DeAngelo Williams has beef with Bears

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I am putting your childish banter aside, I think that there is a happy medium in your "debate". I highly doubt we go 4-2 in the division this year, but I do agree that 3-3 is possible.

I didn't start the childish banter, the butt hurt homer patrol did. Anything is "possible". But hasn't our whole discussion not centered on possible, but rather probability? The gest of the Op was some guy not wanting to give 5 reasons that the Bears will make the playoffs, but rather 5 reasons they won't. The discussion was that the biggest part of the problem is the division they are in. If any of the dopes now joining in on the conversation actually read what I said, it is that the Bears are most likely a year away.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think Cousins is going to disappoint. Vikings will be as good, if not better than last year, but people seem to be thinking that Cousins is the missing piece to the Vikings Super Bowl reign, and I just do not see Cousins being the answer.

They also get D.Cook back who if healthy is a great all around RB and added S.Richardson to an already great d-line and added M.Hughes who some saw as the best CB in the draft as well to play opposite X.Rhodes or to take the NB spot. They got much better IMO.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This doesn't bother me at all when i never thought they would make the playoffs next year and have been saying that this team still has one more off season to finish this rebuild (whatever that means). If we had a legit stud OLB to start opposite then i think we'd have a better chance but i'm good with waiting to get that done next off season when free agency and the draft are strong for pass rush. I obviously hope i'm wrong with this and we make the playoffs next season but our division is just too damn strong. We had a great off season but some seem to overlook that Minn, GB and Det also got better this off season.

This is without even talking about how our QB is still very green and we have a entire new offensive coaching staff bringing ion an entire new system and with a ton of new players on offense that all need to learn how to play with each other.

Blasphemy!! How dare you!

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I didn't start the childish banter, the butt hurt homer patrol did. Anything is "possible". But hasn't our whole discussion not centered on possible, but rather probability? The gest of the Op was some guy not wanting to give 5 reasons that the Bears will make the playoffs, but rather 5 reasons they won't. The discussion was that the biggest part of the problem is the division they are in. If any of the dopes now joining in on the conversation actually read what I said, it is that the Bears are most likely a year away.

"Banter" refers to an exchange between two or more people.... so obviously I was referring to both of your remarks, not just yours.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
All of a sudden lololol We have been building for 4 years. Now the pieces are in place both on the field and in the coaching staff and this team will rise fast. This is not your Lions where we will suck for 30 years. We sucked for a few years and made the team better with the top draft picks received. MN is the only team I think is better then us in this Div. GB by far the worst team in our div. Yes worse then the Lions. AR will hide much but the team around him is 4th best in our Div.

Ummmmmmmm huh? AR is there starting QB and he makes every other player on offense better and they added J.Graham who now has another QB that is a great passer to go with D.Adams and R.Cobb and added M.Wilkerson and two new CB's to the defense in the draft.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
LMAO, if you knew who CARLOS MONARREZ was, you would be embarrassed to post that. Patricia is losing the Lions because he is making them run a lot, okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........

You seem upset. You should write a letter to the author.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem upset. You should write a letter to the author.

I can enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...ny-things-have-break-right-bears-2018-rebound

"The point is not to a picker of nit or sayer of nay. But the fact is that a lot of the offseason moves and player development ALL need to come down in the plus-column for the Bears to be even as good as they were back in, say, 2015, when the offense had Martellus Bennett at tight end, Alshon Jeffery at wide receiver, Eddie Royal coming in at slot receiver (with 37 catches in an injury-shortened season), Kyle Long at his Pro-Bowl best, and Jay Cutler about to have the best full season of his career. And a new (proven) head coach and defensive coordinator, and an offensive coordinator with head-coaching talent."

All those things “worked” for a team that would wobble to a 6-10 year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...bears-turnaround-can-only-come-game-game-game

"But the reality is that the Bears could very well be among the most improved teams in the NFL and still finish last in the NFC North for the fifth straight year and under their third different head coach."

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018...ther-losing-season-for-chicago-bears-in-2018/

"According to ESPN.com, the Bears will have another long year ahead. While their prediction isn’t as bad as the 5-11 seasons fans have gotten used to under John Fox, it still results in more losses than wins."

Long Story short, it's on the interweb, so it must be true................

