DeAndre Hopkins on the Trade Block

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
If the price is right.

I'd look at this as a bridge at the WR position until 2024. It would be nice to add some firepower for next season, until the next draft. I don't see us making a significant upgrade there unless it's through FA.
I think the FA class is thin at WR with JuJu being at the top.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Agree there.

Did anyone catch how fast Poles interjected TE when someone asked about adding a WR this off-season? Made me wonder….
Poles & Flus love Kmet and are probably looking at 2 TE sets that can't be covered easily. A couple of good TE FA's this year with
the Cowboys & Miami guys.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Bears have too many needs to fill this draft and the WR’s simply aren’t there. Bears also have tons of cap space … trade a few late rounders and front load the fck outta the deal, get it done.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If you can throw a first round pick at a wr you may/may not sign, two 4ths or a third should be no biggie

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd be more worried about the steroids. He's been hurt and has aged. The money is one thing but it's not my money! I'd be worried he wouldn't be buying into HITS. Seems like he'd be Not trying to get HITSED. I'd be more into a player that still wants to prove something and not a player who may just be chasing some late career stats and a paycheck. One or two more young Chase Claypools and the Bears are set!
Touché my Maryland Bear Fan. Probably the best argument I’ve heard yet about why this shouldn’t be an option.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears have too many needs to fill this draft and the WR’s simply aren’t there. Bears also have tons of cap space … trade a few late rounders and front load the fck outta the deal, get it done.

It isn't really about that, but more so with his no trade clause.

Highly doubtful he would wanna come to the Bears. We suck and were just last in the league in passing yards per game. I don't think a WR would wanna step into that situation willingly.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd be more worried about the steroids. He's been hurt and has aged. The money is one thing but it's not my money! I'd be worried he wouldn't be buying into HITS. Seems like he'd be Not trying to get HITSED. I'd be more into a player that still wants to prove something and not a player who may just be chasing some late career stats and a paycheck. One or two more young Chase Claypools and the Bears are set!
Pretty fair tbh. But I've got no idea the kind of mentality he brings to the game.

I'd hope the new regime's management/scouting/coaching staff could accurately assess the psychology of a player through the vetting process before breaking out the checkbook. But that remains to be seen.

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What do you guys think a potential Hopkins to the bears deal would like like?

and if not Hopkins who should the bears add to be Fields No 1

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm gonna merge. This convo is already happening here...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It isn't really about that, but more so with his no trade clause.

Highly doubtful he would wanna come to the Bears. We suck and were just last in the league in passing yards per game. I don't think a WR would wanna step into that situation willingly.
Don’t disagree, but these guys are very cocky. Have to think he would see himself as the easy #1 target, and would get the bulk of the load in passing game. Also fields is a good deep ball thrower and should give d hop tons of shots.

A big reason he would want out is kyler Murray is injured going into next season, and too much uncertainty is there. Also, things weren’t great when he was.

Also, if they are working out a new contract before the trade I’d doubt he would pass up on a deal offering the money he wants.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
NTC aside. Cardinals would need to send the Bears a draft pick to assume the rest of the contract. Bears can send a conditional 7th just to get the paperwork done.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
if it were possible, I would do it for a late round pick. The Bears have the money to do so and they aren’t gonna find a difference maker at WR for 2023 better than that. He’s. Two year stop gap. A really good one though.

He won’t want to come here and I wouldn’t want to have to sign him to an extension either.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
John Harbaugh has stated previously that established WR’s simply prefer not to play in Baltimore due to the run heavy scheme. So I don’t see Hopkins waiving his no trade clause for the Bears.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
I'd be willing to do it, he's a big bodied receiver who will threaten defenses to double cover him, in turn it will help mooney and Claypool. Especially if we trade the 1st and pickup a decent amount of picks. Hopefully we can use one of those picks on marvin Harrison JR next year and build up the line this year.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I would say draft a WR but Poles hasn’t shown he has any idea how to identify WR talent with disasters like VJJ and Claypool. Will be interesting to see what he does.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Two fourth rounders? Fourth and fifth?

Would have to consider that. He offers more than any FA over the next two years by a wide margin.

Bears' third rounder this year? No.
never underestimate Poles, he did afterall trade a 2 for Clayshit

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As for the no-trade clause - I get it blah blah blah he'd never want to play for the Bears. Well, he also wants a new contract. Bears could come in with the highest offer and he may rethink not wanting to play for Chicago. It's not like the Bears don't have the money...