Deshaun Watson wants to be traded to Dolphins or Jets

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If a GM has located the QB he wants and the team needs, I don't care what the GM gives up for a franchise QB. I know there was a lot of rumor mongering about Pace bidding against himself with the Niners, but it's all hearsay. For two 3rds and one 4th, whatever. That ain't shit.

That said, he fucked up. Just like Angelo did with Jay. At least with Mitch we didn't lose multiple first rounders.

I am fine with being aggressive.

But when you miss the damage is twice as bad.

We lost out on 3 additional players to take Mitch.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You would rather use the 20th on Jones? Or trade 3 First rounders to move up in the draft? They are desperate and will do anything for the right QB.
Not trade 3 firsts no. Not even for Watson.

Not Jones no. I don't trust an Alabama QB in the NFL. Which takes us back to Tua. I just want impressed enough to give up #20 for him. Is Fitzpatrick included to finish games? :)

coolio

Liked Posts:
Why would he have came here in the first place? Were close to being the Texans, instead we passed him up and showed little interest in him with the same GM.

The reality is the bears are just in the worst spot in the NFL. Top 3 atleast worst spots. Not high enough to take a good QB unless trade up and next year I doubt we will be high enough next year either cause The McCaskeys won't fire Pace and Nagy no matter how bad they start or what the losing streak is, so Nagy can go on a 3-4 winning streak like he has the past 2 years. Jimmy G on this team isn't going far. Darnold and Minshew and are going nowhere. It really doesn't matter who the QB is cause this year will be a wash unless we get a franchise guy regardless.

Time to think 2022 and beyond.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Two franchises run way worse then the Bears. One of them is about to rewrite the script.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since we didn't draft or even talk to the guy...

Bears DID have a phone interview with him but didn't bring him in. After his bitching post-draft Watson Tweeted an admission that he was wrong & the Bears DID talk to him.

Of course in 2020 he forgot again and spoofed the dumbass narrative they didn't just to throw shade at not being drafted higher for whatever "rivalry" that HOU game was supposed to be. Kinda childish really. Then played worse than even Mitch for the L. ?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Bears DID have a phone interview with him but didn't bring him in. After his bitching post-draft Watson Tweeted an admission that he was wrong & the Bears DID talk to him.

Of course in 2020 he forgot again and spoofed the dumbass narrative they didn't just to throw shade at not being drafted higher for whatever "rivalry" that HOU game was supposed to be. Kinda childish really. Then played worse than even Mitch for the L. ?

Ryan Pace, John Fox and their top scouts were all present at Watson’s pro day at Clemson. This whole narrative that the Bears didn’t do their homework on him is nonsense. Fox wanted to draft Watson and Dalvin Cook. They should have made him the damn GM!

Unfortunately, Pace’s homework earned him a hard F considering the alternatives he had available on draft day.

I still don’t understand how he could rank Mitch over Mahomes after viewing his games and video. With Watson, it had to be an injury history and play style scare.

Mahomes was head and shoulders a better prospect in every aspect outside of mobility and Mahomes is adequate in that area too. In addition to that crazy arm talent and accuracy, he was lauded at Tech as a great leader and teammate. The fact his dad was a professional athlete and Mahomes knew what would be expected of him at the NFL level was also an outstanding trait.

Trubisky was the equivalent of a “smartest man in the room” moment for Pace and he was radically wrong. He’s not a terrible player and might end up on an Alex Smith trajectory but in comparison to the other two he’ll never match up.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I’m Houston I’m asking the the Dolphins for 3+18+Tua.

Then you could sell 3 for a first this year and next plus some change depending on how far the drop and Tua for a 2nd.

Right now Houston doesn’t pick until 67. They could walk out of the draft with:

12 [49ers]
18 [Dolphins]
41 [Lions from Tua]
43 [49ers]
67 [Texans]
Plus 2 1st next year.

Or keep Tua and trade down from 12 and/or 18 and acquire more help. That roster needs help everywhere and you give Tua a shot to see if he improves. If he improves great you have a new franchise QB and two firsts to continue to help fill the roster out. If he doesn’t improve you have two firsts as ammo for a trade up and since Tua sucked you probably already have a high pick.

Personally I’d go option two in these scenarios. Losing Watson absolutely sucks but you can at least use the loss as a catalyst to build for the future.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If I’m Houston I’m asking the the Dolphins for 3+18+Tua.

Then you could sell 3 for a first this year and next plus some change depending on how far the drop and Tua for a 2nd.

Right now Houston doesn’t pick until 67. They could walk out of the draft with:

12 [49ers]
18 [Dolphins]
41 [Lions from Tua]
43 [49ers]
67 [Texans]
Plus 2 1st next year.

Or keep Tua and trade down from 12 and/or 18 and acquire more help. That roster needs help everywhere and you give Tua a shot to see if he improves. If he improves great you have a new franchise QB and two firsts to continue to help fill the roster out. If he doesn’t improve you have two firsts as ammo for a trade up and since Tua sucked you probably already have a high pick.

Personally I’d go option two in these scenarios. Losing Watson absolutely sucks but you can at least use the loss as a catalyst to build for the future.

If I’m the Texans id prefer to deal him to the bears for 4 1sts and 2 seconds

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not trade 3 firsts no. Not even for Watson.

Not Jones no. I don't trust an Alabama QB in the NFL. Which takes us back to Tua. I just want impressed enough to give up #20 for him. Is Fitzpatrick included to finish games? :)
So you don't trust Alabama qbs in the NFL, yet want to trade for Tua?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
doesn't makes much sense IMO, Watson in AFC east ? Pats and Bills is gonna be contending also.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Ryan Pace, John Fox and their top scouts were all present at Watson’s pro day at Clemson. This whole narrative that the Bears didn’t do their homework on him is nonsense. Fox wanted to draft Watson and Dalvin Cook. They should have made him the damn GM!

Unfortunately, Pace’s homework earned him a hard F considering the alternatives he had available on draft day.

I still don’t understand how he could rank Mitch over Mahomes after viewing his games and video. With Watson, it had to be an injury history and play style scare.

Mahomes was head and shoulders a better prospect in every aspect outside of mobility and Mahomes is adequate in that area too. In addition to that crazy arm talent and accuracy, he was lauded at Tech as a great leader and teammate. The fact his dad was a professional athlete and Mahomes knew what would be expected of him at the NFL level was also an outstanding trait.

Trubisky was the equivalent of a “smartest man in the room” moment for Pace and he was radically wrong. He’s not a terrible player and might end up on an Alex Smith trajectory but in comparison to the other two he’ll never match up.

Hard to dismiss it as nonsense when the GM never interviewed Watson. I also disagree that drafting Trubisky is an example of "smartest man in the room" moment because Trubisky was the top rated QB that draft by many analysts.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So you don't trust Alabama qbs in the NFL, yet want to trade for Tua?

He said he wasn't impressed enough to give up #20.

I agree, but considering the shit options this team has at qb next year I'd rather have Tua for #20 than Mac Jones. Thats an easy one for me, and I don't really like Tua that much but he def has more upside than jones/trask.