Dazz Newsome 40 Yard Dash Time?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As a UNC alum, I have watched this kid play for years. He will be the slot WR for us going forward. Period.

And no I am not being a homer. As a UNC fan I was down on Trubs from the start and could not believe he was being considered a first roubder.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is the biggest question mark, imo.
agreed. Nagy is a bit confusing. At first he was running trick plays successfully right and left. then it fell apart. Is he clever? Not so clever? too clever for his own good (arrogant)? Just had nothing besides trickery and others learned to be prepared for it? Just didn't have the horses to execute things right? He really kind of is the biggest question mark. I expect a lot will be answered more definitively this season.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If you consider that a deep RB room , you might need your head examined
Montgomery is a well rounded back who played really well last year. Williams was great for KC the year before. Cohen isn't good with volume, but as a third back who can be change of pace he fits much better. Herbert was pretty widely viewed as a guy who could contribute right away. Yeah he's a 6th round pick, but rbs are different than other positions in the draft. Thanks for your detailed breakdown though it was really insightful

TL1961

Liked Posts:
IDGAF about the 40 time. How many 4.3 guys have been shit? As long as he isn't running a 4.85 and getting caught from behind by D linemen, it is about playing football. Danny Amendola, Wes Welker, Julian Edleman all small slow guys that played huge, hope Dazz can do the same. Different type WR but, Larry Fitgerald ran a 4.63 40.
"Different" is an understatement. Fitzgerald is a big WR with the greatest hands of all time. That makes up for lack of speed. But it doesn't mean lack of speed for everyone won't hurt them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Montgomery is a well rounded back who played really well last year. Williams was great for KC the year before. Cohen isn't good with volume, but as a third back who can be change of pace he fits much better. Herbert was pretty widely viewed as a guy who could contribute right away. Yeah he's a 6th round pick, but rbs are different than other positions in the draft. Thanks for your detailed breakdown though it was really insightful

He always does a pretty good job of making a jackass out of himself, to be fair that is.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
You know who a 4.7 in the 40 at the combine? Jerry the GOAT WR Fucking Rice. Who fucking cares about 40 times? I want to see how a WR gets open. Does he have great strength, speed, technique, or a combo of all?

Some guys have great twitch where they can cut and not a lose an ounce of speed.
Thanks for this. I thought this was the case but wasnt sure. Jerry still the best WR i ever saw.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Montgomery and Williams are fine, my point was that a 2 deep RB room is not deep no need for a detailed breakdown to reach that conclusion

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From the Athletic

3. Can the Bears find a slot receiver who can catch, plant and drive upfield, collecting yards after the catch?

They’re still giving Anthony Miller a chance to be that player, for now (more on that in a bit), and while it may be putting too much on a sixth-rounder to do it, Newsome comes with the playmaking traits to give himself a chance.

“I’ve been the waterboy since I was like 6 years old, up until I was in seventh grade,” Newsome said on his 22nd birthday. “So really, just seeing all those players. I remember when I first got on the sidelines, Tyrod Taylor, he was at high school, and we were just seeing all them players, and seeing my brother. It was a bunch of great players that came through to my city and all that.

“Just seeing all those players and how they moved and how they made people miss, I just picked up pieces from everybody and really just put it in my game.”

Being the lone draft pick at wide receiver at rookie camp, Newsome was naturally a frequent target of Fields in Saturday’s practice.

“What he can do with the ball in his hands is obviously the reason why he’s coming to Chicago,” wide receivers coach Mike Furrey told reporters Wednesday. “I think he’s tough as all get out, he’s dynamic with that ball, you know he’s got a running back mentality when he gets the ball in his hands.”

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Tom Waddle. The Man, the Myth, The Legend

jive

Liked Posts:
There's some guys that run a 4.6 that just blow past guys that run a 4.4. That's because you don't run on a track, in running shoes. in spandex, and starting in track position when you're playing football. Football speed is knowing where to go and being able to change directions while maintaining balance. From a point of challenging faster DBs, if the faster DBs have slower recovery speed, the "slower" but shifty receiver can still take advantage.