DeAngelo Williams has beef with Bears

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and Jordy. #ripbearkiller

Ya, I knew aboot JN. Maybe they wanted a different QB coach to develop Kizer. Should have let Rogers keep his former (don't rock the boat) if he wanted to keep him and hire another as an assistant qb coach to work with Kizer.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Sorry, guys. As much as I would like to dance on the grave of Rodgers' winning days because this offseason looks worse than all other offseasons before for him, I can't do it.

There seems to be no derailing his mindset at all. He will strap up and come with all he's got and what he's got is fucking great. Way too premature to bury GB as long as he is healthy and playing imo.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I also don't get people being down on Minnesota. Cousins "doesn't win big games"? In Washington? No shit. That guy kept his cool and threw the hell out of the ball when his future was always up in the air and he had shit around him. Blitz him, whatever, he also has a killer mind that stays sharp no matter what D is doing unlike Keenum that shit the bed in the playoffs. I'm not saying Cousins is elite or anything, just that he is an upgrade over Keenum.

Couple that with the Viking D being great and adding Sheldon Richardson and Cook coming back ready to pick up on his OROTY pace he had last year and the Vikings look to be cream of the crop in the North imo.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also don't get people being down on Minnesota. Cousins "doesn't win big games"? In Washington? No shit. That guy kept his cool and threw the hell out of the ball when his future was always up in the air and he had shit around him. Blitz him, whatever, he also has a killer mind that stays sharp no matter what D is doing unlike Keenum that shit the bed in the playoffs. I'm not saying Cousins is elite or anything, just that he is an upgrade over Keenum.

Couple that with the Viking D being great and adding Sheldon Richardson and Cook coming back ready to pick up on his OROTY pace he had last year and the Vikings look to be cream of the crop in the North imo.

Cream of the Crop in the NFC you mean, I have them above the Eagles, but the two are close.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

was that based on contract negotiations or desire to win? It is well known in the DC area that he never wanted to be a part of the team, hence no long term contract.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Until Cousins can prove that he can win a big game he is nothing but a stat whore. I think Minny lost a lot of chemistry when they decided to move on from Keenum. On paper Cousins looks to be the better QB...……But can he really replace what Keenum brought to the table???
Cousins gets his fair share of criticism (IE: Big games), but I think you're selling him short on the Vikings roster. I personally think he will make them better than Keenum did. Means shit though. It's just a gut feeling.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
T.Brady is 40+, D.Brees is 39, Big Ben is 36 so not sure what AR being 34 has to do with if he can still throw a ball. Is J.Graham washed up or is it that he was playing on a team that loves to run the ball with not only their RB's but their QB as well? We will see but it wouldn't shock me at all if he has at least 8 TD's next year. What does the two CB's they added two years ago have to do with the two they added in this draft? The answer is absolutely nothing. They got J.Alexander who i really like and a ball hawk in J.Jackson in the 2nd round who everyone had going in the 1st round in their mocks.

I hope AR sucks balls next year, i hope J.Graham is washed up, i hope both CB's end up as busts, i hope we beat GB in both of our games and they end up sucking next year. But.............................................

I see your points and they’re all valid but there are key differences. Brady plays for one of the greatest, if not the greatest, coaches of all time. Brees took a back seat last year to the two headed monster of Kamara and Ingram last year and Big Ben has the best WR and RB 1-2 punch in the entire league. Plus none of those other QBs are coming off a major injury to their throwing shoulders. McCarthy has absolutely nothing on Belichick, the packers currently do not have a run game, and outside of AR the Packers offense is pretty pedestrian. The point is valid about Jimmy Graham but it’s also important to point out that, yes, the Seattle scheme had a lot to do with his decline in production but he also is 31 now and had a major injury in Seattle. Combine that with the fact that TEs seem to disappear in GB I don’t think he will ever come close to his glory days in New Orleans. And as far as why the two CBs they added two years ago is relevant, it’s because they seem to have trouble developing secondary talent, but time will tell with their new DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
was that based on contract negotiations or desire to win? It is well known in the DC area that he never wanted to be a part of the team, hence no long term contract.

Does it matter? He wasn't happy yet he had a job to do and he did it. We would be going nuts if Trubisky has the stats Cousins had the last few years and rightfully so. There seems to be this narrative that Cousins chokes but I don't really recall any big games that he even played in. I don't think he chokes so much as he never steps up and puts the game winning drive together either.

In Minnesota, he doesn't have to with any regularty and he never shits the bed when defenses change things up on him. Keenum did.

