Demand for Josh McCown an indicator of NFL quarterback market in 2015

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
At least you're honest by admitting you don't care. Anyone who is still "on board with Jay" is very obviously attached to him emotionally. There's no rational, logical reason to be still "on board with Jay" for anyone who cares about the Bears winning.

Anyone who has argued the same point for four years on an Internet forum obviously has an obvious emotional attachment. Unless your life somehow truly depends on the success of the Bears, you may want to go easy on talking about who is logical and not.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone who has argued the same point for four years on an Internet forum obviously has an obvious emotional attachment. Unless your life somehow truly depends on the success of the Bears, you may want to go easy on talking about who is logical and not.

Posting on a message board hardly means one's life depends on it.

Not sure why you're getting so defensive. We've already established that you're more of a Cutler fan than a bears fan, so clearly I wasn't referring to you.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Posting on a message board hardly means one's life depends on it.

Not sure why you're getting so defensive. We've already established that you're more of a Cutler fan than a bears fan, so clearly I wasn't referring to you.

I tend to think those who sink to namee calling are more emotionally attached. You know like fanboy

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:shrug: can't blame me for that. I didn't leave the bandwagon until January '11. In 2009 I was arguing with Packer Fan that he would end up being better than Rodgers.

Take it from a reformed fanboy: it gets better.

So you went from one extreme to the other. No matter how much I liked Cutler, I NEVER thought he was as good as Rodgers, let alone think he would be better. THis comment of yours explains a great deal. thank you!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cutler's the guy until he's NOT the guy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you went from one extreme to the other. No matter how much I liked Cutler, I NEVER thought he was as good as Rodgers, let alone think he would be better. THis comment of yours explains a great deal. thank you!
Rodgers had only played one year at that point, and it was by far his least impressive year statistically as a full time starter. Nobody at that point knew he was going to become the best QB in football, certainly not a mong like you, so don't act like you had the foresight nobody else did.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodgers had only played one year at that point, and it was by far his least impressive year statistically as a full time starter. Nobody at that point knew he was going to become the best QB in football, certainly not a mong like you, so don't act like you had the foresight nobody else did.

Many people inlcusing myself thought Rodgers would be real good, maybe not this good, but real good. I thought it would be closer but Rodgers would be better.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Many people inlcusing myself thought Rodgers would be real good, maybe not this good, but real good. I thought it would be closer but Rodgers would be better.
Sure.

Regardless, at the time (spring/summer 09), Cutler was considered one of the names reckoned to be among the next group of top QBs, which is why two first round picks had been given up for a 26 year old talented QB coming off a pro bowl appearance. That was the general consensus at the time, and it was wrong. Don't hate just because I went through my Cutler puberty early and figured out who he was before you.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sure.

Regardless, at the time (spring/summer 09), Cutler was considered one of the names reckoned to be among the next group of top QBs, which is why two first round picks had been given up for a 26 year old talented QB coming off a pro bowl appearance. That was the general consensus at the time, and it was wrong. Don't hate just because I went through my Cutler puberty early and figured out who he was before you.

:rolleyes: I went through my rex puberty before it was cool

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure.

Like I said you wnet from one extreme to the other. You thought he was way better then he was and you think he is way worse than he is.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like I said you wnet from one extreme to the other. You thought he was way better then he was and you think he is way worse than he is.

I started off believing that he was going to be a legit franchise QB (as almost everyone did at that time), partly because of his legit physical talent and partly because I really wanted him to be as good as advertised.

I never got to the point of thinking he's worse than he is. Still don't. I still think he has above average physical tools coupled with a below average NFL head which comes out in the wash as average.

So no, not extreme positions.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was no reason to give Cutler a multi-year extension. None.

Yeah there is.

If you believed he would rise to the occasion and finally overcome the deficiencies then it was a good move as you save money on you finally-developed QB.

You say it was stupid to believe that, but its what happened. And Cutler did not rise, he fell flat. And the rest is history.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah there is.

No there isn't.

If you believed he would rise to the occasion and finally overcome the deficiencies then it was a good move as you save money on you finally-developed QB.

You say it was stupid to believe that, but its what happened. And Cutler did not rise, he fell flat. And the rest is history.

There was no reason to do a long term deal with him with the franchise tag staring you in the face(both for cheaper than what Cutler just made this last year) and the data you already had on Cutler. You had two years of the tag at least before the price jumped. The choice to sign Cutler to that deal was idiotic and there was no reason for it. Quit defending Emery's shit mindset. Statistically, financially, and logically there was zero reason to do that deal.