Derrick Rose: "Thank you for trading me" "I mean, give (for giving) me another star"

AussieBear

I was a Bulls fan before JORDAN got here. Miss me with that. Bulls did him dirty, and bet the farm on Butler who will NOT live up to the hype.

Butler is roughly Rip Hamilton 2.0... Good player but hes not the truth. You dont build a franchise around a rip hamilton.. Da bullz is dumb as phuc

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Sex with midgets" was the name of a band that I used to be a part of during my highschool years.

;)
Now your gettin it...keep going.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Sex with midgets" was the name of a band that I used to be a part of during my highschool years.

I could have sworn it was smash mouth.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Butler is roughly Rip Hamilton 2.0... Good player but hes not the truth. You dont build a franchise around a rip hamilton.. Da bullz is dumb as phuc

i agree you don't build around Butler, but hes nothing like Rip Hamilton.

he more like a better overall Corey Maggette.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Ron Harper is a good Butler comparison that is right under the noses of some of us older Bulls fans.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think Ron Harper is a good Butler comparison that is right under the noses of some of us older Bulls fans.

Pre-injury Harper, maybe. Definitely not Harper when he was on the Bulls. Still think Butler is better than even prime Harper. Not by a whole lot though.

AussieBear

i agree you don't build around Butler, but hes nothing like Rip Hamilton.

he more like a better overall Corey Maggette.

im saying roughly and thats loosely based on offensive production... and im talking prime det rip.. not the rip you got in chicago to end his career.. jimmy by far is the more physical player and better defender overall... similar shooting % and scoring numbers...hes still not a guy you build around.. as a part of the puzzle sure... but as the centerpiece.. nah

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im saying roughly and thats loosely based on offensive production... and im talking prime det rip.. not the rip you got in chicago to end his career.. jimmy by far is the more physical player and better defender overall... similar shooting % and scoring numbers...hes still not a guy you build around.. as a part of the puzzle sure... but as the centerpiece.. nah

He has no comparison to Hamilton in any respect except 20 points a game players. None.

Noah is not better than Robin Lopez now or going forward.

Anyone who considers Dwight Howard in their puzzle has no eye for whats happening on a bball court (ask the last 2 teams that talked themselves into trying it)...so hopefully you were kidding.

I'm thinking stick to football brother and loosely catching the NBA experience when you can. Oh...can I come work on your farm?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pre-injury Harper, maybe. Definitely not Harper when he was on the Bulls. Still think Butler is better than even prime Harper. Not by a whole lot though.

I was just stat gathering to back up my statement, and Harper was a 20 pt per game player for eight years until he joined the Bulls. Part of that was post injury, part of it was Jordan/Pippen shots.

How much would Butler score in that role with that team? But Butler is an inch taller and has better hops, more dynamic in the air. and wasn't a 20 pt player coming into the league like harper (23.3 ppg as rookie).

I just find their demeanor similar on the court, and the way they go about defending and how they move in that respect...having good handles and versatile ways to contribute scoring.

AussieBear

He has no comparison to Hamilton in any respect except 20 points a game players. None.

Noah is not better than Robin Lopez now or going forward.

Anyone who considers Dwight Howard in their puzzle has no eye for whats happening on a bball court (ask the last 2 teams that talked themselves into trying it)...so hopefully you were kidding.

I'm thinking stick to football brother and loosely catching the NBA experience when you can. Oh...can I come work on your farm?

we didnt by a farm.... rather in a posh country suburb for a specific school for da kid instead...closing in 4 weeks....but you can still come work for me...we still have some land ill be using, not much but enough to feed the household.. im sure a joint a day will cover your expenses

d howard is d howard.... better than lopez any day of the week... ask how many dhowards teams?? chitown will be lopezs 5th team for a reason... is lopez better than a hurt noah... sure... is he just plain better than noah.. not really...

rip was a solid two......a role player.. a piece of the puzzle... that is butler in a nut shell... stick to gming the nfl brah

AussieBear

I was just stat gathering to back up my statement, and Harper was a 20 pt per game player for eight years until he joined the Bulls. Part of that was post injury, part of it was Jordan/Pippen shots.

How much would Butler score in that role with that team? But Butler is an inch taller and has better hops, more dynamic in the air. and wasn't a 20 pt player coming into the league like harper (23.3 ppg as rookie).

I just find their demeanor similar on the court, and the way they go about defending and how they move in that respect...having good handles and versatile ways to contribute scoring.

dont be a hypocrite with your comparisons...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we didnt by a farm.... rather in a posh country suburb for a specific school for da kid instead...closing in 4 weeks....but you can still come work for me...we still have some land ill be using, not much but enough to feed the household.. im sure a joint a day will cover your expenses

d howard is d howard.... better than lopez any day of the week... ask how many dhowards teams?? chitown will be lopezs 5th team for a reason... is lopez better than a hurt noah... sure... is he just plain better than noah.. not really...

rip was a solid two......a role player.. a piece of the puzzle... that is butler in a nut shell... stick to gming the nfl brah

I think Noah declined man...he never had that much athleticism and he played hard and got beat up by bigger players. I think its done, if he gets a max from Washington I'm so happy for him. Hell yeah, thats the best outcome for the man at this point we can hope for.

