Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Read much? From your own link..........

ARTICLE 2. AFTER PASS IS THROWN. After the ball leaves the passer’s hand, ineligible pass receivers can advance more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage

Of course, then you ban me, because you discovered just how wrong you were, and instead of owning up to it, you ban me. Now of course you will claim it is because I was rude, but I can provide multiple instances where you have called me or others worse, or even now as a moderator failed to do anything when others have done so. And of course there is the simple fact you were blatantly wrong.

@Rush

I’m saying that you don’t know what the fuck your are talking about and are a complete fucking moron. End thread. - bamainatlanta

post 17

I can’t take you seriously when you have Mac’s dick in your mouth. Sorry - bamainatlanta

post 251

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/threads/?fields-injury-update?-✨%EF%B8%8Fcleared-to-start-vs-the-packers✨%EF%B8%8F-❕%EF%B8%8F❗%EF%B8%8F❕%EF%B8%8F❗%EF%B8%8F.91801/page-6#post-4097373

Imagine thinking the contracts receivers have got this offseason and believing that you are correct. Fuller, JuJu, Davis all didn't get paid. Golloday took less than what he wanted last year and several talented WR's are still FA's that will have to accept 1 yr deals with little guaranteed money. You truly are a fucking moron. Ignore time. - bamainatlanta

post 34

So what is it, I was banned for using language you used on multiple occasions, or I was banned because you were losing an argument?
Pretty weak.
You sound like a gay.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You sound like a gay.
Bears fans collectively rejoicing about 3 JF's passes that never traveled more than 3 yards beyond the LOS. LOOK!! they say, JF has progressed. When confronted with the facts, they spend 16 pages debating the obvious.

Who is laughing now?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bears fans collectively rejoicing about 3 JF's passes that never traveled more than 3 yards beyond the LOS. LOOK!! they say, JF has progressed. When confronted with the facts, they spend 16 pages debating the obvious.

Who is laughing now?

who?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thought they ditched the wonderlic last year? But either way that test you linked was.. "This test focused on the reps needed to learn something and then the ability to recall that later"

That has nothing to do with split second read and react processing..

I'm sure Einstein could of crushed those tests.. doesn't mean he would make a good QB, fighter pilot or racecar driver..

The S2 Eval is the only sports evaluation that scientifically measures an athlete’s game-speed cognitive abilities down to a millisecond level

It most certainly does have everything to do with split second read and react processing. Do some research.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You guys can say you don't care what dbldrew says but unfortunately, this is exactly what Fields is showing. Yeah it sucks buts lets stop pretending he doesn't have this major issue.

The problem isn't really that he is slow to process. The problem is he will go through progressions but refuse to pull the trigger.
He has become too cautious a passer. Seem issue Trubisky had towards the end of his Bears career.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The S2 Eval is the only sports evaluation that scientifically measures an athlete’s game-speed cognitive abilities down to a millisecond level

It most certainly does have everything to do with split second read and react processing. Do some research.
well this is interesting thanks Remy always thought that cognitive tests or general IQ tests like the wonderlic where kind of useless for football, other then how quickly someone can memorize the playbook.

So it looks like they are heading in the right direction, although testing in a safe comfortable classroom vs doing it out in the field seems to have a gap. Its kind of like 40 times in the combine in shorts vs on the field in pads. Its useful info but doesnt tell the whole story, side note I have always thought they should be in full pads at the combine anyway.

Think it was Tyson who said "everyone has a plain until they get punched in the mouth". Higher brain function slows down in higher stressful situations for most people. So adding in some stress level for the s2 test to simulate the stress that happens on the field. Maybe a shock collar or the chair is on a trap door that drops if the person takes to much time or something, could be televised like those crazy Japanese gameshows lol I'm sure everyone would be perfectly fine with shocking college players right? lol

Either way the fact that he at least can process quickly in a test environment gives me some hope that he can start doing it in real games.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Fields has never shown the ability to be a great passer. When the Lions defense sucked and the offense played from behind, everyone nicknamed Matthew Stafford as Statpadford. Fields cannot even pad his passing stats in when the Bears are getting blown out. When forced to pass he makes costly mistakes and cannot move the ball down the field. This is very concerning--the time when he should be able to pad his stats he cannot do it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The problem isn't really that he is slow to process. The problem is he will go through progressions but refuse to pull the trigger.
He has become too cautious a passer. Seem issue Trubisky had towards the end of his Bears career.
I would like that to be true because it would more easily be fixed. But he still has a horrific interception often. The one against the Packers he stared down his receiver with no regard to the linebacker. So while he is cautious, it is likely him understanding his limitations of not reading the field well and throwing to the sure guy not wanting to make a mistake. And then when the situation calls for a more open pass attack because of time and score, we see the interceptions because he now has the willingness to throw down field.

If Fields has the Trubisky type 2019 season, we will not be picking up his option just like we didn't with Trubisky.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I would like that to be true because it would more easily be fixed. But he still has a horrific interception often. The one against the Packers he stared down his receiver with no regard to the linebacker. So while he is cautious, it is likely him understanding his limitations of not reading the field well and throwing to the sure guy not wanting to make a mistake. And then when the situation calls for a more open pass attack because of time and score, we see the interceptions because he now has the willingness to throw down field.

