Did Pace pick the wrong QB again?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Mitch had 9 tds his rookies season, so far Fields has 6, with multiple games left. What’s the issue? What were you expecting from him this year?
for me to give Pace the benefit of the doubt he needs to be much better then Mitch.. Thats a pretty low bar that he needs to surpass.. so yeah maybe if he puts up a few more TD then he could be on par with the guy that wasnt good enough.. great..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Well, shitstain made a thread about what people expect back in like july

Clearly people were hit in the head because they assumed he would come out here and set bears passing records as a rookie.

Makes perfect sense.
being better then rookie Mitch is setting records now? lol ok

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I wish we could see how Tom Brady did on our current team just to see that baseline.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I wish we could see how Tom Brady did on our current team just to see that baseline.
I could guarantee you we would see a legit offense. Brady would have made our offensive weapons even better. He also would have been calling his own plays at the LOS.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I could guarantee you we would see a legit offense. Brady would have made our offensive weapons even better. He also would have been calling his own plays at the LOS.
Yes of course but how much so is the question. I think we have ample reason to question whether or not Mac would look all that good here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy I'm not asking anyone to accept my opinion at all. I really dont give a shit if you agree with me or not. I'm putting my opinion out there and you can, agree, disagree, hate it, love it, debate it or ignore it .. again I dont care.

If you want to debate it then go for it.. but im not interested in your ad hominem, and strawman arguments here..

I never said that the QB rating system is terrible. I never said to ignore the Qb rating system.. I said that Fields and Allens Qb ratings where terrible.. when your QB rating is in the high 60s that sucks.. simple as that..

I did say that you need to look at the player as a whole and not just the QB rating.. like taking into consideration rushing yards and TD because they are NOT represented in the passer rating, but thats still offensive production

I also said that even though Allen's rating sucked the fact that he also had 18 TD for the year gives you hope that he could develop into something.. (and he did) Fields only has 6..

IS 18 TD better then 6Td?

Do you think Fields will put up another 12TD this year?

Do you think its unreasonable to expect that Fields plays better then Mitch?

Is it really an extreme position to side on that pace probably missed again with the evaluation of the QB with a list like this?
Brian Hoyer
Matt Barkley
Mike Glennon
Mitch Trubisky
Chase Daniel
Nick Foles
Tylor Bray
Andy Dalton

and passed up on Watson and Mahomes and again passed up on Jones (who right now is playing at a pretty good level)

Listen I was in the same boat as you.. hopeful that even though Pace is QB Special person that somehow he lucked into getting the correct QB.. the problem is that QB has played pretty bad.. If Fields was playing pretty good then this thread would not be here.. If Fields was drafted by another GM this thread would not be here.

Its not my lack of faith in Fields.. Its my lack of faith in Pace.. it has been years of failed QBs under Pace and right now history seems to be repeating itself

I am not relying on Pace. I am relying on my own QB evaluation which I was right about Trubisky and all those other Pace QBs that sucked and feel confident that I will be right about Fields based on the data I have looked at and his traits.

I was high on Fields before Pace drafted him and predicted the trade to get him.

But I think we have discovered the disconnect. Your QB evaluation skills suck so you are judging Fields based in part on the fact Pace has failed in the past which ironically is a form of ad hominem attack. You are using his past failures against him just as I am using your past failure on Trubisky against you.

My argument is neither you or Pace know what the fuck you are doing when it comes to evaluating QBs but in this case Pace is the blind squirrel that found the nut while you are the blind squirrel that died of hunger.

Fields has struggled but the data that speaks to his untapped talent is there if you know what to look for. I have entire review threads criticizing Fields taking too long to throw and taking unnecessary sacks. Unlike Trubisky though, I can see the makings of a franchise QB.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes of course but how much so is the question. I think we have ample reason to question whether or not Mac would look all that good here.
I think he would make the offense a top 15 unit. As far as the team, probably be one of the lower playoff seeds, or still fighting for it.

