DJ Moore Extended!!!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
As much as I expect Allen to be great this upcoming season having 3 stud receivers is a luxury. We need to take the money he would get and spend it on the offensive line. What sucks is we have these 3 great receivers, a very good tight end, a running back who is a great receiver, a rookie QB with immense talent, and what might be a swiss cheese offensive line. Those 3 great receivers who are likely to be together only this upcoming season will be somewhat limited if our offense line stinks, and it’s a huge concern. I wish Poles would at least bring in Connor Williams this season, we need to see better stability on this line with these great targets and a rookie QB.

Not quite. The going rate for a stud #1 is 30+ million. DJ is making around 16 this season. Say Allen signs for around the same and now you have 2 stud #1 WRs for the price of one. The money allocation is perfectly fine for the position group with Rome on a rookie deal.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Not quite. The going rate for a stud #1 is 30+ million. DJ is making around 16 this season. Say Allen signs for around the same and now you have 2 stud #1 WRs for the price of one. The money allocation is perfectly fine for the position group with Rome on a rookie deal.
It may be better to allocate that 16 mil for the offensive line if they are awful. It all depends on the line

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It may be better to allocate that 16 mil for the offensive line if they are awful. It all depends on the line

I’m pretty sure they still would be able to? They’re not paying anyone on the OL other than Davis and his contract is pretty mid and he’s going to (likely) be cut after this season. They have extreme flexibility.

Im also not very familiar with the FA class next year, but is there an OL you have in mind that warrants a big contract?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’m pretty sure they still would be able to? They’re not paying anyone on the OL other than Davis and his contract is pretty mid and he’s going to (likely) be cut after this season. They have extreme flexibility.

Im also not very familiar with the FA class next year, but is there an OL you have in mind that warrants a big contract?
I haven't watched enough non-Bears games to know most of the names slotted to become FAs in 2025, but this website lets you look ahead for upcoming FA markets. However, there are always cap cuts to look forward to, as well!

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I haven't watched enough non-Bears games to know most of the names slotted to become FAs in 2025, but this website lets you look ahead for upcoming FA markets. However, there are always cap cuts to look forward to, as well!

Yeah, I like Spotrac but just haven’t really looked at it for next season.

Either way, I think the Bears are likely going to attack the trenches in the draft next year with their 1st 3 picks. Could be wrong though.

Assuming he can stay healthy and productive this year, I would definitely be interested in bringing Allen back at like 16-18 mil per year on a 1-2 year deal.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, I like Spotrac but just haven’t really looked at it for next season.

Either way, I think the Bears are likely going to attack the trenches in the draft next year with their 1st 3 picks. Could be wrong though.

Assuming he can stay healthy and productive this year, I would definitely be interested in bringing Allen back at like 16-18 mil per year on a 1-2 year deal.
The Bears will have four picks in the upcoming draft in the top 100 and I wouldnt complain about putting them all into the trenches. With the QB of the future locked in with an excellent WR and a top rookie prospect for the next several years, it will be OL and DL that determine how far this team can really go.

Though I wouldn't say no to a cutback RB with back-breaking speed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears will have four picks in the upcoming draft in the top 100 and I wouldnt complain about putting them all into the trenches. With the QB of the future locked in with an excellent WR and a top rookie prospect for the next several years, it will be OL and DL that determine how far this team can really go.

Just dont pass on that OL/DL to draft that cutback backup rb in the first round!

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Allen would have to want to stay here as well. I'm not sure he's going to want to depending on his number of targets this year. If Rome really proves himself, Allen isn't going to want to live out his years as a #3 when he still has #1 ability

Enasic

Liked Posts:

With Poles and Flus running things, I would not rule out a DB either. They highly value the secondary and want to be extremely deep there. It’s a huge year for Gordon and brisker. I’m much higher on Gordon if he could stay healthy. I’m skeptical that brisker will earn a 2nd contract here

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Just dont pass on that OL/DL to draft that cutback backup rb in the first round!
There will always be a prospect that challenges the common sense. However, if the next Jonathan Taylor is sitting there in the mid second (like the actual Jonathan Taylor was) then I'm not saying no!

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

How about don't draft a BACKUP anything in the first round?

If you're getting a RB anywhere in the 1st it had better be somewhere between a god and a GOAT.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
How about don't draft a BACKUP anything in the first round?

If you're getting a RB anywhere in the 1st it had better be somewhere between a god and a GOAT.
I'd take the next Marshall Faulk

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:

Not sure, though every offseason you get a few available . Trades are also a possibility.