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO, if you knew who CARLOS MONARREZ was, you would be embarrassed to post that. Patricia is losing the Lions because he is making them run a lot, okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........

Still doesn't erase the fact he had the team running wind sprints or whatever type of running drills he was doing. That may be ok with some players but not so much the prima donnas, maybe not a big deal. Seems a bit extreme for a new coach in Otas though.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ummmmmmmm huh? AR is there starting QB and he makes every other player on offense better and they added J.Graham who now has another QB that is a great passer to go with D.Adams and R.Cobb and added M.Wilkerson and two new CB's to the defense in the draft.

AR is 34 and coming off his second broken collarbone and this time to his throwing shoulder. Now I’m not saying he’s going to suck all of the sudden but it’s reasonable to think maybe his production declines a little bc all he has around his is D Adams (a stud) and a washed up jimmy graham with no o line and no running game. And to reference your point about them adding 2 CBs... didn’t they do the same thing like 2 years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...ny-things-have-break-right-bears-2018-rebound

"The point is not to a picker of nit or sayer of nay. But the fact is that a lot of the offseason moves and player development ALL need to come down in the plus-column for the Bears to be even as good as they were back in, say, 2015, when the offense had Martellus Bennett at tight end, Alshon Jeffery at wide receiver, Eddie Royal coming in at slot receiver (with 37 catches in an injury-shortened season), Kyle Long at his Pro-Bowl best, and Jay Cutler about to have the best full season of his career. And a new (proven) head coach and defensive coordinator, and an offensive coordinator with head-coaching talent."

All those things “worked” for a team that would wobble to a 6-10 year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...bears-turnaround-can-only-come-game-game-game

"But the reality is that the Bears could very well be among the most improved teams in the NFL and still finish last in the NFC North for the fifth straight year and under their third different head coach."

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2018...ther-losing-season-for-chicago-bears-in-2018/

"According to ESPN.com, the Bears will have another long year ahead. While their prediction isn’t as bad as the 5-11 seasons fans have gotten used to under John Fox, it still results in more losses than wins."

Long Story short, it's on the interweb, so it must be true................

thanks

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still doesn't erase the fact he had the team running wind sprints or whatever type of running drills he was doing. That may be ok with some players but not so much the prima donnas, maybe not a big deal. Seems a bit extreme for a new coach in Otas though.

BB does the same thing........Time will tell.

edit: Do the Lions have any prima donnas?

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I think Cousins is going to disappoint. Vikings will be as good, if not better than last year, but people seem to be thinking that Cousins is the missing piece to the Vikings Super Bowl reign, and I just do not see Cousins being the answer.

I have the same feeling, they had their shot and blew it

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
AR is 34 and coming off his second broken collarbone and this time to his throwing shoulder. Now I’m not saying he’s going to suck all of the sudden but it’s reasonable to think maybe his production declines a little bc all he has around his is D Adams (a stud) and a washed up jimmy graham with no o line and no running game. And to reference your point about them adding 2 CBs... didn’t they do the same thing like 2 years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T.Brady is 40+, D.Brees is 39, Big Ben is 36 so not sure what AR being 34 has to do with if he can still throw a ball. Is J.Graham washed up or is it that he was playing on a team that loves to run the ball with not only their RB's but their QB as well? We will see but it wouldn't shock me at all if he has at least 8 TD's next year. What does the two CB's they added two years ago have to do with the two they added in this draft? The answer is absolutely nothing. They got J.Alexander who i really like and a ball hawk in J.Jackson in the 2nd round who everyone had going in the 1st round in their mocks.

I hope AR sucks balls next year, i hope J.Graham is washed up, i hope both CB's end up as busts, i hope we beat GB in both of our games and they end up sucking next year. But.............................................

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know aboot the Lions players, don't all teams?

No, I don't think so, but depends on your definition of the term I guess? When I think prima donna, I think OBJ or TO, or Dez Bryant, (drawing a blank can only think of WR's).......

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I don't think so, but depends on your definition of the term I guess? When I think prima donna, I think OBJ or TO, or Dez Bryant, (drawing a blank can only think of WR's).......

Me first...can a player hide it? Seems WRs are most common, not a lot of OL players with that mindset.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He must have seen something from some of the players to run sprints in OTAs though. Maybe punishment for choking away the POs last season...:shrug: