Divisional Round Playoff Games Thread

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
A lot of people had NO, ATL, and PIT today. A lot of people had KC over TEN. A lot of people had LAR over ATL. All of those people were wrong.

It's not a given that NE will just walk over JAX and whoever they may play in the Super Bowl. Yeah, they'll be favorites, but this is the NFL. Clearly, anything can happen.

If there's on team who doesn't choke in big games, it's NE.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
did the Vikings have a timeout left? if he tackles that guy, did they have a TO to call and get the FG unit on or was that game if he tackles him?

Had to check. Vikes took last timeout with 18 seconds.

Ball was caught with three seconds. He may have gotten out in time. Would have been about a 48-yarder I think.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A lot of people had NO, ATL, and PIT today. A lot of people had KC over TEN. A lot of people had LAR over ATL. All of those people were wrong.

It's not a given that NE will just walk over JAX and whoever they may play in the Super Bowl. Yeah, they'll be favorites, but this is the NFL. Clearly, anything can happen.

Nobody had ATL today, but I had them yesterday. :)

But you're absolutely right. Pitt and Atl this weekend looked like the teams to pick. Same with KC last week - though I honestly called Tennesse's comeback at halftime, and I don't think much of TN.

JAX next week would be fabulous. But I am not betting on it.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Lucky catch, and run. They won't get by Philly and if they do Jacksonville's defense will eat them alive or Brady will destroy them

MIN is a better team than PHI. In fact, they are basically the same team, except MIN is a better version.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
2 or 3 means every defender to you? Don't know what Williams was doing. Looked like he was trying to avoid penalty but should have had 1 or more back there as well just in case 1 does something stupid like that.

You wanted the Saints to have 3 defenders - in addition to this safety - deeper than the Vikes needed to get to have a FG try?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I dont think the saints did anything wrong. It was just an amazing catch and run.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You wanted the Saints to have 3 defenders - in addition to this safety - deeper than the Vikes needed to get to have a FG try?
Absolutely. No chance of them getting a chance to kick a fg. All you had to do was keep him in bounds and tackle him. They couldn't possibly stop the clock.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Calling it now... NE vs Philly rematch with a NE 6th title

Jacksonville will beat the Pats. I think it will be Jax vs Philly. I'm more confident on the AFC Championship game than the NFC Championship game.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:

With how far they had to throw the ball, if they just tackle the receiver in bounds, the clock runs out. It would have taken the Vikings OL at least 10-12 seconds just to run down the field to the spot and get set before Keenum could spike it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bwahahaha...nope, that DB missing the tackle didn't do anything wrong...
Jimmy Johnson made a good point afterwards. He didn't think he whiffed on the tackle but was getting out of the way as to not be called for PI.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Johnson made a good point afterwards. He didn't think he whiffed on the tackle but was getting out of the way as to not be called for PI.

Yeah, because a PI call > losing the divisional game...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, because a PI call > losing the divisional game...
Game can't end on defensive penalty. He was making the point the players would have been told not to get a penalty cause that would give them the opportunity to kick a fg.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Except why didn’t he just wait for Diggs to catch it and then pull him down to the ground with a “soft” tackle. Dude was already around the WR.