Disappointed with Dexter

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One person called him a bust
Okay maybe an overplay but I feel like people are leaning that way when the raw talent is there, still feel the red-shirt year where coaches work with him and get him to get moves and focus on what to do on game day is going to be the key to things... halfway through the season, test it out and see if it is work. If so, he plays more, if not, back to the green room

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What part of*there's no reason to worry about him right now" did you not read.

I was merely pointing out what I've seen so far. What I've seen doesn't justify the second round value.
So…in other words, .you’re worried about him right now?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have already stated Dexter needs a red shirt season because he is way too raw... and now people are calling him a bust, because he is way too raw technique wise.... so I'll bite... (sarcastically.)

We invested in a player for fours years outside of the first round and people are pissed off and he is not a superstar around.... POLES SUCKS AT DRAFTING FIRE HIM ALREADY!!!
You don’t red shirt positions other than QB. Not sure why you think that’s a good idea to hinder his development for another year. And you especially don’t do that with a 2nd round DT. This is truly an awful idea, this isn’t college—it’s professional football.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Okay maybe an overplay but I feel like people are leaning that way when the raw talent is there, still feel the red-shirt year where coaches work with him and get him to get moves and focus on what to do on game day is going to be the key to things... halfway through the season, test it out and see if it is work. If so, he plays more, if not, back to the green room
Second round picks are supposed to be frontline starters not in need of a red shirt year. They don't need to be good players on the level of a Akiem Hicks but they shouldn't be where Dexter is at.

Dexter came in with a lot of questions and here we are. These guys shouldn't be full of questions. We shouldn't be at this stage of well if A, B, C, and D all comes together he could be a good player.

Think about Alshon Jeffrey his rookie year second round pick. Did he have a perfect rookie year? No he didn't but what you saw was impressive.

Jaquan Brisker last year. George Pickens for the Steelers last year. None of those guys were perfect as rookies but they did things to make you take notice.

What we're seeing from Dexter right now is not impressive at all.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Second round picks are supposed to be frontline starters not in need of a red shirt year. They don't need to be good players on the level of a Akiem Hicks but they shouldn't be where Dexter is at.

Dexter came in with a lot of questions and here we are. These guys shouldn't be full of questions. We shouldn't be at this stage of well if A, B, C, and D all comes together he could be a good player.

Think about Alshon Jeffrey his rookie year second round pick. Did he have a perfect rookie year? No he didn't but what you saw was impressive.

Jaquan Brisker last year. George Pickens for the Steelers last year. None of those guys were perfect as rookies but they did things to make you take notice.

Good comparisons here. You somehow ignored that Dexter plays DT and not WR. Amazing.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good comparisons here. You somehow ignored that Dexter plays DT and not WR. Amazing.
Why are you trying to pick a fight with me?

I used those players as a recent example because I thought using Tank Johnson from 2004 would be going too far back and I couldn't immediately come up with a second round DT pick as easily as I could the other examples I provided.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why are you trying to pick a fight with me?

I used those players as a recent example because I thought using Tank Johnson from 2004 would be going too far back and I couldn't immediately come up with a second round DT pick as easily as I could the other examples I provided.
I believe by using DT examples, you can prove your argument.

I was not a fan of the Dexter pick, a couple of Florida fans thought he was better off as a mid-round pick. But using WR’s wouldn’t be the way to go. When I get time, I’ll give it some research.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
I wanted Poles to get Keanu Benton, trade up with the Stevenson package if he had to. Tough one to allow to go to the Steelers. Dexter looks very average to me, but him and Pickens can trade off next to Billings. Pickens I always eyed pre draft so was happy with that snag

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I truly can't believe he isn't a ln all pro after his second career preseason game. These are true difficult times and a wasted pick.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I like Dexter and know he's a rookie with time to get better...........but almost made the tackle doesn't count.....his biggest concern should be finishing the tackle. I'm probably being too harsh, he is a rookie, but losing teams are full of players who almost made the play.
DT is all about almost tackles, gang tackles, and muddying the pocket. Pro bowl DT, Jonathan Allen, averaged a solo tackle 1 out of every 19 snaps last season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dexter has been getting pushed around a lot.

There's no reason to worry about him right now

What part of*there's no reason to worry about him right now" did you not read.

