Did Jimmy Ruin The Season When He Publicly Called Out Hoiberg?

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Just to let it be known ... Rose is not going anywhere.

Jimmy on the other hand ...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pax says no one is untouchable. If someone made a favorable offer for Rose, he could be traded. I don't think he has a lot of interest around the league though.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with your assessment of Butler, but I see it as trying to have it both ways....when has Derrick Rose ever been a leader? What leadership did Joakim Noah display this year? What examples of "lead through their actions" can you cite from this year with Rose, Noah, Paxson himself? The Bulls never really gave Butler the mantle of leadership....they then criticized Butler for his lack of leadership. The Bulls say that leaders lead through actions....yet Rose was terrible (and a prima donna) and Noah didn't play.

Paxson criticized Butler's leadership at a hastily-arranged press conference that was in itself one of the greatest acts of PR cowardice ever seen. Am I the only one seeing the double standard here?

Jimmy is in the driver seat to be the leader so i don't know what you mean he wasn't given it...hes just doesn't know how to drive...ignoring your coach and teammates is not leadership

really im starting to think Jimmy's plan all along was force his dictatorship on the Bulls or force his way out when he signed that deal last offseason....theres just too much smoke about him this season...its like hes begging to be traded

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
the sad part is after the MVP year Rose was looking really improved that next year on his overall game before injuries started...he was looking to pass more and his 3 point shot was hitting.....the injuries pretty much regressed his growth

In Chicago sports parlance, DR is this era's Mark Prior/Kerry Wood.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Jimmy is in the driver seat to be the leader so i don't know what you mean he wasn't given it...hes just doesn't know how to drive...ignoring your coach and teammates is not leadership

really im starting to think Jimmy's plan all along was force his dictatorship on the Bulls or force his way out when he signed that deal last offseason....theres just too much smoke about him this season...its like hes begging to be traded

I'm not sure about this but I wouldn't rule it out. The thing is, we could trade him anywhere....to some crappy franchise and situation. He would have no control...so it's one of those things, be careful what you wish for.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
Pax says no one is untouchable. If someone made a favorable offer for Rose, he could be traded. I don't think he has a lot of interest around the league though.

I'm trying to educate you. Pax said a lot of shit that he didn't mean at that press conference.

When it all shakes out, JR and Pax both have a ton of respect for Rose and what he's fought through to make it back from 3 major knee surgeries. They also saw enough of him this season to believe he will be on an all star level next season.

They know that they have a beloved hometown hero and also one of the most popular players in the entire NBA (#5 selling jersey). They have no intention of losing him.

I think some of you guys believe the handful of usernames on some message boards are a reflection of the general public, but you're wrong. Derrick Rose still receives plenty of love in Chicago and across the world. A few bitter people typing nonsense means absolutely nothing ... LOL

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I'm trying to educate you. Pax said a lot of shit that he didn't mean at that press conference.

When it all shakes out, JR and Pax both have a ton of respect for Rose and what he's fought through to make it back from 3 major knee surgeries. They also saw enough of him this season to believe he will be on an all star level next season.

They know that they have a beloved hometown hero and also one of the most popular players in the entire NBA (#5 selling jersey). They have no intention of losing him.

I think some of you guys believe the handful of usernames on some message boards are a reflection of the general public, but you're wrong. Derrick Rose still receives plenty of love in Chicago and across the world. A few bitter people typing nonsense means absolutely nothing ... LOL

Thanks for the education, Gale. Truly grateful for the inside info into the thought process of Gar and Pax. How long have you been working for the team?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
LOL, nobody is trading for Derrick Rose. Nobody is going to give Rose the money he thinks he'll get.

That's what Pax knows.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
LOL, nobody is trading for Derrick Rose. Nobody is going to give Rose the money he thinks he'll get.

That's what Pax knows.

No. It's far more likely that Pax won't trade Rose because they respect him having 3 surgeries, he sells jersey's, and they think he's going to be an all-star again because well...miracles can happen. Those are the things that matter!

Funny how Gale can't even accept that trading Rose is a possibility if we got a good offer....which we won't. Rose will be back next year, but it won't be due to the Bulls turning down good offers for him. It's going to be because no one wants to pay him for the production he'll give, the games he'll miss, and the injury risk he brings.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In Chicago sports parlance, DR is this era's Mark Prior/Kerry Wood.
Except I don't think Prior and Wood combined get as much crap as Rose does. However 10 Derrick Roses probably don't have half the brain of one of those two so...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I mean that on any other NBA team its perfunctory that Butler is the team leader. There would be no question. Butler would even trump Fred Hoiberg in terms of leading the team.

