CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dexter first 12 plays below. Not sure what you were watching but Dexter played well last night.

first play - held his ground
second play - got good pressure up the middle
third play - screen play so all defensive lineman were allowed to go free
fourth play
- double teamed on a pass rush. pass went out quick
fifth play - pushed his guy straight back, very good pressure
sixth play - held his ground on a run play, was in on the tackle
seventh play - another screen play where dlineman were allowed to go free
eighth play
- quick pass so did not have time to do much
ninth play - run opposite of his direction. held his position.
tenth play - run play, held his ground and him and Pickens were both in on the tackle.
eleventh play - in the backfield on a short down play, almost made the tackle. This was a great rep by him.
twelfth play - this is the play where he had the QB and just missed the sack.
Careful here.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I like Dexter and know he's a rookie with time to get better...........but almost made the tackle doesn't count.....his biggest concern should be finishing the tackle. I'm probably being too harsh, he is a rookie, but losing teams are full of players who almost made the play.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When the Bears passed on Carter, I was hoping that Poles had found a hidden gem with Dexter. I watched his reps closely in the Colts game and saw little to supply me that hope.

He shows no ability to power rush, and the opposing OL have little trouble pushing him backwards or to the side forcing him out of the play. What's worse, he doesn't show any aggressiveness; he has no motor or energy. He's slow to pick himself off the ground, as if he's tired, and he doesn't pursue the play until the whistle blows. I saw a few plays where if he had continued to pursue, he would have been a factor in the current snap.

When you watch Pickens, it's not hard to see an NFL player. Dexter not so much. I believe Pickens will end up being the better player. It's not too hard to envision Dexter being a bust.

Right now my hope is that I'm wrong and Dexter eventually "gets it".
It’s so early for this kind of criticism, plus it’s not even accurate. You might want to go back and look more closely at his reps.

He’s a unique physical specimen and he’s open to being coached hard. He’s learning a whole different approach to his position.

He absolutely looked better last night than last week. We’ve heard he’s had some positive days at camp too.

Take a breath and let the guy develop for ten minutes.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I was fine with the Dline last night. The only real gripe I had was the DCs refusal to call full press man under coverages against Minshew going checkdown charlie off from 1 and 3 step drops.

Your front 4 isnt going to get any pressure against QB checking it down within 2 seconds of getting the snap against the underbelly of the zones.

Poles vested noticeable talent into the secondary over the past 2 offseasons.
Gripin on play calls in preseason.
:walter:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I like Dexter and know he's a rookie with time to get better...........but almost made the tackle doesn't count.....his biggest concern should be finishing the tackle. I'm probably being too harsh, he is a rookie, but losing teams are full of players who almost made the play.
Flip side of this though is you don't always have to make the tackle to disrupt the play.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dexter first 12 plays below. Not sure what you were watching but Dexter played well last night.

first play - held his ground
second play - got good pressure up the middle
third play - screen play so all defensive lineman were allowed to go free
fourth play - double teamed on a pass rush. pass went out quick
fifth play - pushed his guy straight back, very good pressure
sixth play - held his ground on a run play, was in on the tackle
seventh play - another screen play where dlineman were allowed to go free
eighth play - quick pass so did not have time to do much
ninth play - run opposite of his direction. held his position.
tenth play - run play, held his ground and him and Pickens were both in on the tackle.
eleventh play - in the backfield on a short down play, almost made the tackle. This was a great rep by him.
twelfth play - this is the play where he had the QB and just missed the sack.
He looked much improved probably against backups, but still improved

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Two preseason games in and a rookie is already a bust?

CCS never fails to disappoint with breathtakingly stupid takes.
No he's not a bust but there's probably lamentation that he's not as good as he was talked up to be by the meatball Express aka Bears fan Twitter.

It can be frustrating to a select group of people to hear a guy get built up into a guy that's competing for the starting job to seeing a rookie that needs a lot of work to even look like he can play in this league.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
DL are hard to evaluate because people just uses sacks and TFL to scout them
Dexter has been getting pushed around a lot. Has zero counters to his game other than trying to straight up overpower guys. Also he doesn't look very fast nor does he look like he has a motor.

There's no reason to worry about him right now but there's going to be a letdown because some people were trying to say he was going to immediately compete to start.

Off-season Twitter can be a son of a bitch.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Dexter has been getting pushed around a lot. Has zero counters to his game other than trying to straight up overpower guys. Also he doesn't look very fast nor does he look like he has a motor.

There's no reason to worry about him right now but there's going to be a letdown because some people were trying to say he was going to immediately compete to start.

Both rookies Dexter and Pickins still look better than Jones.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No he's not a bust but there's probably lamentation that he's not as good as he was talked up to be by the meatball Express aka Bears fan Twitter.

It can be frustrating to a select group of people to hear a guy get built up into a guy that's competing for the starting job to seeing a rookie that needs a lot of work to even look like he can play in this league.
You are the last person that should be calling anyone else a meatball.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Well, shit, if a guy doesn’t have it all figured out before his first regular season game then clearly he’s a bust.

Username

Liked Posts:
He's slow AF to get off the ball and Poles is a fucking ret@rd to think he can be coached out of it. Poles better learn quick to start bringing in proven ability over potential or he'll be joining the long list of Bears failed GM's soon.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, shit, if a guy doesn’t have it all figured out before his first regular season game then clearly he’s a bust.
What part of*there's no reason to worry about him right now" did you not read.

I was merely pointing out what I've seen so far. What I've seen doesn't justify the second round value.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's slow AF to get off the ball and Poles is a fucking ret@rd to think he can be coached out of it. Poles better learn quick to start bringing in proven ability over potential or he'll be joining the long list of Bears failed GM's soon.
The only good receiver Poles has brought in so far is the obvious proven commodity of DJ Moore. Every other receiver he's tried to evaluate he's failed at miserably.

Wait and see with Tyler Scott

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have already stated Dexter needs a red shirt season because he is way too raw... and now people are calling him a bust, because he is way too raw technique wise.... so I'll bite... (sarcastically.)

We invested in a player for fours years outside of the first round and people are pissed off and he is not a superstar around.... POLES SUCKS AT DRAFTING FIRE HIM ALREADY!!!

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have already stated Dexter needs a red shirt season because he is way too raw... and now people are calling him a bust, because he is way too raw technique wise.... so I'll bite... (sarcastically.)

We invested in a player for fours years outside of the first round and people are pissed off and he is not a superstar around.... POLES SUCKS AT DRAFTING FIRE HIM ALREADY!!!
One person called him a bust