DeAndre Hopkins on the Trade Block

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Agree there.

Did anyone catch how fast Poles interjected TE when someone asked about adding a WR this off-season? Made me wonder….
Maybe because there are better free agent candidates at TE than there are at WR in the receiving garbage bin?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Does he come with roids? If so, yes.

Trevor Siemian and a 6th and 2028 5th. Why Trevor? why not. Plenty of better back ups on the market.

Also trade downs could net pleny of late rounders to easily acquire the Hopkins. Makes sense given the Rookie/FA class. Problem is, is the want for an extension. Mooney and Cement need mula in 24. If Hopkins would take a restructure for more guaranteed money, okay, but idk about adding multiple years. 1 at most, but he probably wants 3 extra

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it's about salary and they'll need a WR, trade them Claypool.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'd much rather have Tee Higgins or DJ Moore if we are trading for WR although we already blew our best tradeable pick on Clay Cesspool so I don't think we are trading for any more wr

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'd much rather have Tee Higgins or DJ Moore if we are trading for WR although we already blew our best tradeable pick on Clay Cesspool so I don't think we are trading for any more wr
Why would either of those teams trade those guys though? DJ Moore just got extended and he'd be a guy you'd like to keep for the qb they will be hunting. Higgins needs extended but they have space and burrow and chase still have a little more time on those rookie contracts. Burrow probably gets extended this offseason but cap hits won't blow up for a couple more years. If I were them I'd extend Higgins and keep that winning window open. Trade him once the burrow and chase cap hits actually become an issue

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would either of those teams trade those guys though? DJ Moore just got extended and he'd be a guy you'd like to keep for the qb they will be hunting. Higgins needs extended but they have space and burrow and chase still have a little more time on those rookie contracts. Burrow probably gets extended this offseason but cap hits won't blow up for a couple more years. If I were them I'd extend Higgins and keep that winning window open. Trade him once the burrow and chase cap hits actually become an issue

Because Bears fans want them to… duh.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
They may not want to trade them your right. I don't think Cincy can afford Tee though in the end and maybe Moore stays...but if the Panthers want to move up, they may not want to trade him but that kind of player might get them to the QB they want and get us a legit WR

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopkins might have more appeal considering he will likely not take a ton of draft capital to get. Those other two guys would likely demand a 1st or 2nd imo.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
DJ Chark would be an interesting add. There are actually a few good receivers that may be available

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Get it done poles! If Hopkins will waive the NTC for a new contract, give it to him and front load the hell out of it.

by the time his cap hit matters, bears can move on from him.

hopkins would help fields develop, and would help the other receivers develop. Mooney and Claypool will never see a double team and will avoid the other teams best corner most of the time.

literally the entire offense gets better with hopkins on the roster. Give AZ a 5th rounder and get it done

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
How many games would another PED suspension cost him?

Fair point!

This will definitely lower the cost of trading for him but I’d rather not.

Fields doesn’t like to throw it up for grabs as he’s looking for guys being open.

Hopkins was great but on the down turn of his career, hence the PED’s

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
I'm cool not going after Hopkins. He's a bigger name than he is a consistent talent at this point. No reason to tie yourself into money of a new deal, and hope he stays healthy. Plus guys who have missed that much playing time, tend to fall off from peak game shape in those years

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm cool not going after Hopkins. He's a bigger name than he is a consistent talent at this point. No reason to tie yourself into money of a new deal, and hope he stays healthy. Plus guys who have missed that much playing time, tend to fall off from peak game shape in those years
Hopkins really has hardly missed any time with injury in his career other than last year. Probably used PED to accelerate recovery which is why he missed time this year (suspension). And he's actually been incredibly consistent and productive throughout his career. Even with the disaster that the cardinals were this year, he was on pace for 1300ish yards over a full season

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We know sugar tits, anything that may help Fields progress is a hard pass for you.
31 year old WR who wants the richest WR contract in history with injury problems.

You tell me why trading for him makes sense.