My point is that Minnesota is likely still top dog with their defense and running game and Cousins as an upgrade over Keenum.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it matter? He wasn't happy yet he had a job to do and he did it. We would be going nuts if Trubisky has the stats Cousins had the last few years and rightfully so. There seems to be this narrative that Cousins chokes but I don't really recall any big games that he even played in. I don't think he chokes so much as he never steps up and puts the game winning drive together either.

In Minnesota, he doesn't have to with any regularty and he never shits the bed when defenses change things up on him. Keenum did.

My point is that Minnesota is likely still top dog with their defense and running game and Cousins as an upgrade over Keenum.

Would not argue any of this.

Trying to imagine KCousins under center last winter vs Philly and if he could have got Minn a win to get to the SB, not sure Philly D was good. No doubt an upgrade over Keenum.

Be interesting if the Queens stay healthy can they get back to NFC title game, will the Eagles have that SB hangover. If the Pack stay healthy AR has a hat full of rabbits.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Sorry, guys. As much as I would like to dance on the grave of Rodgers' winning days because this offseason looks worse than all other offseasons before for him, I can't do it.

There seems to be no derailing his mindset at all. He will strap up and come with all he's got and what he's got is fucking great. Way too premature to bury GB as long as he is healthy and playing imo.

Every year people talk about how bad the Packers roster is and basically every year they still make the playoffs. People say they have no running game yet to plug in Montgomery, a WR, to RB and he goes nuts. Rodgers still has damn good WRs and now a damn good TE. With the coaching change at DC, they might be improved there - might - depends on how well their rookie CBs do. If Rodgers stays healthy, I still see them winning 10 games. I PRAY I am wrong there. I would not be opposed to seeing Rodgers carted off the field again. I hope he signs a 10 year monster guaranteed extension too.

Washington

Liked Posts:

I agree with you here too. I don't see the hate for Cousins. I think he's a huge upgrade over Keenum who I believe was a 1yr wonder. Cousins delivers year in and year out and he has never had a great team to work with.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Lion (Eddie Goldman) worries not on the opinion of the Sheep (DeAngelo Williams).

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol, because Slay can shut down Antonio brown, but Miller?

Slay won't be assigned Miller in the slot. He would be outside and handling ARob I imagine.

Kinda funny you would point to the Steelers as an example since they beat you last year and while Slay held Brown to a paltry 5 catches - 70 yards, Juju Smith-Schuster lit you guys up for 193 yards receiving and that TD. That's why signing all the weapons this offseason is so important for the Bears. I like the chances of the Bears offense against your Lions D.

You are right, Slay is a beast Corner but that only means maybe FF owners need to consider whether they have a better chance with another WR than ARob for that week, that's all.

If any FF owner drafted Miller in CHI, they might want to start him vs. the Lions considering what Juju did to you guys in the slot as Slay was outside "shutting down" Brown.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Slay won't be assigned Miller in the slot. He would be outside and handling ARob I imagine.

Kinda funny you would point to the Steelers as an example since they beat you last year and while Slay held Brown to a paltry 5 catches - 70 yards, Juju Smith-Schuster lit you guys up for 193 yards receiving and that TD. That's why signing all the weapons this offseason is so important for the Bears. I like the chances of the Bears offense against your Lions D.

You are right, Slay is a beast Corner but that only means maybe FF owners need to consider whether they have a better chance with another WR than ARob for that week, that's all.

If any FF owner drafted Miller in CHI, they might want to start him vs. the Lions considering what Juju did to you guys in the slot as Slay was outside "shutting down" Brown.

AB was covered by a helping safety a lot in that game. Which left JuJu wide open all game long

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Oops...the Lions fan got schooled about his own team yet again....

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Arob will be on IR time the Lions game rolls around though..........Juju Smith-Schuster was a beast that game, but his stat line is greatly inflated by a one play 97 yard catch and run. Lions got stuffed in the redzone 3 times for zero points in a 15-20 loss, largley do to their enemic run game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because they only run when inside the 20? So the 97 yard play doesn't count? Big plays win games. Discounting them is loser talk.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Arob will be on IR time the Lions game rolls around though..........Juju Smith-Schuster was a beast that game, but his stat line is greatly inflated by a one play 97 yard catch and run. Lions got stuffed in the redzone 3 times for zero points in a 15-20 loss, largley do to their enemic run game.

And you're basing this on what??? Because he was injured last year??? If so that's idiotic.