Divisional Round Playoff Games Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Pitt would have executed the kick better and recovered the ball it would have been genius.

Nah still a dumb decision. Percentage of success on onside kicks is low and you have 2 TOs and 2 minute warning.

Yes if they executed the kick it would be great but the whole point is executing an onside kick well is extremely difficult. Hence why you only do it if it is necessary which this wasn't

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Pitt is about to lose to a Bortles offense in the playoffs. This is the team that also lost to a Tebow offense in the playoffs. That's ridiculous. The championship round is going to have Nick Foles, Blake Bortles, and possibly Case Keenum with a chance to go to the superbowl. What a time to be alive.

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
I'll never forgive the Steelers for staying off the field during the national anthem at Soldier Field of all places. Fuck them.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So Pitt is about to lose to a Bortles offense in the playoffs. This is the team that also lost to a Tebow offense in the playoffs. That's ridiculous. The championship round is going to have Nick Foles, Blake Bortles, and possibly Case Keenum with a chance to go to the superbowl. What a time to be alive.

Defense still matters.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Onsids kick was a good call. Just really poor execution. Needed a 3 and out to have a chance either way..

Maybe if the opposing qb was Peyton Manning, but it was Blake fucking Bortles. God awful call.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nah still a dumb decision. Percentage of success on onside kicks is low and you have 2 TOs and 2 minute warning.

Yes if they executed the kick it would be great but the whole point is executing an onside kick well is extremely difficult. Hence why you only do it if it is necessary which this wasn't

He essentially ended the game. Should have played field position--EDIT, my game tracker is about 50 seconds behind with the game clock.
Tomlin is the McCarthy of the AFC. He'll always be outcoached; Haley is even a bigger moron.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If told pregame, Jax would allow 42 points, how badly would you think they got beat?

Jax scored 10 a week ago, and allowed 42 today, and won both. Wow.

Kudos to Buffalo's D, I guess.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with your point, and I think they would have stopped Bortles had they just kicked it. But the thrill of recovering that onsides kick was too much temptation for Tomlin to pass on.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Big Ben threw a lot of questionable passes, and when in trouble he often does dumb things.

But good heavens can he make some terrific throws!! At least three TD's on passes with absolutely no room for error. That's no exaggeration. Three passes that all needed to be pinpoint. Wow.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was a crazy fuckin game.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If told pregame, Jax would allow 42 points, how badly would you think they got beat?

I said this before. Look up Jacksonville's offensive output for the entire season. People keep talking shit without realizing that this Bortles led offense was putting up a lot of points.

Jags were the #5 scoring offense...

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Hope Jax beat the Pats, but I just don’t think it happens. Really sick of the Pats.

At least Tomlin won’t go fold to them again.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jags are gonna need to fix their D up. No way they win in NE playing like that on D.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Big Ben threw a lot of questionable passes, and when in trouble he often does dumb things.

But good heavens can he make some terrific throws!! At least three TD's on passes with absolutely no room for error. That's no exaggeration. Three passes that all needed to be pinpoint. Wow.

But you also need to factor in that he has by far the best pass blocking offensive line in the league, a hall of fame WR, a rookie of the year candidate WR, and a top 3 all pro RB.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Jax secondary did not play poorly by any means, yet ben has what, 5 TD's (and another TD on the lateral)? And 1,000 yards, and 42 points? That on a day I thought Jax' D looked good early on.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Matchups. Each team matchup against each other differently.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Anyone rooting for jax because the are the underdog? who doesn't like a good underdog against the pats?