DeAngelo Williams has beef with Bears

Sammich

Liked Posts:
DeAngelo Williams takes exception with prediction for Bears

DeAngelo Williams has an impressive NFL resume. A first-round pick of the Carolina Panthers in 2006, Williams went to a Pro Bowl in 2009 and was a second-team All-Pro in 2008. He also led the NFL in rushing touchdowns in 2008 and again in 2015. Needless to say, he knows the game of football. But earlier in the week he took a shot at the Chicago Bears on Twitter.

After NFL Network analyst Adam Rank posted a tweet about going on Good Morning Football to talk about the five reasons he believes the Bears will make the playoffs this season, Williams took it as an opportunity to take a shot at the Monsters of the Midway.

"Adam, I will give [you] five words why they won't make the playoffs: they are the Chicago Bears!" - Williams tweeted out.

It is not really known why Williams would have a beef with the Bears. He never played for the team or in their division. He played against the Bears four times in his career and carried the ball 44 times for 197 yards without scoring a touchdown. He also caught four passes for two yards without a touchdown and went 1-3 against them, so maybe he still carries some sour grapes over those losses? Who knows.

Bears rookie wide receiver Anthony Miller called him out for going after Chicago in his tweet, prompting Williams to offer up a nice compromise with the Memphis alum.

"We will revisit this convo at the end of the year," Williams tweeted. "[You] don't make it [you] have to come to my camp! [You] make it I will buy five fans tickets to your first round of the playoffs, deal?"

Not a bad gesture on Williams' part if he actually goes through with what he said to Miller. In a lot of ways, it is easy to understand why Williams does not believe the Bears will make the playoffs this year. Chicago has won just 14 games over the course of the last three seasons and has not made the playoffs since 2010. Their last winning season was in 2012 when the team went 10-6 but they did not make the playoffs. After that season, head coach Lovie Smith was fired. Since then the organization has been on a largely downward trajectory.

So what did Rank give out as his five reasons the Bears will make the playoffs? A lot has to do with the improved offense. On Good Morning Football he noted quarterback Mitch Trubisky, new offensive weapons in guys like Allen Robinson and Trey Burton, running back Jordan Howard, the strong defense and the fact that they've followed a blueprint that is similar to what the Los Angeles Rams did last year as his reasons for why Chicago can surprise many this year.

Williams may not be a believer in what the Bears can do this season, but many around the league appear to be getting aboard that hype train early.

-247Sports.com

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Just like I called Jeffery, this kid is the real deal... Has talent let's just hope his mental game doesn't get in the way like it did with Jeffery.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 reasons they wont be in the playoffs, Minnesota (x2), Greenbay (x2) Detroit (x1). 5 losses right there, maybe 6. Pats and Rams, 2 more loses. That leaves the Cards, Phins, Hawks, Bucs, Jets, Bills, Giants and Niners, all as must win games to get to 9-7, but they lose any tie breaker to in division opponents because of their conference/head to head record.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude your Lions are getting swept. And Green bay will probably be a win home and a loss away. Willing to bet if you are?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude your Lions are getting swept. And Green bay will probably be a win home and a loss away. Willing to bet if you are?

Who are you? And what is the bet, that the Bears split with GB, and sweep the Lions? Dude, your delusional. But sure, I will take that bet. Not sure why you would make it when I already have a bet against Spartan, with much easier to achieve goals for the Bears (finish ahead of Detroit in standings).

The Bear Hype train is one year pre-mature when talking playoffs, sorry.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't know posters had to be familiar with each other in order to make a comment. Also it is very fitting your a Lions fan considering your reading comprehension is elementary. If you ask someone to interpret what I posted they would tell you the bet is simple. The bears will sweep the lions (meaning 2-0 versus them) and tie with the packers (meaning 1-1 versus them). Anything less or more and you win the bet...

