Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You do realize Jones is in a totally different than what Fields is in with the Bears??
Yes-No??
yes but by this logic we can never compare any 2 players then right? I mean EVERY player is in a totally different situation..

Ok Yes is your answer.

Next. Does Jones have a much better support system than Fields has with the Bears??
Yes-No??

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
and even with all of those mistakes it does not even come close to the bad level that Mitch did as a rookie.. its not even close.
You’re staring at stats only, tells me you have no clue what is going on

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Your trying to compare a QB from 23 years ago with the rules back then to now? just stop

Also I said that good QBs have good stats in response to you saying "No one evaluates QBs just based on hard stats." (and then you went into hypothetical stats to evaluate Fields lol)

The point that you are failing with comparing Manning (other then the rules are now more pro offense) is that yes Manning didnt have good stats his rookie year due to his INT.. BUT he showed that he had promise due to his TD, yards, completion% etc.. Rookies generally dont have great stats but there is some great stats mixed in with the bad that shows something is there to build off of

Fields has nothing to counter his bad INT stat.. its ALL, marginal, bad and horrible. there is nothing in Fields stats that shows anything close to what Manning showed.. again just stop.. lets compare him to a more recent QB in a very similar situation that is also in todays NFL.. someone like Mitch Trubisky?

When the bar is set at Mitch Trubisky rookie year, a VERY VERY VERY low bar.. and he has failed to even live up to that? Thats a problem.. a big problem.

You want to say that you think he will get better and blow away Mitch then thats great. I hope your right.. but thats another discussion. What I'm talking about is reality and sorry but the reality is Jones is the better QB (RIGHT NOW) as is comparing rookie Mitch to Fields right now..

So with the info we have (RIGHT NOW) it shows that pace made the wrong pic.. and should be fired (RIGHT NOW)

Lol you claimed something objectively false. Manning did not have good stats. I also mentioned Brees and Allen.

Also threw more Ints than TDs and his passer rating is the same as Fields. This is literally just a few years ago and now he is one of the best QBs in the NFL. So again your premise is false.

As for your other claims. Again Fields leads the NFL in air yards per attempt. That is not hypothetical. That is real as it can in fact be measured objectively. He also is top 5 in BTT. Whether you accept it is irrelevant. The topic isnt what stats you accept but what stats counter his Int rate. So I told you the stats that I and the NFL teams that buy PFF data would look at as part of the evaluation. No one is going to just limit their analysis to the stats you like especially when your ability to judge QBs is suspect.

You hung onto the belief Trubiksy was good long after I told you he sucked based in part on these same stats you whining about. When Fields improves you will pretend it came out of nowhere and I will remind you that no it did not as I told you the stats that were indicative of his potential. You just refused to listen just like you refused to listen on Trubisky. You suck judging QBs. Sorry.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
threads about pace should be fired are stupid? Didnt think anyone was on the pace bandwagon still but ok..

yes but by this logic we can never compare any 2 players then right? I mean EVERY player is in a totally different situation..

I realize you have "other orders to take" lol. But be sure to come back to this question>>>#222 ? :)

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Ok Yes is your answer.

Next. Does Jones have a much better support system than Fields has with the Bears??
Yes-No??
Sure.. if your saying we can't compare the QB due to there being too big of a support system difference. Then let's compare Fields to Mitch.. similar situation same team..

Mitch was not good enough.. and Fields playing worse.. now what argument do you have?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Lol you claimed something objectively false. Manning did not have good stats. I also mentioned Brees and Allen.

Also threw more Ints than TDs and his passer rating is the same as Fields. This is literally just a few years ago and now he is one of the best QBs in the NFL. So again your premise is false.

As for your other claims. Again Fields leads the NFL in air yards per attempt. That is not hypothetical. That is real as it can in fact be measured objectively. He also is top 5 in BTT. Whether you accept it is irrelevant. The topic isnt what stats you accept but what stats counter his Int rate. So I told you the stats that I and the NFL teams that buy PFF data would look at as part of the evaluation. No one is going to just limit their analysis to the stats you like especially when your ability to judge QBs is suspect.

