Dbldrew hates Fields and will let us know

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m sure the fields nuthuggers will say that his preseason debut was great but let’s look at the facts shall we?

1) Fields is overly reliant on Moore. This is what happens when you can’t elevate your team

2) Fields relies too much on the short passing game. When are we going to see this great arm strength he has?

3) All three throws were wide open. Fields still can’t throw in tight windows

4) Still can’t hit 200 yards passing. And he said he’d be the first 4000 yard passer

Call me names, roll your eyes and drink the kool aid all you want but this team won’t do shit with Fields
^^ nailed it^^

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
'IF' is the key here. No rhyme or reason sometimes as to if and when this happens. We know he's smart, unlike Mitch, so it's more likely he can improve but obviously not a given. I've said that I'd give him the better part of this season to prove what he is, one way or the other, unless it becomes blatantly obvious. If he becomes successful playing like last year, I continue to look for a replacement but if he can clearly improve in the pocket while still keeping D's honest with his feet, I'm good.

Yesterday, it looked liked he'd have been better off calling his own plays. There's a tentatively there. Like he's concerned to make mistakes that may actually be helping cause them. He's not freeballing
.:NomNom:
He is smart, but typically what we consider intelligent with memory, logic, calculation etc is different then what his problem is with processing quickly in real time.

Quickly being able to read and react in a split second is what, fighter pilots, race car drivers, and good QBs need to do, that is completely different then how intelligent they are.

We will see if he can improve on this enough this year, its no secret that I have my doubts

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is smart, but typically what we consider intelligent with memory, logic, calculation etc is different then what his problem is with processing quickly in real time.

Quickly being able to read and react in a split second is what, fighter pilots, race car drivers, and good QBs need to do, that is completely different then how intelligent they are.

We will see if he can improve on this enough this year, its no secret that I have my doubts
He had the top test score for that before the draft so...
Don't really understand the constant need for you to dump on him. He may or may not make it but it will a combination of things that make it so and you can only wait so long. I never expected Geno Smith to be good and he's now very good. It's difficult to project QBs and why the best at it get it wrong all the time. That fans get so insistent that they know better always makes me smile. You may be right or wrong but it won't be because of anything in this exchange.

That we saw some of the traits we are concerned about yesterday is not encouraging but it's still a work in progress. He should at least be allowed 2 years worth of starts before determination. He's at 26.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

2 students

100 question test, one hour to finish

Student one finishes the test in 30 minutes, gets three wrong
Student two finishes the test in 59 minutes, gets one wrong.

Who do you want for your QB?

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
2 students

100 question test, one hour to finish

Student one finishes the test in 30 minutes, gets three wrong
Student two finishes the test in 59 minutes, gets one wrong.

Who do you want for your QB?
Probably the 30min guy but that kind of test is irrelevant for split second processing, maybe that 30 min guy gets tunnel vision, who knows.

All that test will show is how quickly someone can probably learn the offensive plays or to identify basic formations.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He had the top test score for that before the draft so...
Don't really understand the constant need for you to dump on him. He may or may not make it but it will a combination of things that make it so and you can only wait so long. I never expected Geno Smith to be good and he's now very good. It's difficult to project QBs and why the best at it get it wrong all the time. That fans get so insistent that they know better always makes me smile. You may be right or wrong but it won't be because of anything in this exchange.

That we saw some of the traits we are concerned about yesterday is not encouraging but it's still a work in progress. He should at least be allowed 2 years worth of starts before determination. He's at 26.
The wonderlic test does not test for split second processing.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Here's the part that totally has me confused. The game plan was never for Fields to throw down field, which basically means to me that they don't trust him. So why in the hell did they pass up on the best QB in the last draft when they had the #1 pick??!!

I honestly think this is just the typical McCaskey hire of people who are clueless, and they put them into jobs that are way over their heads. Nothing is ever going to change as long as Virginia believes her dumb ass sons know something about how to put together a winning football team. This is the difference between the Bears and the Packers, she believes in her sons, the Packers believe in winning.

Cuz we got a boatload of Mystery box assets in exchange for a Mystery Box QB? We're in Week 1. If Young, Stroud, Richardson go on to start killing it, then we can use our hindsight superpower to say we all knew Poles should've took a QB and he sucks. Until then, who knows.

If Fields and the Bears are THAT bad, we're gonna have plenty of assets to have a crack at his replacement (Unless Bagent is that guy, or Peterman starts playing God level ball) between our pick and Carolina's pick, and we got a free DJ Moore out of the deal.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t that which is no longer used.
Thought they ditched the wonderlic last year? But either way that test you linked was.. "This test focused on the reps needed to learn something and then the ability to recall that later"

That has nothing to do with split second read and react processing..

I'm sure Einstein could of crushed those tests.. doesn't mean he would make a good QB, fighter pilot or racecar driver..

