DeAndre Hopkins on the Trade Block

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That's been the reporting on this all over the web. Hopkins wants a new deal because he has two years left on his contract.

He also has a no trade clause which means he's probably not coming to a team that's in full rebuild mode.

Let's say Hopkins has two good years left before his skills start to erode. Tell me how the Bears are going to win a Super Bowl in two years with Hopkins before his skills erode and then the next massive contract kicks in.

Do you honestly want a 31 year old WR who has 10 years in the league making $25-million over the next 4 years while you hope and pray his skills don't fall off a cliff?

Add to it why would trade draft capital when you need like 18 other starters.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's been the reporting on this all over the web. Hopkins wants a new deal because he has two years left on his contract.

He also has a no trade clause which means he's probably not coming to a team that's in full rebuild mode.

Let's say Hopkins has two good years left before his skills start to erode. Tell me how the Bears are going to win a Super Bowl in two years with Hopkins before his skills erode and then the next massive contract kicks in.

Do you honestly want a 31 year old WR who has 10 years in the league making $25-million over the next 4 years while you hope and pray his skills don't fall off a cliff?

It is of no surprise to me (or anyone of that matter) that the point of signing Hopkins has gone completely over your head

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

1) You said "the richest WR contract in history".

2) His age and contract status will have a major impact on picks that would need to be given up.

3) I look at him as a bridge between 2023 and 2024. Give better options at the WR position either through the draft or FA for next season.

Like I said elsewhere. If the price is right. But I've yet to see another scenario where the Bears could improve more at WR for next year outside of Hopkins.

Would he want to come to Chicago? Who knows. That's obviously a personal decision with a bunch of factors that we have no insight into outside of massive speculation.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Don't want. As much as we need a #1 Hopkins doesn't fit the timeline. We'd be giving up a 3rd or or 4th presumably for a 2 year rental and he hasn't been healthy the previous 2.

If bears were 9-8 this year I think you risk it hoping he helps you contend, but we're too far away we need younger guys on cheaper deals.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1) You said "the richest WR contract in history".

2) His age and contract status will have a major impact on picks that would need to be given up.

3) I look at him as a bridge between 2023 and 2024. Give better options at the WR position either through the draft or FA for next season.

Like I said elsewhere. If the price is right. But I've yet to see another scenario where the Bears could improve more at WR for next year outside of Hopkins.

Would he want to come to Chicago? Who knows. That's obviously a personal decision with a bunch of factors that we have no insight into outside of massive speculation.
If the price is right? At the cost of what other positions of need on the team?

They need how many other starters?

A bridge to 2024? What do you hope to accomplish with him in the fold? They're not going to the playoffs next year.

Going for Hopkins at this stage would be a move made out of sheer desperation.

Most everyone wants to get him because of what he's done the last 10 years and not what he's likely to do the next 2 or for what the Bears need over the next two.

Trading away more draft capital would be absolutely asinine.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If the price is right? At the cost of what other positions of need on the team?

They need how many other starters?

A bridge to 2024? What do you hope to accomplish with him in the fold? They're not going to the playoffs next year.

Going for Hopkins at this stage would be a move made out of sheer desperation.

Most everyone wants to get him because of what he's done the last 10 years and not what he's likely to do the next 2 or for what the Bears need over the next two.

Trading away more draft capital would be absolutely asinine.
Ret@rd. @dbldrew vacating his asshole didn't mean you should shove your head up there

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They may not want to trade them your right. I don't think Cincy can afford Tee though in the end and maybe Moore stays...but if the Panthers want to move up, they may not want to trade him but that kind of player might get them to the QB they want and get us a legit WR
You don't trade away WRs in order to draft a QB who then has no weapons.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The only sensible way I see the Bears getting Hopkins is by trading the number one for the number three and getting a couple draft picks along with asking for him in the trade so they can go get their quarterback

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only sensible way I see the Bears getting Hopkins is by trading the number one for the number three and getting a couple draft picks along with asking for him in the trade so they can go get their quarterback

Not a bad way to get him. I really hope his currently priced contract / new expectations (which we don't know yet tho right?) = dry market for him. We'll have to see how it plays out & hope Poles doesn't overpay to get a guy that he will then may have to overpay.

Most on here seem pretty reasonable and also don't want to overpay. It's almost like we've all learned from Pace on what NOT to do when building a team! ?

This is all pending him still being close to near #1 WR form for at least 2 seasons. Cheap out clause needed beyond that regardless IMO.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When are players not all about the money? Tom Brady and….
Let's not forget Roger Goodell is the highest paid employee in the NFL, making almost $20 million more per season than the highest-paid player.