CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
He said he wasn't impressed enough to give up #20.

I agree, but considering the shit options this team has at qb next year I'd rather have Tua for #20 than Mac Jones. Thats an easy one for me, and I don't really like Tua that much but he def has more upside than jones/trask.
I am not sure Tua has more upside than Mac Jones.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So you don't trust Alabama qbs in the NFL, yet want to trade for Tua?
Tua isn’t worth trading a #1 or #2 for we already know what he can do and it’s not much. Jones would only be worth using a #2 for so you can try to see what he can do. He is not a starting quarterback in the NFL at the moment and might not ever be.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He said he wasn't impressed enough to give up #20.

I agree, but considering the shit options this team has at qb next year I'd rather have Tua for #20 than Mac Jones. Thats an easy one for me, and I don't really like Tua that much but he def has more upside than jones/trask.
Why do you always want to give away a #1 for a quarterback a team doesn’t want?
You do realize they don’t want them for a reason.....and it’s not the same with Watson who wants to leave.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tua isn’t worth trading a #1 or #2 for we already know what he can do and it’s not much. Jones would only be worth using a #2 for so you can try to see what he can do. He is not a starting quarterback in the NFL at the moment and might not ever be.
Agreed!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hard to dismiss it as nonsense when the GM never interviewed Watson. I also disagree that drafting Trubisky is an example of "smartest man in the room" moment because Trubisky was the top rated QB that draft by many analysts.

It is nonsense because it simply isn’t true.

“Pace and members of his scouting staff did attend Watson’s pro day at Clemson — and they did speak on the phone with him — but chose not to have a private dinner like they did with Trubisky and Mahomes.”

Deshaun Watson says Bears never met with him prior to 2017 NFL draft

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you don't trust Alabama qbs in the NFL, yet want to trade for Tua?
Not very good at reading comprehension? Clearly says I don't want Tua....

EDIT: looks like it was cleared up :)

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It is nonsense because it simply isn’t true.

“Pace and members of his scouting staff did attend Watson’s pro day at Clemson — and they did speak on the phone with him — but chose not to have a private dinner like they did with Trubisky and Mahomes.”

Deshaun Watson says Bears never met with him prior to 2017 NFL draft

Fair enough. But I guess it depends on whom you believe. Watson originally said the Bears called him. But his agent claims this is not true. He said Watson made that claim because players are "instructed to leverage the media so that teams feel that there is more competition in the market place than there actually is." Whether you believe this explanation or not, I think reasonable people ought be able to agree that the Bears should have done an in-person interview.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Fair enough. But I guess it depends on whom you believe. Watson originally said the Bears called him. But his agent claims this is not true. He said Watson made that claim because players are "instructed to leverage the media so that teams feel that there is more competition in the market place than there actually is." Whether you believe this explanation or not, I think reasonable people ought be able to agree that the Bears should have done an in-person interview.

They were all at his pro day. They probably saw all of his games on video. They did speak to him.

You don’t need to have dinner with him to make an evaluation. Everyone knew he was supposed to be a great guy. Fox wanted him and Pace didn’t. It’s too bad but they did their homework.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
They were all at his pro day. They probably saw all of his games on video. They did speak to him.

You don’t need to have dinner with him to make an evaluation. Everyone knew he was supposed to be a great guy. Fox wanted him and Pace didn’t. It’s too bad but they did their homework.

Certainly doesn't have to be a dinner. But definitely should have done a formal in-person interview. No reason not to. Also, interviews are not only conducted to evaluate whether or not someone is a "great guy."

Last edited:

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Oh well. It was fun dreaming about it. Pace couldn't evaluate and now cant convince him to waive his ntc. The way i see it, he struck out twice with watson.
Not just that, but Nagy “coaching” him up too? It would be a disaster.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Certainly doesn't have to be a dinner. But definitely should have done a formal in-person interview. No reason not to. Also, interviews are not only conducted to evaluate whether or not someone is a "great guy."

Good lord, they spoke with him. Pace obviously didn’t think he was the guy or maybe they flagged his medical history. They did their due diligence.