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who are you? And what is the bet, that the Bears split with GB, and sweep the Lions? Dude, your delusional. But sure, I will take that bet. Not sure why you would make it when I already have a bet against Spartan, with much easier to achieve goals for the Bears (finish ahead of Detroit in standings).

The Bear Hype train is one year pre-mature when talking playoffs, sorry.
Cool avatar though. It's a shame ice spiders weren't incorporated into the show..

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't know posters had to be familiar with each other in order to make a comment. Also it is very fitting your a Lions fan considering your reading comprehension is elementary. If you ask someone to interpret what I posted they would tell you the bet is simple. The bears will sweep the lions (meaning 2-0 versus them) and tie with the packers (meaning 1-1 versus them). Anything less or more and you win the bet...

My reading skills are just fine thank you, it's the fact that you would even make that bet is what has me SMDH, especially considering my bet with Spartan. Don't have to be familiar to make a comment, but to make a bet, well, that depends on the terms. So what are they exactly?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeAngelo Williams takes exception with prediction for Bears

DeAngelo Williams has an impressive NFL resume. A first-round pick of the Carolina Panthers in 2006, Williams went to a Pro Bowl in 2009 and was a second-team All-Pro in 2008. He also led the NFL in rushing touchdowns in 2008 and again in 2015. Needless to say, he knows the game of football. But earlier in the week he took a shot at the Chicago Bears on Twitter.

After NFL Network analyst Adam Rank posted a tweet about going on Good Morning Football to talk about the five reasons he believes the Bears will make the playoffs this season, Williams took it as an opportunity to take a shot at the Monsters of the Midway.

"Adam, I will give [you] five words why they won't make the playoffs: they are the Chicago Bears!" - Williams tweeted out.

It is not really known why Williams would have a beef with the Bears. He never played for the team or in their division. He played against the Bears four times in his career and carried the ball 44 times for 197 yards without scoring a touchdown. He also caught four passes for two yards without a touchdown and went 1-3 against them, so maybe he still carries some sour grapes over those losses? Who knows.

Bears rookie wide receiver Anthony Miller called him out for going after Chicago in his tweet, prompting Williams to offer up a nice compromise with the Memphis alum.

"We will revisit this convo at the end of the year," Williams tweeted. "[You] don't make it [you] have to come to my camp! [You] make it I will buy five fans tickets to your first round of the playoffs, deal?"

Not a bad gesture on Williams' part if he actually goes through with what he said to Miller. In a lot of ways, it is easy to understand why Williams does not believe the Bears will make the playoffs this year. Chicago has won just 14 games over the course of the last three seasons and has not made the playoffs since 2010. Their last winning season was in 2012 when the team went 10-6 but they did not make the playoffs. After that season, head coach Lovie Smith was fired. Since then the organization has been on a largely downward trajectory.

So what did Rank give out as his five reasons the Bears will make the playoffs? A lot has to do with the improved offense. On Good Morning Football he noted quarterback Mitch Trubisky, new offensive weapons in guys like Allen Robinson and Trey Burton, running back Jordan Howard, the strong defense and the fact that they've followed a blueprint that is similar to what the Los Angeles Rams did last year as his reasons for why Chicago can surprise many this year.

Williams may not be a believer in what the Bears can do this season, but many around the league appear to be getting aboard that hype train early.

-247Sports.com

You had another post, then it disappeared. You had the Bears getting swept by Minnesota, and then splitting with Detroit and Gb. That's doable, but still leaves them 2-4 in conference. That would be a tough road into the playoff's, and most likely would require 3 teams from the North making it in.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My reading skills are just fine thank you, it's the fact that you would even make that bet is what has me SMDH, especially considering my bet with Spartan. Don't have to be familiar to make a comment, but to make a bet, well, that depends on the terms. So what are they exactly?
Actually you sound pretty coherent. Maybe my reading comprehension interpretation skills are off. The bet... A Games of Thrones sigil house (of their choosing) t-shirt to the victor?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually you sound pretty coherent. Maybe my reading comprehension interpretation skills are off. The bet... A Games of Thrones sigil house (of their choosing) t-shirt to the victor?