I don’t think Mac would look with the Bears at all. He has looked good so far because he has been put in a perfect situation.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I am not relying on Pace. I am relying on my own QB evaluation which I was right about Trubisky and all those other Pace QBs that sucked and feel confident that I will be right about Fields based on the data I have looked at and his traits.

I was high on Fields before Pace drafted him and predicted the trade to get him.

But I think we have discovered the disconnect. Your QB evaluation skills suck so you are judging Fields based in part on the fact Pace has failed in the past which ironically is a form of ad hominem attack. You are using his past failures against him just as I am using your past failure on Trubisky against you.

My argument is neither you or Pace know what the fuck you are doing when it comes to evaluating QBs but in this case Pace is the blind squirrel that found the nut while you are the blind squirrel that died of hunger.

Fields has struggled but the data that speaks to his untapped talent is there if you know what to look for. I have entire review threads criticizing Fields taking too long to throw and taking unnecessary sacks. Unlike Trubisky though, I can see the makings of a franchise QB.

So I'm somehow supposed to be reassured that you and Pace are on the same page here?

here is your "QB" evaluation in 2019 with Mitch..

"5. The Mitch factor - I am glad people saw the truth about Mitch which is that he still has a long ways to go. I think ultimately he will be fine over the course of the season just like last year but he too seemed to be starting to believe all the hype by irrational Bears, More importantly Nagy seemed to be believing too as how else do you explain throwing 45 times in a 10-3 game. This game is wake up call that Mitch needs to be managed because he is more Dak Prescott than he is Pat Mahommes right now."

yeah thats some great QB evaluation right there sport.. Dak Prescott lol

Now I will give you credit that a few weeks after this you seemed to be done with him.. but then so was I and most others.. I gave up on Mitch early in 2019 just like you and a bunch of other posters..

Point being Remy is stick with debating my point and give up on the ad hominem..

Now do you want to actually answer my questions?

Is expecting Fields to be better then Mitch asking to much?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Is this just another Nail in the "fire Pace" coffin? The 2 Qbs that where on the Board when the Bears moved up was Fields and Mac Jones.

Justin Fields
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021Chicago Bears75751318166.2262217961.8341404.1162

Mac Jones
SEASONTEAMGGSCOMPATTYDSAVGTDINTSCKSCKYRATEATTYDSAVGTDFUMLOST
2021New England Patriots7717424717797.2961411192.813453.5031

At this point it seems like Jones was the better option, granted it could turn out that after a few years Fields is the better QB but if the Bears are evaluation both Pace and Nagy this year then all they have to go off is this years QB numbers. And so far it looks like Pace picked the wrong QB again

There is nothing wrong with Fields the issue is with Pace and everyone else who keeps over rating the coaching and team and then blaming the qb .

The fact that you are essentially saying that the

the Bears and Patriots have equal coaching and that the difference between the 4-8 Bears and the 9-4 Patriots are the rookie qbs

:what:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not getting your argument @dbldrew . Are you punishing Fields because of Pace? Are you upset with him because he hasn’t gotten 7TDs yet? What do you consider better than Mitch?

So far Fields is more accurate, stronger arm, actually goes to his second read, more athletic and a better leader but I have no clue what the hell you are seeing. Even shit GMs get lucky.

So tell us, What is better than Mitch? Why are you taking Pace’s failures out on Fields?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
yeah thats some great QB evaluation right there sport.. Dak Prescott lol
You think you're being funny here but Dak Prescott week 1 of 2019 was nowhere near the proven talent that he is today. If you're going to dig up posts from years ago, at least understand what those players and teams were doing at the time.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I’m not getting your argument @dbldrew . Are you punishing Fields because of Pace? Are you upset with him because he hasn’t gotten 7TDs yet? What do you consider better than Mitch?

So far Fields is more accurate, stronger arm, actually goes to his second read, more athletic and a better leader but I have no clue what the hell you are seeing. Even shit GMs get lucky.

