DeAngelo Williams has beef with Bears

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because they only run when inside the 20? So the 97 yard play doesn't count? Big plays win games. Discounting them is loser talk.

Loser talk is not understanding what was said before posting a stupid comment. What part of JuJu was a beast that game did you fail to understand exactly?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Dude, it was a joke, a little sensitive are we?

I'm not sensitive at all. How exactly am I supposed to know that's a joke? The demeanor you had when you typed it? When people use sarcasm on here they type it in green font or it's obvious. That was neither. And you most definitely shouldn't be calling anyone else on this board sensitive. When there's any criticism about the Lions on here you get all butthurt about, even when it's justified.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AB was covered by a helping safety a lot in that game. Which left JuJu wide open all game long

except he wasn't, now your just pulling shit out of your ass. Of course it AB runs a lot of go routes, safety help over the top comes naturally. I guess when slay held Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs and Mike Evans below average as well, he was getting help. Bears Wr's don't scare me. Howard does, and if the Bears get a decent TE, those are the players that give the Lions fits.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sensitive at all. How exactly am I supposed to know that's a joke? The demeanor you had when you typed it? When people use sarcasm on here they type it in green font or it's obvious. That was neither. And you most definitely shouldn't be calling anyone else on this board sensitive. When there's any criticism about the Lions on here you get all butthurt about, even when it's justified.

Got it....use more smileys :) :) :)

And I don't get butt hurt about justified criticism of the Lions, and yes there is plenty.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Got it....use more smileys :) :) :)

And I don't get butt hurt about justified criticism of the Lions, and yes there is plenty.

I don't buy it. You act more butthurt in this thread than Jim Caldwell in the dungeon of doom.

And you've also shown your true colors about your supposed Bear fandom....

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Arob will be on IR time the Lions game rolls around though..........Juju Smith-Schuster was a beast that game, but his stat line is greatly inflated by a one play 97 yard catch and run. Lions got stuffed in the redzone 3 times for zero points in a 15-20 loss, largley do to their enemic run game.

Never a good sign when you have to bank on the other team's injuries in order to win.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't buy it. You act more butthurt in this thread than Jim Caldwell in the dungeon of doom.

And you've also shown your true colors about your supposed Bear fandom....

Again.....Yawn........

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, it was a joke, a little sensitive are we?

FWIW...I thought it was funny. Seems that Bears Football is more serious business than you would think looking at the Wins column this decade.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Loser talk is not understanding what was said before posting a stupid comment. What part of JuJu was a beast that game did you fail to understand exactly?

I think you got the understanding part right but are looking at the wrong end of this convo.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW...I thought it was funny. Seems that Bears Football is more serious business than you would think looking at the Wins column this decade.

Touched a nerve I guess..........

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
I know i'm still on page 1 here but can anyone explain to me what's going on with Minnesota that we are expected to get rolled this season? I'll concede to Aaron Rodgers until we prove otherwise but while I will acknowledge the Vikings have burnt our ass up since 2014, the games have always seemed competitive.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I know i'm still on page 1 here but can anyone explain to me what's going on with Minnesota that we are expected to get rolled this season? I'll concede to Aaron Rodgers until we prove otherwise but while I will acknowledge the Vikings have burnt our ass up since 2014, the games have always seemed competitive.
Great D and Cousins > Keenum. That is what people are saying in June...…………Could be a whole different story in Jan. I could be wrong but I don't think there has been a repeat division winner in the NFC in at least the last three years, so crowning Minny's ass in June just might be a tad early.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great D and Cousins > Keenum. That is what people are saying in June...…………Could be a whole different story in Jan. I could be wrong but I don't think there has been a repeat division winner in the NFC in at least the last three years, so crowning Minny's ass in June just might be a tad early.

:dennis:

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Yeah!

Dude your Lions are getting swept. And Green bay will probably be a win home and a loss away. Willing to bet if you are?

Yeah I'll bet if we do, you gotta come mow my yard, if not I'll buy five tickets to the best movie in your local theatre!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Of course it's early. Way to ignore the breakdown analyses of the differences between Cousins and Keenum in stats and defense reading and mindset when under pressure.
oh well.

But are you honestly suggesting that your analysis of most likely North champion this season is based on a trend of 3 previous years? That you would take the "anyone-but-Minnesota" because Minnesota won last year and you think there is some kind of force in the universe out there allowing no repeat champs in the NFC North for the last 3 years and you also assume that this same force is governing the North by the same rules this season as the last 3??