Hmm, as much as I love GOT, not really into the whole T-shirt thing. Even if I won, I wouldn't be caught dead in the T-shirt. Not backing down on the bet, just come up with something different........here is the thing though, if you do win, most likely that means I also lost to Spartan, in which case i will be banned for a year, so there really is very little risk for me to make this bet with you.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
You had another post, then it disappeared. You had the Bears getting swept by Minnesota, and then splitting with Detroit and Gb. That's doable, but still leaves them 2-4 in conference. That would be a tough road into the playoff's, and most likely would require 3 teams from the North making it in.

Yeah. I think its highly possible we go 0-2 vs. Vikings, and 1-1 vs. Packers and Lions.... I can even see us going 1-1 vs. Vikings. I think 2-4 or 3-3 in our division is most likely.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. I think its highly possible we go 0-2 vs. Vikings, and 1-1 vs. Packers and Lions.... I can even see us going 1-1 vs. Vikings. I think 2-4 or 3-3 in our division is most likely.

Well, 3-3 in the division would make it a lot easier to get into the play-offs, but I don't see that happening, not yet. Of course, injuries change everything, but that could just as likely (if not more so) hit the Bears as it would the other division rivals. With a healthy Cousins, Rodgers, and Stafford, and the Bears still one key component away on D (pass rush) getting to 3-3 will be tough.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Well, 3-3 in the division would make it a lot easier to get into the play-offs, but I don't see that happening, not yet. Of course, injuries change everything, but that could just as likely (if not more so) hit the Bears as it would the other division rivals. With a healthy Cousins, Rodgers, and Stafford, and the Bears still one key component away on D (pass rush) getting to 3-3 will be tough.

Logically, 3-3 does not sound doable.... but I think it is realistic that we go 1-1 with the Packers and Lions, and I am banking on the possibility that we have a big underdog win against the Vikings like we did last year against the Steelers in week 3. I would say 2-4 most likely, 3-3 possibility.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Logically, 3-3 does not sound doable.... but I think it is realistic that we go 1-1 with the Packers and Lions, and I am banking on the possibility that we have a big underdog win against the Vikings like we did last year against the Steelers in week 3. I would say 2-4 most likely, 3-3 possibility.

Depends on if they have anything to play for in the last game of the season. I think Minny is going to be a juggernaut this year.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Depends on if they have anything to play for in the last game of the season. I think Minny is going to be a juggernaut this year.

I think Cousins is going to disappoint. Vikings will be as good, if not better than last year, but people seem to be thinking that Cousins is the missing piece to the Vikings Super Bowl reign, and I just do not see Cousins being the answer.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Cousins is going to disappoint. Vikings will be as good, if not better than last year, but people seem to be thinking that Cousins is the missing piece to the Vikings Super Bowl reign, and I just do not see Cousins being the answer.

He will be as good, if not better than Keenum though, and with Cook back and their D even better, I dunno.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
He will be as good, if not better than Keenum though, and with Cook back and their D even better, I dunno.

Vikings have a tough schedule this year. They also have road games against Seattle, Rams, Patriots and Eagles. I do not see the Vikings coming anywhere close to their 13-3 from last year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vikings have a tough schedule this year. They also have road games against Seattle, Rams, Patriots and Eagles. I do not see the Vikings coming anywhere close to their 13-3 from last year.

The only team in that mix that the Bears Don't play is Philly. They don't have to be 13-3 to sweep the Bears, this is a conversation about the playoffs, and more specifically the division, and I have Minny winning the division and occupying one of those playoff spots. As to who go's on to win the SB, that is entirely a different conversation. But, the more games Minny loses, the more significant that last game against the Bears will be, making it that much harder for the Bears to steal one from them. Personally like Minny over all of those teams, with the exception of Philly.