So tell us, What is better than Mitch? Why are you taking Pace’s failures out on Fields?
I dont think he knows his argument. He mentioned Peytons bad numbers were his rookie year as if he doesn't realize this is fields rookie year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't even know how you can even attempt to grade Fields based on this clown show of a coaching staff and their negative influence on the team. and love it or hate it, him and Trubisky are apples and oranges. it's ironic that Fox's offense in 2017 with Trubisky throwing 10 total passes a game had more balls than this pussy shit they've been trotting out since 2019.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You think you're being funny here but Dak Prescott week 1 of 2019 was nowhere near the proven talent that he is today. If you're going to dig up posts from years ago, at least understand what those players and teams were doing at the time.
Yeah sorry but remy was literally bragging about his QB evaluation skills and when he was saying that Mitch was like Prescott then it kind of ruins his whole argument.. It doesnt matter what week 1 Prescott was in 2019, this thread is, at least in part the future of what Fields can turn into. and Remys predictions of what QBs can turn into in regards to both Mitch and Prescott is laughably bad.. Yet he is here bragging about his skills in this department..

which by the way I told him several times I had no interest in debating that in the first place.. I was fine debating my point, but bringing in his ridiculous ad hominem i wanted no part in.. he kept at it and now looks the fool because of it.

The funny thing was I was not looking for anything that he posted in the past.. he accused me of being a Mitch nut hugger and I was looking for my own posts back in 2019 on when I started posting about giving up on him... I knew it was only a few games into 2019 season that I was done with him so I was looking for any threads that I posted in the early part of the 2019 season.. I just luckily found that one and literally laughed out loud and posted it..

Now everybody will say stupid things.. I'm sure he is looking non stop trying to find something stupid that I have said in the past as well.. But the point is im not bragging about my QB evaluation skills while demanding others credentials.. thats his argument.. and other then making fun of him a bit because he didnt drop it I have no interest in that line of debate.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Well this thread was in most part about the failure of Pace. And right now in this point in time Pace failed again with drafting the wrong QB, again based purely on how both QBs are doing right now. Would love to have pace fired today because of it.

Now this thread has evolved into more about Fields and how bad he has played, and the excuses and how you cant compare him to this QB but compare him to other QBs etc and thats fine, Fields playing bad does go hand in hand with my desire for Pace (and Nagy) to be fired. But I started comparing him to Mitch because of all the "different situations" excuses that kept being brought up.. so comparing him to Mitch seems like a fair comparison.

So when you are saying that Fields is the more accurate QB that is statistically incorrect.. He has the lowest completion % of the 3 QBs compared here, (Mitch, and Jones) when you say he is the more athletic QB thats 100% correct in comparing him to Jones.. but with Mitch its not as cut and dry. Mitch had a better running YPA his rookie year but did have less yards and attempts. So thats close. Fields definitely has a faster 40 time but 40 time out of pads does not override actual production in a game. Fields has more games to rack up more yard and stats.. but with coming off an injury I dont think his running stats are going to skyrocket.. but who knows.

Bottom line was we can all agree that Mitch was not good enough correct?

So me expecting him to be better then they guy that wanst good enough is not asking to much

For the record I hope he improves a lot.. I just hope thats next year after pace and nagy are gone

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I dont think there are 4 words that can be put together that will make me disinterested in reading the rest of a post more than "yeah sorry but remy".
You dont have to let me know when your not reading my post.. thats on the line of "I'm quitting facebook" declarations.. nobody gives a shit.. Read it or dont, i dont need updates on your reading habits, i dont care either way

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I dont think he knows his argument. He mentioned Peytons bad numbers were his rookie year as if he doesn't realize this is fields rookie year.
Remy brought up Mannings rookie numbers not me.. I just pointed out that it was a stupid argument because it was over 20 years ago and he is trying to compare 6TD rookie season to a 26TD rookie season..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No one wants to bash Pace more than me but he absolutely made the correct pick, even if it was a lucky one.

Jones is a product of an entire organization being good at what they do from top to bottom. There isn’t another team in the NfL where he would play as well as he has. I was very lucky to see his incredible performance live in Buffalo. Never seen such brilliant handing off in my life.
People seem to forget that the Patriots were hurt, more than anyone, by a large number of players opting out due to Covid last year. Both sides of the ball. Now they're all back (not sure injury status week to week, but my point remains) and they look good.