Derrick Rose is the Bulls problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liked Posts:
Because it shows he's not as selfish as you're making him out to be

I'm not sure it means what you think it does. I'm not sure it's apples to apples bringing up Rondo. If you're a ball dominant scoring guard, there's a different dynamic vs if you're a pass first guard. In one scenario, it's more frequent for a guard to use up more of the shot clock looking to score and in the other, it's more common place for a pass first guard to give up the ball earlier in the shot clock (since he's not looking to score). One scenario leads to more ball movement and the other has guys standing around at the three point line. In one scenario a pg might take a hit because of ball movement and in the other the ball dominant scoring PGs rate takes a hit because the quality of shot isn't there or guys miss because they're not in the flow of the offense.

Like I said, I'm not sure it means what you think it does or if you're properly evaluating its significance.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure it means what you think it does. I'm not sure it's apples to apples bringing up Rondo. If you're a ball dominant scoring guard, there's a different dynamic vs if you're a pass first guard. In one scenario, it's more frequent for a guard to use up more of the shot clock looking to score and in the other, it's more common place for a pass first guard to give up the ball earlier in the shot clock (since he's not looking to score). One scenario leads to more ball movement and the other has guys standing around at the three point line. In one scenario a pg might take a hit because of ball movement and in the other the ball dominant scoring PGs rate takes a hit because the quality of shot isn't there or guys miss because they're not in the flow of the offense.

Like I said, I'm not sure it means what you think it does or if you're properly evaluating its significance.
It measures how approximately many of his teammate's field goals he assisted on. Therefore it means exactly what I think it means. You act as if Rose pounds the ball for 23 seconds and then throws up a shot. That is simply not true. Rose passes the ball quite often. There are also many times where the offense is designed around him isolating. This does not necessarily imply selfishness just because this particular offense hasn't worked as well as it has in the past.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
People need to stop comparing Rose and LeBron. LeBron has a huge size advantage over Rose that allows him to get points inside in more ways. Rose isn't going to post anyone up and receive a pass the way LeBron can. These are easy points. Roses points come the hard way which is by taking the ball from the top of the key and making it mast every level of the defense. This is a hard way to get points in an efficient, sustainable way. The best thing Rose can probably do to buoy his FG % is push tempo. Maybe he can get a few more cheapies that way. But other than that, it's tough. LeBrons size allows him to go anywhere on the floor with or without the basketball and have a good chance of being successful. Not so much with Rose.

What do you mean? Rose has already put together games good games, it's not some shit that im guestimating COULD happen, it already has. Bulls just need a healthy roster and need to refocus. I pulled numbers and games from Dec-mid Jan because that's when bulls were most healthy and coincidentally, that's when they went 12-3 or something like that.

D Rose's stats below

Dec 2 vs Dallas - 18 pts 10 assists

Dec 12 - Portland - 31 pts 5 assists

Dec 15 - ATL 14 pts 8 assists

Dec 22 - Toronto 29 pts 3 asissts

Dec 23 - Wizards 25 pts 4 assists

Jan 5 - Houston 19 pts 9 assists

Jan 17 - ATL - 23 pts 10 assists

Jan 22 - SA - 22 pts 5 assists

Jan 23 - Dallas 20 pts 3 assists

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What do you mean? Rose has already put together games good games, it's not some shit that im guestimating COULD happen, it already has. Bulls just need a healthy roster and need to refocus. I pulled numbers and games from Dec-mid Jan because that's when bulls were most healthy and coincidentally, that's when they went 12-3 or something like that.

D Rose's stats below

Dec 2 vs Dallas - 18 pts 10 assists

Dec 12 - Portland - 31 pts 5 assists

Dec 15 - ATL 14 pts 8 assists

Dec 22 - Toronto 29 pts 3 asissts

Dec 23 - Wizards 25 pts 4 assists

Jan 5 - Houston 19 pts 9 assists

Jan 17 - ATL - 23 pts 10 assists

Jan 22 - SA - 22 pts 5 assists

Jan 23 - Dallas 20 pts 3 assists
What a selfish ball stopping ball hog

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
This thing is still going?? How have you not locked this thing already Clone? This is a epitome of beating a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.