Do Schierholtz/Valbuena cut it as placeholders?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I mean I get what you're saying. It's just that the more I think about that trade the less sense Olt really makes in it to me. If they did view him as a reclamation project they would have to have a future trade in mind that he would be a major piece in especially after drafting Bryant. Presumably that would be for some young pitcher but there don't appear to be any of them openly available this coming off season.

Maybe it's really as simple as throwing him out there as a stop gap for Baez/Bryant. But given Baez's acceleration I really have no idea how they are going to get value for him if they play Baez at 3B even if he does turn it around. So, like I said I would like the idea if they punt on him and put him together with some other pieces in a trade for something.

I wouldn't mind that. I think CFS is right about camp. Maybe platoon him in right because of his power and walk ability. Maybe get him some good situation at bats and make teams start to like him again. He still has power and can walk. Its just the rest of his game disappeared. We will see. There are so many options. Not a bad thing.