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Of course it's early. Way to ignore the breakdown analyses of the differences between Cousins and Keenum in stats and defense reading and mindset when under pressure.
oh well.

But are you honestly suggesting that your analysis of most likely North champion this season is based on a trend of 3 previous years? That you would take the "anyone-but-Minnesota" because Minnesota won last year and you think there is some kind of force in the universe out there allowing no repeat champs in the NFC North for the last 3 years and you also assume that this same force is governing the North by the same rules this season as the last 3??
Apples to oranges, while you are looking at a single division I am looking at recent NFC history. Looking back to the last Chicago division championship you have had at least three new NFC teams in the playoffs every year with the exception of the of the 2014 season which appears to be the outlier. The Pack is the only team to dominate their division in that NFC timeframe. I do not assume anything about recent historical NFC data.

Cousins...……..still not a fan. He has to prove he can win big games, and beating teams with winning records. In three years as the starter in Washington I believe he has a losing division record. Bottom line is winning and he has not done it yet. It's not like he did not have some talent in Washington especially in 2015 and 2016. Take that '16 season for example two WR's over a 1,000 yards in Garcon and Jackson, while Crower was at 847 in the slot, TE's Reed/Davis combining for 110 receptions and over 1,200 yards. A solid run game with Kelly/Jones/ Thompson. Not to mention a more than solid OL led by Pro-Bowl players Scherff and Williams. More than enough talent to make the playoffs that year, and Cousins leads his team to a 8-7-1 record. There is a reason Washington let him walk.

So if you want to crown Minny's ass go for it. Some of us would like to see the games played first.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Apples to oranges, while you are looking at a single division I am looking at recent NFC history. Looking back to the last Chicago division championship you have had at least three new NFC teams in the playoffs every year with the exception of the of the 2014 season which appears to be the outlier. The Pack is the only team to dominate their division in that NFC timeframe. I do not assume anything about recent historical NFC data.

Cousins...……..still not a fan. He has to prove he can win big games, and beating teams with winning records. In three years as the starter in Washington I believe he has a losing division record. Bottom line is winning and he has not done it yet. It's not like he did not have some talent in Washington especially in 2015 and 2016. Take that '16 season for example two WR's over a 1,000 yards in Garcon and Jackson, while Crower was at 847 in the slot, TE's Reed/Davis combining for 110 receptions and over 1,200 yards. A solid run game with Kelly/Jones/ Thompson. Not to mention a more than solid OL led by Pro-Bowl players Scherff and Williams. More than enough talent to make the playoffs that year, and Cousins leads his team to a 8-7-1 record. There is a reason Washington let him walk.

So if you want to crown Minny's ass go for it. Some of us would like to see the games played first.

No one is crowning Minn's ass or any other body part. Of course we need to see games played. I am looking at talent level and pieces in Minn vs. other teams and analyzing from that basis.

You also failed to address the fact you can't look at trends and logically make a prediction on those trends. What has happened in a division or a conference in recent years tells nothing about what will happen this coming year. If you flip a coin ten times in a row and keep getting heads, you do not have a greater chance of getting heads on the eleventh flip. (Nor a greater chance of getting tails either).

In your analysis of Cousins you also neglect Cousins in WASH vs. Cousins in MINN. And you also give Cousins zero credit while lauding his receivers and run game. Because after all, (sarcasm alert) you are right, Cousins and his 4917 yards 25 TD and 12 INT coming up short in games that mattered was why Washington lost 7 games and missed the playoffs. (end sarcasm)

You see, with that logic, you are also guaranteeing yourself to be "correct" about Cousins in MINN as well. What is kinda true in all this you say is that he never has had a signature game-winning moment when it mattered. That's true and why I would imagine MINN gets bounced in playoffs again IF that stays true, but like I said, the past doesn't mean shit to what will happen (in this context).

But people keep missing the fact that he never panics, never shits the bed and put up monster numbers for a below-average team year after year after year.

I think Cousins is a victim of the syndrome of getting paid elite money for less than elite production. There is some truth in that I would not want Cousins to be paid that much by the Bears, but that is because we drafted Trubisky. Without Trubisky, I would be in favor of paying him the big $$ to come here knowing full well that people will not like him because he is only franchise material - not elite - and will resent him forever because of that.

Last edited: