Deshaun Watson officially requests trade!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
50% of 1st round picks bust but people worried about giving 3 for a young likely HOF QB.
:jonesy:

I think people are just frusrated having to do it all the time. He's clearly worth it IMO.... I'm just tired of having to do it for Mack and Cutler and now maybe Watson. It would be especially frustrating for me with Watson because I was pounding the table for the guy before the draft. If George would just hire me the Bears wouldn't have all these problems.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I dont want Watson because the Bears wont have picks for RB and secondary depth or somethingz

The post below is why i said this. This post is as bad today as it was the other week. YIKES
I’m all in on bringing Watson to Chicago but:

How is Pace going to build a team around him?
You are bringing him to a team that has a worse offensive line.
You want to cut the best tight end on the team.
Allen and Mooney are your WR’s then it falls off big time.
Monty needs a back up.
The defense needs depth.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people are just frusrated having to do it all the time. He's clearly worth it IMO.... I'm just tired of having to do it for Mack and Cutler and now maybe Watson. It would be especially frustrating for me with Watson because I was pounding the table for the guy before the draft. If George would just hire me the Bears wouldn't have all these problems.
I get that and I wanted Mahomes. I didnt even know who Trubisky was and wasnt impressed with his tape.

But its 2021 not 2017 and the Bears have the 20th pick. They wont have a top 10 pick next year regardless of CCS opinion. So we can either whine in the past or move forward. I would just rather go for the sure thing than spend 2 firsts on Jones or something.

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
Not sure how far in the future you can trade draft picks but I'd definitely do 3 1sts and 3 2nds but build it up so that it's:

-2021 1st
-2022 2nd
-2023 1st
-2024 2nd
-2025 1st
-2026 2nd

I'd assume this might be easier on the cap for the Texans when it will eventually come down to re-signing these guys at the end of their rookie deal. Also, I'd probably offer more, franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Not sure how far in the future you can trade draft picks but I'd definitely do 3 1sts and 3 2nds but build it up so that it's:

-2021 1st
-2022 2nd
-2023 1st
-2024 2nd
-2025 1st
-2026 2nd

I'd assume this might be easier on the cap for the Texans when it will eventually come down to re-signing these guys at the end of their rookie deal. Also, I'd probably offer more, franchise QBs don't grow on trees.
you can only trade picks up until the 2023 draft. 3 years.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If deshuan watson wants to embarrass pace, what better way then requesting a trade to chi. They passed him up for a shit qb and now they will need to trade even more capital to get him. Great way to stick it to pace.
why would Watson want to embarrass the team he may be coming to?
It hurts him as well.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Its a superstar driven league. Fans will always side with the player in these situations. It'd be more stupid to cause a media shit storm by attempting to force Watson to stay and not accepting a deal. Whether its a quality deal or not. You'd be forcing your new GM & head coach to start off their new regime with all that media mess during off-season & training camp. Every press conference they'll be asked "Is Deshaun reporting to camp?" It would be smarter to cut bait, get what you can and move on.
You think fans will be happy they only got peanuts for him? Lol

Put yourself in that situation.. say watson was on the bears and he wanted out..

You would be happy they pace took any low-ball offer to move him?

Vs keeping him for another year and hoping they can make amends?

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
you can only trade picks up until the 2023 draft. 3 years.
Good info, thanks. Starting in the 3rd round every draft for 3 years will make it difficult to add talent around Watson, but I would never complain about getting the guy.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
You think fans will be happy they only got peanuts for him? Lol

Put yourself in that situation.. say watson was on the bears and he wanted out..

You would be happy they pace took any low-ball offer to move him?

Vs keeping him for another year and hoping they can make amends?

I should have clarified in my post that I meant NFL fans in general. People in general tend to side with players over ownership. However your correct, Texans fans will be pissed.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

-2021 1st
-2022 2nd
-2023 1st
-2024 2nd
-2025 1st
-2026 2nd

1st and 3rds til 2023

And see if they take Johnson CB

Rise

Liked Posts:
They should offer 3 1sts and 3 2nds for Watson and 3 3rds. I think that’s the only way to win it.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
With our lower picks it will probably take 3 - 1sts, 3 - 2nds, 3 - 3rds and at least one younger rising star type of player. Pace is really good at picking lower round players and UDFA. We will just use a few more of these for the next few years to fill out the roster.
They need to sell Watson on Chicago. Hopefully they can get permission to have a meeting with him.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The guy is not stupid. Why would he want to come to a team that was forced to trade off all avenues of improvement just to get him here? Besides, there is no fucking way he wants to play December football in the NFL North division when he can play all his home games on a better team in a warm Hard Rock Stadium.

Stafford might be the Bears only hope for an established guy.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
With Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, and soon to be Lawrence as the future of the AFC, I think he’ll request to go to an NFC team.

mecha

Liked Posts:
when did it become part of the strategy to just not draft a quarterback? there's guys drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds that are very good. what's wrong with later in the 1st?