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
It is a problem, a big one. Mitch struggled with the mental part of the game as well (along with having a inaccurate deep ball) so if Fields continues down the struggling on the mental side of things then having a more athletic Mitch Trubisky with a better deep ball is not the recipe for building a contender
Right now Fields is a more athletic Tribusky with a better deep ball but worse mid to short passing game.

Reactions: DC

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m not completely out on Fields however I’m not opposed to going QB if we have a top five pick. Want the dude to succeed (unlike some)but that was ugly

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cuz we got a boatload of Mystery box assets in exchange for a Mystery Box QB? We're in Week 1. If Young, Stroud, Richardson go on to start killing it, then we can use our hindsight superpower to say we all knew Poles should've took a QB and he sucks. Until then, who knows.

If Fields and the Bears are THAT bad, we're gonna have plenty of assets to have a crack at his replacement (Unless Bagent is that guy, or Peterman starts playing God level ball) between our pick and Carolina's pick, and we got a free DJ Moore out of the deal.

It doesn't take hindsight super powers.

There has been shockingly few glimmers of being an nfl passer when he has the time and protection.

The bears were insane to not trade him to a desperate team and draft a qb.

I watched Kaepernick, Tebow and RG3 play.
They all had success with their legs and occasionally could make safeties bite on the run threat enough to get a wide open deep play.
Fun highlight reel stuff when you are ahead, unlikely to appear when you are down and pressed for time.

Fields has honestly showed as little as Tebow and Kaepernick as a passer, and trails far behind RG3.

Hell- even if fields was tannehill or Mayfield level as a passer with the legs he has now, I still wouldn't depend on him as the franchise qb.
He would still have to depend on his legs to get the team over the top.

Watching Steve Young and Andrew luck and Donovan McNabb among many others soured me on qbs who were far too quick to run and take hits.
Successful guys with shortened injury laden careers.

A gm that felt he could BE the unquestioned gm would have gotten a return on an electrifying runner- trading him away as the last regimes indulgence, took the shot at #1 and started his own clock on his own team instead of praying the decision of the last regime magically produces an nfl qb.

Hell- suggesting selling justin high to the texans or panthers pre draft and picking young or stroud just resulted in the rampant group of Justin crusaders losing their shit and persecuting any user that dared suggest it.

I said my piece on this pre draft, saw the pearl clutching it invoked, and spent from pre draft on away from this cesspool.

I am willing to bet as the season goes on, more and more fans will regret the bears failing to use history and common sense to guide their decision, instead hoping for the 4th consecutive possible franchise qb to have the light bulb moment.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought they ditched the wonderlic last year? But either way that test you linked was.. "This test focused on the reps needed to learn something and then the ability to recall that later"

That has nothing to do with split second read and react processing..

I'm sure Einstein could of crushed those tests.. doesn't mean he would make a good QB, fighter pilot or racecar driver..
and you being a lay person means you know so much more than NFL personnel? I never presented it as proof but as reason to give him more rope. WTF is your barometer. You're sure he sucks, I'm not and willing to wait longer to find out what he is. BFD. What about him makes it so important to you that he fails.

This is where you tell me that you want what's best for the Bear but it's clearly more than that.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
and you being a lay person means you know so much more than NFL personnel? I never presented it as proof but as reason to give him more rope. WTF is your barometer. You're sure he sucks, I'm not and willing to wait longer to find out what he is. BFD. What about him makes it so important to you that he fails.

This is where you tell me that you want what's best for the Bear but it's clearly more than that.
Fields has been slow to process in his rookie year, he has been slow to process in year 2, he was slow to process in the preseason and so far this year he continues on with his slow to process with game 1. Me pointing out a major flaw to his game is not me hoping that he fails, Its pointing out why he has been a bad passer. This whole debate between you and me was you making excuses that it was a small sample size.. 28 games is not a small sample size.

Can he improve? can the lightbulb flip on for him? Sure, but he is quickly running out of time for that. A few more games like this and I will be calling for TB17 to be put in there

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields has been slow to process in his rookie year, he has been slow to process in year 2, he was slow to process in the preseason and so far this year he continues on with his slow to process with game 1. Me pointing out a major flaw to his game is not me hoping that he fails, Its pointing out why he has been a bad passer. This whole debate between you and me was you making excuses that it was a small sample size.. 28 games is not a small sample size.

Can he improve? can the lightbulb flip on for him? Sure, but he is quickly running out of time for that. A few more games like this and I will be calling for TB17 to be put in there

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys can say you don't care what dbldrew says but unfortunately, this is exactly what Fields is showing. Yeah it sucks buts lets stop pretending he doesn't have this major issue.
I don’t care about dbldrews obsession with non athletic, low scoring white QBs