What I've seen doesn't justify the second round value.

One person called him a bust

Second round picks are supposed to be frontline starters

Dexter came in with a lot of questions and here we are.

Going Sybil over 2 preseason games is a bit much for even you @BearsFan51

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I believe by using DT examples, you can prove your argument.
Aaron Donald had 1 solo tackle and one measly QB hit in the LA Rams' first 2 preseason games of 2014.

Gotta wonder what conclusions nostradumbass would have come up with then when someone so hyped produced so little in 2 preseason games...

I'm sure they'd be objective ones.
It can be frustrating to a select group of people to hear a guy get built up into a guy that's competing for the starting job to seeing a rookie that needs a lot of work to even look like he can play in this league.
Stop speaking in vague pluralities.

I don't know who this 'select group of people' is. If you're going after fans for getting excited about a draft pick of their favorite teams, than you're already a douche. Let meatball fans be meatball fans.

I did my own research, and it was pretty easy to figure out Jaylen Carter was the best of a very weak/thin DT draft class. And even excited bears fans on twitter weren't trying to oversell what Dexter was coming out of Florida. They were just excited the bears took him and they're rooting for him. Every team kinda does this so I don't get what you're coming at, lots of players have to work to look like they can play in the league.

Did you also know, water is wet?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OP is also an alt of Fat Daniels. So he's replying to himself making it look like someone agrees with him

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Aaron Donald had 1 solo tackle and one measly QB hit in the LA Rams' first 2 preseason games of 2014.

Gotta wonder what conclusions nostradumbass would have come up with then when someone so hyped produced so little in 2 preseason games...

I'm sure they'd be objective ones.

Stop speaking in vague pluralities.

I don't know who this 'select group of people' is. If you're going after fans for getting excited about a draft pick of their favorite teams, than you're already a douche. Let meatball fans be meatball fans.

I did my own research, and it was pretty easy to figure out Jaylen Carter was the best of a very weak/thin DT draft class. And even excited bears fans on twitter weren't trying to oversell what Dexter was coming out of Florida. They were just excited the bears took him and they're rooting for him. Every team kinda does this so I don't get what you're coming at, lots of players have to work to look like they can play in the league.

Did you also know, water is wet?
Lol now you're just making stuff up.

Fans weren't just excited about their team's draft. They were making overreactions with absurd comparisons and when that happens it spreads worse than COVID.

Hey did you know that Roschon Johnson is the best blocking running back to come out in decades?Screenshot_20230821-074124.png

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jason Schrock is trash and is more negative than anything.

Still a real journalist, even though a bad one. You aren't even that, loser

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When it comes to tape analysis, there are few better in the business than Greg Cosell. He’s widely respected for his thorough and unbiased evaluations. That is why it’s eye-opening to hear him drop lofty comparisons. Yet when the time came to talk about Florida defensive tackle Gervon Dexter on The Journey To The Draft podcast, he couldn’t help himself.

“I GOT TO TELL YOU. HIS REALLY GOOD SNAPS, AND THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM, HE REMINDED ME OF CHRIS JONES. BUT THERE WERE OTHER SNAPS WHERE I THOUGHT THAT HE WAS LATE OFF THE SNAP, SLUGGISH AND LETHARGIC GETTING OUT OF HIS STANCE, WHICH OF COURSE AFFECTED HIS EXPLOSIVENESS AND BURST. THERE WERE TIMES WHERE I THOUGHT HE CAME OFF THE BALL HIGH, BUT AGAIN ANOTHER GUY…A GUY WHOSE REALLY GOOD SNAPS, I THOUGHT, ‘WOW, THIS GUY IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD.’ IF YOU PUT TOGETHER HIS 15 BEST SNAPS, YOU’D PROBABLY THINK THIS GUY’S A TOP 10 PICK. BUT HE DIDN’T PLAY THAT WAY ALL THE TIME. ANOTHER GUY I’M REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT BUT, LIKE I SAID, HIS REALLY GOOD SNAPS? HE MADE ME THINK OF CHRIS JONES.”

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just find it hard to believe that someone with a history of being dead wrong about essentially everything in terms of prospects and analysis is constantly on here posting like this.

That's like me constantly shaming posters for being rude to idiots.