Did Jimmy Ruin The Season When He Publicly Called Out Hoiberg?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy has doubled down on his wish to be the Point Guard of this team

:obama:

he wants to be LeBron James with half the talent...nah

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ehhhhhhh....not that I don't necessarily believe this, I just wish it came from someone other than Chris Broussard. Makes it much more believable.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Ehhhhhhh....not that I don't necessarily believe this, I just wish it came from someone other than Chris Broussard. Makes it much more believable.

This is also a very good point. Whenever he starts talking about "his sources" I tune him out.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
TBH, I think Jimmy has run the point better than Derrick this year. The only problem is he doesn't get out and run or push the ball like Fred wants. That is a problem for sure, but his overall effectiveness running the point has been better than Rose, IMO.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TBH, I think Jimmy has run the point better than Derrick this year. The only problem is he doesn't get out and run or push the ball like Fred wants. That is a problem for sure, but his overall effectiveness running the point has been better than Rose, IMO.
You mean like assist numbers? Or in general? I feel like when Jimmy runs point it's really slow and takes a long time to get a shot off which usually isn't the case with Rose. However, Butler seems to generate double the assists so I'm not sure what the deal is. I think Rose tends to generate more secondary assists, but in either case I don't think they've been particularly great this year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's because Jimmy wants to slow down the pace. No other reason for it.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I read that there is a starter that is particularly irked by this...and I'd bet 10 racks it's Gasol.

I was thinking Gasol at first but then they mentioned something like "we remember when you were averaging 2ppg," so maybe somebody who has been on the team since Jimmy was drafted

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was thinking Gasol at first but then they mentioned something like "we remember when you were averaging 2ppg," so maybe somebody who has been on the team since Jimmy was drafted
That would mean Taj or Noah.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

thats an add from the score not a direct quote from the player

im thinking it was Doneleavy

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You mean like assist numbers? Or in general? I feel like when Jimmy runs point it's really slow and takes a long time to get a shot off which usually isn't the case with Rose. However, Butler seems to generate double the assists so I'm not sure what the deal is. I think Rose tends to generate more secondary assists, but in either case I don't think they've been particularly great this year.

I agree with the bolded. That's a good way of putting it. I think overall, Jimmy is more patient and reads defenses better. He does have a habit of playing too slow though. Either way, the fact that this is even an argument says a lot about our PG play this year. Less than 5 assists from your starting PG is not good. Jimmy, while handling the ball much less averaged exactly the same APG at 4.7. It just seems like we play better when Jimmy plays without Rose and handles the ball more. Whereas, when Rose played without Jimmy and had his best stretch statistically, we had a losing record I believe.