Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last time the Jaguars played in the AFC title game was in 1997. They played the Patriots then too. What's weird, too, is that in that playoffs, they played the Bills in the first round, just like they did in these playoffs.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Diggs was either going to the end zone or out of bounds. I think they would have lost the game either way.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except why didn’t he just wait for Diggs to catch it and then pull him down to the ground with a “soft” tackle. Dude was already around the WR.
Yeah, think he timed it poorly and was running up on him and couldn't stop in time. Really all those players around Diggs should have just surrounded him like it was a punt, leaving him no where to go.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I dont think the saints did anything wrong. It was just an amazing catch and run.

I didn’t see anything amazing about either. He jumped for a ball with nobody covering him properly, and simply ran to the endzone after the safety made as bad a play as he could possibly make.

Had an easy play right in front of him. Wrap up and the game is over.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I didn’t see anything amazing about either. He jumped for a ball with nobody covering him properly, and simply ran to the endzone after the safety made as bad a play as he could possibly make.

Had an easy play right in front of him. Wrap up and the game is over.

First, he got there early for some reason, and realized at the last minute that he was gonna interfere if he kept going. They call PI and they lose to a FG (probably).
Second, Diggs was right on the sideline and knew he needed to get OB to stop the clock, keeping him inbounds wasn't going to be easy if possible at all. Maybe, maybe had he timed it better, he might have made a tackle in bounds and they win...maybe.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Congratulations to the Vikings. I'm so in shock I can't move.
-SG

— Steve Gleason (@TeamGleason) January 15, 2018

That's pretty hysterical.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Congratulations to the Vikings. I'm so in shock I can't move.
-SG

— Steve Gleason (@TeamGleason) January 15, 2018

That's pretty hysterical.

I like his sense of humor.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
With how far they had to throw the ball, if they just tackle the receiver in bounds, the clock runs out. It would have taken the Vikings OL at least 10-12 seconds just to run down the field to the spot and get set before Keenum could spike it.

I know all this. I am not sure why you're responding with this to my question about someone wanting three DB's DEEPER than the WR?

If they are protecting the goal line, who tackles the WR in bounds?

The suggestion I was responding to was that the Saints should have had 3 more people back. But Minny needed only the FG, so more people deep doesn't solve the problem of allowing the catch and step out of bounds.

A player whiffed on an easy play. The defensive call was hardly the problem.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
First, he got there early for some reason, and realized at the last minute that he was gonna interfere if he kept going. They call PI and they lose to a FG (probably).
Second, Diggs was right on the sideline and knew he needed to get OB to stop the clock, keeping him inbounds wasn't going to be easy if possible at all. Maybe, maybe had he timed it better, he might have made a tackle in bounds and they win...maybe.

OK, I am not sure what everyone saw, but the safety was BEHIND the WR, and could VERY EASILY have hit him AFTER the catch, and likely could have kept him in bounds. Or at least delayed it enough that the time would run out. The WR was a step inside the sideline. Wrap him up.

At the very least, if he truly thought he was early, pull up and grab him when he comes down.

As (knucklehead) Deion says "All you had to do was make an ordinary play."

He's a moron, as I will gladly point out, but this is spot on. It was an ordinary play.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Watching NFL Network (which is NOT easy when Sanders is on), and they show a 3rd and 1 where Brees has a guy wide open in the flat and misses him badly. He was all alone, an easy throw, and most likely takes it all the way.

After the replay of Brees missing the throw, Deion's response is "Why not just run the ball?"

Wait, what?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching NFL Network (which is NOT easy when Sanders is on), and they show a 3rd and 1 where Brees has a guy wide open in the flat and misses him badly. He was all alone, an easy throw, and most likely takes it all the way.

After the replay of Brees missing the throw, Deion's response is "Why not just run the ball?"

Wait, what?

Was that the trick play when Snead threw the pass?

That wasn't Brees

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Was that the trick play when Snead threw the pass?

That wasn't Brees

Oh, is that what that was? I missed that. I feel better about Brees now.

And Deion can call me the moron on that one.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh, is that what that was? I missed that. I feel better about Brees now.

And Deion can call me the moron on that one.

Yeah, Brees threw it to Snead in what initially looked like a WR screen, and then Snead threw it to an open Kamara, and missed badly.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
OK, I am not sure what everyone saw, but the safety was BEHIND the WR, and could VERY EASILY have hit him AFTER the catch, and likely could have kept him in bounds. Or at least delayed it enough that the time would run out. The WR was a step inside the sideline. Wrap him up.

At the very least, if he truly thought he was early, pull up and grab him when he comes down.

He's a moron, as I will gladly point out, but this is spot on. It was an ordinary play.

That’s how I saw it’s well. The Safety wasn’t playing catch up to get over there to make a play, he was already in position for an easy tackle.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope Nagy can finally get us into the playoffs this year. Tired of sitting at home watching. I dont care if we get in at 8-8 , once the playoffs start anything can happen. Jags are a perfect example.

You mean a perfect example of the #2 defense and #5 scoring offense...god damn people are either blind or just that dumb.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think the issue is he was early, didn't think he could pull up and so veered to the sidelines to avoid PI expecting Diggs would try to get out of bounds.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I finally watched the Saints Vikes game. I fucking hate Minnesota and them winning on the worst blown tackle ever just sucks.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Any thoughts on Jags shocking the world and leaving foxborough with the win??
Brady might have injured his hand no jimmy g as a backup because of brady might come back to bite them??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Any thoughts on Jags shocking the world and leaving foxborough with the win??
Brady might have injured his hand no jimmy g as a backup because of brady might come back to bite them??

That would be funny.
Jags need good Bortles to show up and the defense can't give up what they did versus Pitt.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
That would be funny.
Jags need good Bortles to show up and the defense can't give up what they did versus Pitt.

yeah that would be poetic justice
its a long shot but very possible

also tom coughlin is now with the jags defense
he knows how to beat the patriots