Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh good point! Guess you forgot what the word like means. Bet you’re a moderator on 4chan and Reddit too. Keep in mind you came at me first. What a loser life to be attached to a forum 24/7. That’s sad. those young bucks gonna tear Keenan Allen up very soon. I would not lock him up to an extension, let him ride like DRE
STFU biff

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
the closest i've been to this much excitement about the Bears was after the Cutler trade. i couldn't think about anything else from April and through camp. this time is different though, with all of the other non-QB moves and the age/trajectory of the roster as a whole. what a time to be alive.

Have u ever seen a therapist?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Remember when some people here were saying that Poles got fleeced by bringing in a receiver that the Panthers were eager to offload because of his contract and him not being a #1 wideout? Memories.
It was @Montucky

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
this was a great pickup by Poles and the nice part is extending a person after a successful trade.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Like it. 3695 yards to go to beat out Johnny Morris for all-time bears receiving yard leaders. Morris has had it since 1967, and its 2024, the game has changed--the sooner the better because I'm tired of seeing black and white or 1985 for anytime pundits mid-game talk about the bears on offense being even remotely competent.

And with the amount of money being thrown around to WRs, I'm not complaining at all.

Good move Poles. Now fix the lines.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Amazing move keeping Moore & Kmet with Odunze and CW for years to come. The future is bright. On that note I need a new bears jersey for this season!

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
It's good news to have the core offensive positions locked in fore the next 4 years going into Caleb's rookie year.

WR1 and WR2
LT and RT (hopefully)
QB1

Those positions are crazy expensive to fill in. Not having to do so means we'll be able to stack the roster.

Reactions: Myk

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moore and Odunze will both pass the current Bears receiving record. What a great duo nf locked up for 5 years with Caleb.

If there was even a remote chance Allen could stay it’s gone.
IDK. Depends on if he wants to say on a reduced contract. He's getting old, it's a great crew, he seems really happy, it's not always about money. Guys take reduced salaries for a variety of reasons. Especially if we have a winning year. I'm not saying anything about playoffs, but Allen might want to retire here, too. IDK if he'd get more money elsewhere.

Reactions: Myk

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thrilled with this DJM extension. Bears are doing this stuff right. Really all in on Poles after the moves he has made. Exciting times.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
IDK. Depends on if he wants to say on a reduced contract. He's getting old, it's a great crew, he seems really happy, it's not always about money. Guys take reduced salaries for a variety of reasons. Especially if we have a winning year. I'm not saying anything about playoffs, but Allen might want to retire here, too. IDK if he'd get more money elsewhere.

Especially after you've made a career $100,000,000. If you're not a moron you could work for league minimum if you wanted, money shouldn't matter.
It's what I don't understand about players who hamper their teams to be the "highest paid X" that lasts for a year or two.
He could easily take a vastly lower than his worth Tom Bradly like contract if he thought it was going to end up getting him a ring.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember when some people here were saying that Poles got fleeced by bringing in a receiver that the Panthers were eager to offload because of his contract and him not being a #1 wideout? Memories.
Damn... that was a thing? I honestly like DJ more than I expected to, but I remember it being reported that the Bears could've had another 1st, but opted for DJ instead. If so, it's definitely not a case of the Panthers forcing him on us...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Especially after you've made a career $100,000,000. If you're not a moron you could work for league minimum if you wanted, money shouldn't matter.
It's what I don't understand about players who hamper their teams to be the "highest paid X" that lasts for a year or two.
He could easily take a vastly lower than his worth Tom Bradly like contract if he thought it was going to end up getting him a ring.
Exactly. This isn't a rookie coming off his initial contract, looking to get paid for the first time, this is a vet who has made money, is in a good place, and can see that we're doing the right things to win, and succeed. He's bonded with DJM, Odunze, and the rest. Initially I thought he was a 1-2 year rental, but from what I hear from him and DJM, this could be the place he stays, and retires. IDK. We'll see. Already talk about DJM trying to get Allen extended as well. Fingers crossed. Three great WRs, good guys all around.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
As much as I expect Allen to be great this upcoming season having 3 stud receivers is a luxury. We need to take the money he would get and spend it on the offensive line. What sucks is we have these 3 great receivers, a very good tight end, a running back who is a great receiver, a rookie QB with immense talent, and what might be a swiss cheese offensive line. Those 3 great receivers who are likely to be together only this upcoming season will be somewhat limited if our offense line stinks, and it’s a huge concern. I wish Poles would at least bring in Connor Williams this season, we need to see better stability on this line with these great targets and a rookie QB.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I'm thrilled with this DJM extension. Bears are doing this stuff right. Really all in on Poles after the moves he has made. Exciting times.
And Poles only has been here for 2 full years and motherfucker is only 38. Hell of a turnaround he’s done so far. Especially when he new that in his first year, he would have to let some people go and have nothing on the roster and would have to wait until at least 2 drafts to get players and start to show something.

Like he said, he was brought here to change everything!