The game moved away from what Noah provides in the last 3 years while he battled injuries. Its over. Great Bull. A young Noah could still offer something to this league because he could run and defend, but with his offensive issues, what a point center does who can't shoot, and an aging body Noah does not provide anything to the current NBA, imo. You can't play championship efficiency with him in your lineup, not a piece of the puzzle.

I'll concede the well stated Hamilton point. Position, overall impact, and talent tier they are very similar but just go about it different, with Hamilton being a pure shooter. Hamilton had a quick release, on both his shot or his pass making him a very good team player. We are still figuring out if Butler can be both the alpha dog and the team player. The ball stops in his hands lately, whereas Hamilton would quick take the open jumper, or quick pass.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
the league didn't move away from what Noah provides

Noah's problem is he no longer provides it effectively

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the league didn't move away from what Noah provides

Noah's problem is he no longer provides it effectively

The league didn't move away from what Noah doesn't provide?

The last series of contending teams spread the floor, have 5 shooters, and are fast. Its trending heavily away from centers or haven't you heard? Noah is a great passer, but limited in his effectiveness because teams don't have to respect his shot. He's just a tall guy standing out there telegraphing passes from the point.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The league didn't move away from what Noah doesn't provide?

The last series of contending teams spread the floor, have 5 shooters, and are fast. Its trending heavily away from centers or haven't you heard? Noah is a great passer, but limited in his effectiveness because teams don't have to respect his shot. He's just a tall guy standing out there telegraphing passes from the point.

the NBA is not trending away from centers. its trending away from traditional ones who post up like Okafor/Gasol and/or don't give you much in the way of defense.

guys like prime Noah who rebound, defend and clean up misses are still highly valued. Andrew Bogut, Steven Adams, Tristan Thompson are all non-shooters...you just can't have multiple players that can't shoot is all.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know why you folks are trying to compare Butler to Hamilton and Harper. He is greatly better than Hamilton ever was and Harper was a totally different kind of player. Butler is an all time Bulls player and he is only 26 years old. You really should appreciate how good this guy really is instead of trying to belittle him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is just wrong. He is not a superstar but he is a star players and leagues better than anyone the Bulls have right not. As for "building a franchise", this bunch of losers couldn't build anything. They are not smart enough to do it and they have a cheap ass owner.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why you folks are trying to compare Butler to Hamilton and Harper. He is greatly better than Hamilton ever was and Harper was a totally different kind of player. Butler is an all time Bulls player and he is only 26 years old. You really should appreciate how good this guy really is instead of trying to belittle him.

No, he isnt. You keep saying this and he isnt. Do you not remember past 2010?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, he isnt. You keep saying this and he isnt. Do you not remember past 2010?

I am saying it because it is correct. Face it. The inventory of "great" Bulls players is pretty small and Butler is on that team. Doesn't mean he is a superstar but he is a Bulls great. And, once again, he is only 26 years old. The guy could conceivably average 25-26 points per game next season with a Rose-less team tying up the offense. Frankly, I admire guys like Butler and Gibson who did it the right way, coming out of the shittiest hell holes in the US and getting their degrees and making a great life for themselves. Too bad others aren't in the same league as those guys.

AussieBear

I think Noah declined man...he never had that much athleticism and he played hard and got beat up by bigger players. I think its done, if he gets a max from Washington I'm so happy for him. Hell yeah, thats the best outcome for the man at this point we can hope for.

The game moved away from what Noah provides in the last 3 years while he battled injuries. Its over. Great Bull. A young Noah could still offer something to this league because he could run and defend, but with his offensive issues, what a point center does who can't shoot, and an aging body Noah does not provide anything to the current NBA, imo. You can't play championship efficiency with him in your lineup, not a piece of the puzzle.

I'll concede the well stated Hamilton point. Position, overall impact, and talent tier they are very similar but just go about it different, with Hamilton being a pure shooter. Hamilton had a quick release, on both his shot or his pass making him a very good team player. We are still figuring out if Butler can be both the alpha dog and the team player. The ball stops in his hands lately, whereas Hamilton would quick take the open jumper, or quick pass.

Ah, a reasonable man willing to concede on butler being a solid two ala hamilton. We dont actually have to bicker over semantics... a ccs first..

I too shall return the favor in regards to Noah. Has he really declined?? IDK, possibly. Considering his numbers and playing time have dropped the last two years and injuries have resurfaced and hes 31... Is it fair to assume hes declining, sure. BUT ive always liked the guy.... high effort all heart players give me a chubby.. perhaps im holding out he'll return to form for 2-3 more years...

Being you are a reasonable man.... im willing to raise my offer of one joint a day to two. I will also throw in a tent and a fishing rod. U can easily set up shop in the bush next to the lake.. They stock trout and bass. so youll have plenty of food... also, dont worry its not american posh.. its not even that posh in my mind... but for the area ppl consider it that for some reason.....so noone will pull you outta da bush..