Disappointed with Dexter

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just find it hard to believe that someone with a history of being dead wrong about essentially everything in terms of prospects and analysis is constantly on here posting like this.

That's like me constantly shaming posters for being rude to idiots.
You're right when Justin Fields was drafted I thought he was going to be a special QB. To this point he's been awful.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're right when Justin Fields was drafted I thought he was going to be a special QB. To this point he's been awful.
MVP vote by the AP.
Voted a top 100 player among his peers.

Him being awful simply isn't the truth but i find it very weird that this is the only thing you're willing to admit you're wrong about. Do you have a link to you calling him special?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can we get @DanielCCSBears’ resume as it relates to his football expertise? I know fupa boy has me on ignore, so can someone else ask him?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
MVP vote by the AP.
Voted a top 100 player among his peers.

Him being awful simply isn't the truth but i find it very weird that this is the only thing you're willing to admit you're wrong about. Do you have a link to you calling him special?
One fifth place MVP vote..... I wonder how many top-100 player votes he got to break into that? 10? 20?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard a LOT of good things about Dexter in camp/PS.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One fifth place MVP vote..... I wonder how many top-100 player votes he got to break into that? 10? 20?
Hmmmm very telling which part of that post you decided to acknowledge.

Can you please link me to your pre-draft praise of Justin Fields being special? Thank you.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He's slow AF to get off the ball and Poles is a fucking ret@rd to think he can be coached out of it. Poles better learn quick to start bringing in proven ability over potential or he'll be joining the long list of Bears failed GM's soon.
Just the cons from this draft report.
1 Terribly inconsistent
2 Effort is a concern.
3 Burst off the line is lacking.
4 Does not show change of direction.
5 Upright style limits leverage
6 Average ball instincts

Unrefined, but physical tools too vast to ignore....................Chris Jones 2016 scouting report.

Rookie year in KC 27 tackles 2 sacks. Last year 37 tackles 15.5 sacks. Seems some bad things can be coached out a good DT prospect given time.

BearsGr8

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
When the Bears passed on Carter, I was hoping that Poles had found a hidden gem with Dexter. I watched his reps closely in the Colts game and saw little to supply me that hope.

He shows no ability to power rush, and the opposing OL have little trouble pushing him backwards or to the side forcing him out of the play. What's worse, he doesn't show any aggressiveness; he has no motor or energy. He's slow to pick himself off the ground, as if he's tired, and he doesn't pursue the play until the whistle blows. I saw a few plays where if he had continued to pursue, he would have been a factor in the current snap.

When you watch Pickens, it's not hard to see an NFL player. Dexter not so much. I believe Pickens will end up being the better player. It's not too hard to envision Dexter being a bust.

Right now my hope is that I'm wrong and Dexter eventually "gets it".

Okay, after reading through many of your replies, I admit I was having an emotional knee-jerk reaction as I watched the game recording the next morning, wanting to see signs of dominance, when I should have been cutting him some slack. Also should have avoided the "bust" label; much too early for that, as pointed out by a few of you, and I agree.

As a Bears fan since 1984, I sincerely hope he developes beyond "serviceable" into a force on the defensive line.

BTW, I'm nobody's alt; just a long time fan and infequent poster.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've heard a LOT of good things about Dexter in camp/PS.

They even said he's shown up in camp practices. Hoge specifically mentioned the joint practices with the Colts. Both him and Pickens stood out.

Username

Liked Posts:
Just the cons from this draft report.
1 Terribly inconsistent
2 Effort is a concern.
3 Burst off the line is lacking.
4 Does not show change of direction.
5 Upright style limits leverage
6 Average ball instincts

Unrefined, but physical tools too vast to ignore....................Chris Jones 2016 scouting report.

Rookie year in KC 27 tackles 2 sacks. Last year 37 tackles 15.5 sacks. Seems some bad things can be coached out a good DT prospect given time.
and given a coaching staff that knows what they're doing.