If Fields has the Trubisky type 2019 season, we will not be picking up his option just like we didn't with Trubisky.
If Fields looks like Trubisky 2.0 I don't see the bears giving him year 4 let alone an option for year 5.

Fields isn't Poles "mistake" so holding onto him longer I don't see happening

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Fields looks like Trubisky 2.0 I don't see the bears giving him year 4 let alone an option for year 5.

Fields isn't Poles "mistake" so holding onto him longer I don't see happening
Probably but it would be the last year of the rookie deal and if they draft a QB, they may want to go the developmental route and hang onto him. Obviously, if they are lucky enough to be in a position to draft Maye or Williams, they start day 1. Anyone else though might sit or atleast compete for the position year 1.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It doesn't take hindsight super powers.

There has been shockingly few glimmers of being an nfl passer when he has the time and protection.

The bears were insane to not trade him to a desperate team and draft a qb.

I watched Kaepernick, Tebow and RG3 play.
They all had success with their legs and occasionally could make safeties bite on the run threat enough to get a wide open deep play.
Fun highlight reel stuff when you are ahead, unlikely to appear when you are down and pressed for time.

Fields has honestly showed as little as Tebow and Kaepernick as a passer, and trails far behind RG3.

Hell- even if fields was tannehill or Mayfield level as a passer with the legs he has now, I still wouldn't depend on him as the franchise qb.
He would still have to depend on his legs to get the team over the top.

Watching Steve Young and Andrew luck and Donovan McNabb among many others soured me on qbs who were far too quick to run and take hits.
Successful guys with shortened injury laden careers.

A gm that felt he could BE the unquestioned gm would have gotten a return on an electrifying runner- trading him away as the last regimes indulgence, took the shot at #1 and started his own clock on his own team instead of praying the decision of the last regime magically produces an nfl qb.

Hell- suggesting selling justin high to the texans or panthers pre draft and picking young or stroud just resulted in the rampant group of Justin crusaders losing their shit and persecuting any user that dared suggest it.

I said my piece on this pre draft, saw the pearl clutching it invoked, and spent from pre draft on away from this cesspool.

I am willing to bet as the season goes on, more and more fans will regret the bears failing to use history and common sense to guide their decision, instead hoping for the 4th consecutive possible franchise qb to have the light bulb moment.
The Jets are this team. I wouldn't be surprised if calls were made.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
'IF' is the key here. No rhyme or reason sometimes as to if and when this happens. We know he's smart, unlike Mitch, so it's more likely he can improve but obviously not a given. I've said that I'd give him the better part of this season to prove what he is, one way or the other, unless it becomes blatantly obvious. If he becomes successful playing like last year, I continue to look for a replacement but if he can clearly improve in the pocket while still keeping D's honest with his feet, I'm good.

Yesterday, it looked liked he'd have been better off calling his own plays. There's a tentatively there. Like he's concerned to make mistakes that may actually be helping cause them. He's not freeballing
.:NomNom:
Mitch read a defense better. Only clowns would say Fields is a smart QB. Only casuals really.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch read a defense better. Only clowns would say Fields is a smart QB. Only casuals really.
Smart and ability to read and react in real time are not the same thing. Marino was a dope. Mitch didn't see shit until they gave him 1/2 field reads and could barely speak in sentences. LOL. I suspect the 1/2 field stuff will now come for Fields who is quite smart in the real world but is not seeing the field as he should. If it doesn't get better in a few more games, we'll see Tyson and I'm good with that as well.

This is how all these convo's go. I point to real things like general intelligence or physical ability and guys think I'm a fanboy. I talk about not seeing targets and stepping into sacks after over 4 sec and I'm a hater. These responses are from guys that can only view issues as black or white without any concept of gray. Simple and/or biased minds.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m sure the fields nuthuggers will say that his preseason debut was great but let’s look at the facts shall we?

1) Fields is overly reliant on Moore. This is what happens when you can’t elevate your team

2) Fields relies too much on the short passing game. When are we going to see this great arm strength he has?

3) All three throws were wide open. Fields still can’t throw in tight windows

4) Still can’t hit 200 yards passing. And he said he’d be the first 4000 yard passer

Call me names, roll your eyes and drink the kool aid all you want but this team won’t do shit with Fields
Nailed it. And to think, the CCS masterminds argued for pages when it was brought up that the one preseason game was fool's gold.
Tell, me, who is laughing now?

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
The problem with the sample size argument is this is going into his 3rd year with struggling to quickly process what's happening.
Fields was always boom or bust. Pairing with Getsy was a poor move. Getsy runs a timing WCO. Fields needed Greg Roman. A complete offense tailored around 1-2 read, RPO, and straight QB runs.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Mitch was at his best year 2 w Nagy when Nagy wasnt a dbag. I blamed Mitch for not turning into a pocket passer year 3 but as here, maybe they needed to pump the breaks on pushing it.