You hung onto the belief Trubiksy was good long after I told you he sucked based in part on these same stats you whining about. When Fields improves you will pretend it came out of nowhere and I will remind you that no it did not as I told you the stats that were indicative of his potential. You just refused to listen just like you refused to listen on Trubisky. You suck judging QBs. Sorry.
Stop with trying to vortex.. I said good QBs have good stats.. full stop

You pointing to when Manning was a rookie and wasn't a good QB yet is not an argument for anything

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stop with trying to vortex.. I said good QBs have good stats.. full stop

You pointing to when Manning was a rookie and wasn't a good QB yet is not an argument for anything
Yes and as Fields is a rookie I noted that great QBs dont necessarily have great stats as a rookie. You tried to pretend they still do and now when proven false you now want to pretend you werent trying to argue guys like Manning or Allen had good stats as a rookie.

Josh Allen's traditional stats were not good as a rookie. It is ok to admit you oversold things.

As an aside, what would you say makes you a good judge of QBs? Can you produce any previous evaluations of QBs that turned out accurate?

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You’re staring at stats only, tells me you have no clue what is going on
A QB that is just shy of a 100QBR twice as many TD, much higher comp% higher average is doing worse then what Mitch did as a rookie? Lol

Ok nice argument.. care to try and back that up with anything? Didn't think there was any Mitch homers left here.. but wow..

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t trade any of the rookie QBs from 2021 for Fields. Not even TL

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A QB that is just shy of a 100QBR twice as many TD, much higher comp% higher average is doing worse then what Mitch did as a rookie? Lol

Ok nice argument.. care to try and back that up with anything? Didn't think there was any Mitch homers left here.. but wow..
The fuck are you talking about? I NEVER liked Mitch. In all honesty this seems like projection because I know you were on his nuts for quite some time however.

Im saying that while Jones deserves credit for being able to read defenses and be safe he isn’t asked to do much and is on a team with top talent. All Jones is being asked is to be better than Newton was last year and that bar is so low it might as well be buried under ground.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Josh Allen had over twice as many TD as Fields does.. and also ran in another 8.. if Fields can put up another 12 TD either running or throwing with only a few more INT then I would be happy with that.. you think he has another 12 TD in him?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Josh Allen had over twice as many TD as Fields does.. and also ran in another 8.. if Fields can put up another 12 TD either running or throwing with only a few more INT then I would be happy with that.. you think he has another 12 TD in him?

You realize Josh Allen had 320 pass attempts while Fields has 198?

What does Allen having a 67.9 passer rating vs 69 for Fields tell you? Are those passer ratings comparable? Is passer rating not a recognized stat to compare QBs?

As an aside, what would you say makes you a good judge of QBs? Can you produce any previous evaluations of QBs that turned out accurate?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The fuck are you talking about? I NEVER liked Mitch. In all honesty this seems like projection because I know you were on his nuts for quite some time however.
Your the one who said that Mitch had a better rookie year then Jones.. that is absurd.. so I assumed you where just a Mitch homer..

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Nah.

Belichick has always been fantastic at spotlighting his players' strengths while hiding their deficiencies.

The Bears are still trying to figure out how this whole "forward pass" thing works.
I don’t know if I should laugh or cry…..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You realize Josh Allen had 320 pass attempts while Fields has 198?

What does Allen having a 67.9 passer rating vs 69 for Fields tell you? Are those passer ratings comparable? Is passer rating not a recognized stat to compare QBs?

you realize that the lower pass attempts makes his INT worse right?

you dodged the question.. you think Fields can put up another 12 TD this year yes or no?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

you dodged the question.. you think Fields can put up another 12 TD this year yes or no?
Will the team change?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

And yet his passer rating is higher. Again do you understand what a higher passer rating means? Does passer rating not take TDs and Ints into account so why is Fields passer rating still higher?

Sorry I asked this question first so when you answer my question I will answer yours. Here it is again from post 228.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Let me clear up the problem with Fields with one word, NAGY!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
And yet his passer rating is higher. Again do you understand what a higher passer rating means? Does passer rating not take TDs and Ints into account so why is Fields passer rating still higher?

Sorry I asked this question first so when you answer my question I will answer yours. Here it is again from post 228.

his completion % was lower which hurts your rating.. again your trying to make a comparison to a QB that had 18 TD that year.. yes there is going to be rookie mistakes as they try and get used to the speed of the game.. thats normal.. but there is always something that shows that they might be something special as well.. like 26TD for Manning.. or 18 for Allen.. but we are talking about 6TD total for fields! that is bad no way to slice it..

so if your going to dodge the question about Fields putting up another 12 TD.. how about this question..

Do you think its unreasonable to expect Fields to play better then Mitch in his rookie year yes or no?