Deshaun Watson officially requests trade!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Stephen A was on saying that the Jaguars would likely rather have the number 1 pick and Lawrence than Watson.

It really wouldn't be out of the question for a team to like Fields and even Wilson about as much as Watson. So, if you are a team sitting there in the 2-5 range, why would you give up MORE than that pick for a player when you think the QB you are going to get is just as good with an upside of Mahomes?

Therefore, these teams in the top 5 might offer that pick but if they don't offer more into 2022 and 2023, then that is where teams picking later in the 1st round of 2021 might be able to package a better deal. If you are the Texans, ask yourself what is more appealing? Getting 2021 number 2 or getting 2021 number 20 plus 2021 2nd round plus 2022 1st round plus 2023 1st round?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If deshuan watson wants to embarrass pace, what better way then requesting a trade to chi. They passed him up for a shit qb and now they will need to trade even more capital to get him. Great way to stick it to pace.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
only problem is reports have come out that he wants to go to the jets or dolphins. haven’t heard much about what he thinks of chicago
this is the biggest glimmer of hope I've had in the Bears since the end of the 2018 season, let me have this one until the trade goes through lol.

I agree tho that Chicago is probably not high on his list of teams unfortunately.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
except they have him locked up for another 5 years so no way would they take a low ball offer from just one team. The Texans can tell Watson that they are accepting the highest offer they get and Watson is free to play for whatever that team is or play for the Texans next year or sit out.

Yeah, sounds good. How'd that work out for the other pro team in Houston?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Houston: Hey Deshaun, we're trading you to the jets

Deshaun: nah fam, I want to go to chicago

Houston: Hey Ryan, we'll take that deal

That is assuming he wants to go to Chicago over Miami, SF, and Carolina.

I do not see it.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah, sounds good. How'd that work out for the other pro team in Houston?
irrelevant.. Thinking a GM will trade away a player like Watson for a low ball offer is stupid.. It will never happen they dont have to do anything if they dont want to because time in on their side.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
YOU need a link to know he doesn't want to come here? lmao How cute that you think he might want to come here. YOU need a link to see that he can veto trades? It's out there, look it up.
So no link about him saying he doesn’t want to come to Chicago?

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
irrelevant.. Thinking a GM will trade away a player like Watson for a low ball offer is stupid.. It will never happen they dont have to do anything if they dont want to because time in on their side.

Its a superstar driven league. Fans will always side with the player in these situations. It'd be more stupid to cause a media shit storm by attempting to force Watson to stay and not accepting a deal. Whether its a quality deal or not. You'd be forcing your new GM & head coach to start off their new regime with all that media mess during off-season & training camp. Every press conference they'll be asked "Is Deshaun reporting to camp?" It would be smarter to cut bait, get what you can and move on.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the ”If you give away 3 of your firsts youll have no talent” argument.

Rams say “oh rreeeeallyyyy”?