Divisional Round Playoff Games Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm still shocked. I thought the Vikings blew it by giving Brees 90 seconds.....wtf, that was crazy.

3 of the 4 QBs left in the playoffs are considered 'busts,' so all those people claiming you can only win with a HOF QB....

Are still correct.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mike Tomlin shit the bed today in many ways.

Mike Zimmer's timeouts won him a game that looked lost.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
how do you not keep 2 or 3 defenders way back at the 20. There was not a defender behind him in a situation in which they had to get either a penalty or TD. Let him catch it and have a few guys behind that play to come up and tackle him.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Lucky catch, and run. They won't get by Philly and if they do Jacksonville's defense will eat them alive or Brady will destroy them

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly think he wanted to block the path to OB to run out the clock and forgot that a TD was still in play. He didn't just duck to nowhere but expected the WR to dive for the sideline. That said, it was still an awful play but not just a mindless blind dive.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
What is it with defenses allowing quarterbacks to throw 25+ yards down field with no timeouts and less than 10 seconds to go in the game? Rodgers did the exact same thing last year against Dallas. I can't understand how, as a defense, you can allow ANYTHING towards the sideline in those situations.

Hell, even if that safety made the tackle, the Vikings still might have had a second or two left to kick a GW FG. It's just crazy to me.

ping001

Liked Posts:
I hope Nagy can finally get us into the playoffs this year. Tired of sitting at home watching. I dont care if we get in at 8-8 , once the playoffs start anything can happen. Jags are a perfect example.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
how do you not keep 2 or 3 defenders way back at the 20. There was not a defender behind him in a situation in which they had to get either a penalty or TD. Let him catch it and have a few guys behind that play to come up and tackle him.

Not a defender behind whom?

The WR? yes, there was a safety.

Behind Williams? He was the safety! He WAS the guy behind.

Minny did not need a TD. They needed a FG. If every defender is deep, he steps out of bounds and they kick the winner.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was the guy that dove. They had extra guys at the sideline. A completion there and they lose just the same.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hope Nagy can finally get us into the playoffs this year. Tired of sitting at home watching. I dont care if we get in at 8-8 , once the playoffs start anything can happen. Jags are a perfect example.

I have confidence in him, but I doubt he gets us into the playoffs THIS year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The over/under on the NFC Championship will be 3 1/2.

Reactions: BNB

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a defender behind whom?

The WR? yes, there was a safety.

Behind Williams? He was the safety! He WAS the guy behind.

Minny did not need a TD. They needed a FG. If every defender is deep, he steps out of bounds and they kick the winner.
2 or 3 means every defender to you? Don't know what Williams was doing. Looked like he was trying to avoid penalty but should have had 1 or more back there as well just in case 1 does something stupid like that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lucky catch, and run. They won't get by Philly and if they do Jacksonville's defense will eat them alive or Brady will destroy them

Yeah, they probably shouldn't enjoy it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Best thing about NFL football is when you have a huge play like that everyone stops to find out if it was really a score. So great.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

They do get home field advantage in the SB. Would be interesting to see if that is a factor.