But the Bulls are a messed up organization. Derrick Rose has a different set of rules, and his play does not warrant special treatment. Joakim Noah still thinks he is the 'voice of the team', even though he doesn't play. George Karl lost a power struggle with DeMarcus Cousins and was out 1 year into a 4 year contract...and Karl has actually won games at the NBA level. Fred Hoiberg won a power struggle with Butler, and he's one of the worst coaches in the NBA.

George Karl asked for it first of all by trying to throw DMC under the bus and trying to get him traded

Hoiberg had just stepped in and even tried to accommodate Jimmy with more isolation plays and Jimmy took his legs out from under him before he even got his footing

the problem i have with Jimmy is not even his message its his way of going about..a few of the major things that bug me about Jimmy this season that i don't think were very leader-like

-not wanting to buy into the offense and asking a coach that preaches ball movement for more isolation plays
-calling out that same coach and subtly the players at the most inopportune time...coming fresh off a 4 overtime game
-isolating teammates
-not speaking up when its time to do so (Noah had to get on him for being quiet at the team meeting)

Jimmy also quit on the team against Memphis when they were still in the playoff hunt and even owned up to doing so...thats not what leaders do and although i give him props for owning up to it, it still looks bad for him

"I don’t feel like I did my job on either side of the floor tonight," Butler conceded. "I didn’t make shots, I didn’t get other guys involved, I didn’t guard anybody. It’s easy to follow suit whenever I don’t do it. I took myself out of the game. I don’t know why. It’s disappointing; I’m disappointed in myself because I know that I’m too good a player for that."

Axl, your posting simply ignored the end-of-year Paxson press conference debacle. How? How can you criticize Butler for "lack of leadership" and not recognize the leadership vacuum that currently is sucking the life out of the Bulls organization? Similar to how Thibodeaux was a 'scapegoat' last year, Butler is this year's scapegoat. With the irony being that those two individuals are the main reason for the Bulls' recent success. Good luck trying to field a competitive team around the collective idiocy of Rose, Noah, Hoiberg, and GarPax.

what am i supposed to say? Fire GarPax? okay Fire GarPax....unfortunately that will get nothing done and i don't think it has much to do with the bad way Jimmy is going about leading

unless your argument is basically the team is a circus so who gives a damn if Jimmy acts like a clown? well i guess you have a point but man theres a long road of dysfunction ahead

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Lol...oh my goodness. Its like you've been comatose for three years. You seem delusional.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He's an awful, awful poster.

Basketball stupid.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Gale's the worst. I hope he's still a kid

He's good in the walking dead thread though...just is the biggest Rose homer in the universe and lets it completely cloud any objective basketball discussion.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
^^^^^Troll usernames laying out bait again ... LOL.

Weeks before Hoiberg said that Jimmy's outburst ruined the season, I created this thread that predicted it. Here we are 120 posts later in a very successful thread.

Basketball stupid is the troll username that disliked me on the first page saying this was a dumb thread ... LOL

Whenever you attempt to bait me with your weak trolling, I flip it to make you look like idiots just like in the Paxson/Gar thread ...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...s-job-isn-t-in-jeopardy?p=2459078#post2459078

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
^^^^^Troll usernames laying out bait again ... LOL.

Weeks before Hoiberg said that Jimmy's outburst ruined the season, I created this thread that predicted it. Here we are 120 posts later in a very successful thread.

Basketball stupid is the troll username that disliked me on the first page saying this was a dumb thread ... LOL

Whenever you attempt to bait me with your weak trolling, I flip it to make you look like idiots just like in the Paxson/Gar thread ...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...s-job-isn-t-in-jeopardy?p=2459078#post2459078

You are working WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard bruh...to prove absolutely nothing. If you say something god awful stupid, the assumption is that's how you feel. Don't know why you'd post otherwise.

And it would take more than Butler's statement to ruin the damn season....

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
I take Butler's supposed better pg play with a grain of salt because Rose plays truer to Fred's offense.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
At this point, its almost too late to fire GarPax to salvage anything. Thibodeaux is already gone. Butler will be gone. I'd rather have Thibs/Butler going into next season than GarPax, if I had to choose an option. The only benefit to firing GarPax now is that perhaps it will lessen the likelihood of Gasol/Noah/Rose returning to the team...more of a clean sheet.

My argument IS the team is a circus so Jimmy's behavior cannot be singled out. In some ways, if Jimmy was a real leader, he would have led a team revolt last year when Gar got rid of Ron Adams, led another team revolt when Gar got rid of Thibodeaux, and led another team revolt when Fred Hoiberg was hired. That's a terrible string of events. It would be like Jerry Krause getting rid of Johnny Bach, getting rid of Phil Jackson, and bringing in Tim Floyd. \

Oh wait....

its Thibodeau (no X)

sorry but the constant misspelling was irking me :lol: