Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jeez....the guy is gone; he sucked here.....and will prob look better in pity because they won't ask him to do much (or anything)

The qb here now is vastly superior at playing the position and is only in game 3

The guy we drafted has sucked so far too.

3 games I know, but this loss is his fault. But 370 yards! OMG!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
what was the score when Herbert was pulled? You dont think that impacts the Chargers ability to score?
Sure, but Justin played well in the 4th quarter either way…independent of how the chargers offense was doing.

JF1 faces the chargers defense, not their offense

msadows

Liked Posts:
And yes, again disclaimer, I believer caleb will be better than fields down the road but I think this team would be 3-0 with fields this year even with drafting caleb and passing on the haul.

Caleb makes a lot of moron throws and is very inaccurate downfield.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, but Justin played well in the 4th quarter either way…independent of how the chargers offense was doing.

JF1 faces the chargers defense, not their offense

and all im saying is that when the starting QB goes out, you really don't have to worry about the other team scoring at that point when you go from Herbert to Heinecke

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure seemed good in the 4th today for the steelers...

Maybe it's coaching?
Maybe. He had a lot of the same issues that Caleb had today over the last 3 years, but really never progressed. Can already tell Caleb will deliver the ball better in the passing game: as far as long term Justin may have won, but I still think we made the right choice and just need patience.

msadows

Liked Posts:
what was the score when Herbert was pulled? You dont think that impacts the Chargers ability to score?

JF1 threw a slant down the middle for 60 yards.

HE never once threw a slant on the bears(exaggerating somewhat)

Certainly, coaching is a major issue. I fear for caleb because a lot of the issues fields had last 2 years are showing up already in caleb.

He clearly has arm talent but it wont matter if he's making bonehead plays 24/7. Thus far fields has played very clean and pitt is 3-0 because of it, and likely 4-0 when he runs all over the colts next week.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
and all im saying is that when the starting QB goes out, you really don't have to worry about the other team scoring at that point when you go from Herbert to Heinecke
I dunno, the packers seem to score plenty with their back up QB’s. So, I don’t think you assume anything and I guarantee you the Steelers weren’t taking anything for granted either

greg23

Liked Posts:
The guy we drafted has sucked so far too.

3 games I know, but this loss is his fault. But 370 yards! OMG!
Are you trying to beat the Texans and colts in 2024......or find a qb for the next 10 years?

Because this is the way to find that qb as the previous one proved pretty clear he wasn't it

msadows

Liked Posts:
I dunno, the packers seem to score plenty with their back up QB’s. So, I don’t think you assume anything and I guarantee you the Steelers weren’t taking anything for granted either

I 100% guarantee you if lafleur got his hands on fields vs. love they would be in the same spot. Thats a REAL coach.

The bears are clownshoes and dont have an idea how to coach offense. The only time the offense looked good is when they were running hurry up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Are you trying to beat the Texans and colts in 2024......or find a qb for the next 10 years?

Because this is the way to find that qb as the previous one proved pretty clear he wasn't it

I fear this coaching staff might destroy this QB, while the QB we told to fuck off may have a decent career.

370 yards doesnt mean shit, gardner minshew has done that plenty in his career. Being efficient matters, caleb looks lost and I have no faith in waldron and fluss to help him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let’s not forget Justin was 10-24 as a bear or something like that.
Im sure being on a team that was spiraling downward hard and then tanking had nothing to do with it.

There is a reason why people had huge expectations of Caleb this year and it wasnt all just because of Caleb Williams. Right now he is failing and in a big way.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I say yes.

Caleb threw for 400 yards and scored 16 points while having 3 back breaking turnovers. good job bruh
How’s the haul going ?
No i dont think one of the two best running QBs in the league would have made any difference vs the Colts and unlike Caleb, Fields turnovers would have been only his fault and all of these bad players that have been blamed the past 3 weeks would magically be good enough again!

For the record, would you guys rather have Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Im sure being on a team that was spiraling downward hard and then tanking had nothing to do with it.

There is a reason why people had huge expectations of Caleb this year and it wasnt all just because of Caleb Williams. Right now he is failing and in a big way.

Yea, we were told they moved on from fields because caleb was a drastic improvement from day 1.

So far he's been terrible for the most part. I dont care about yardage, points matter. Efficiency matters.

Fields never made boneheaded INT's, caleb is doing that weekly thus far. I have faith he can turn it around but the fact he has zero downfield accuracy is concerning.

msadows

Liked Posts:
For the record, would you guys rather have Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

Id rather have kept both.

I'm at this point mad they got rid of him for a 6th round pick. Caleb should have sat. He's clearly not ready and this team aint ready for him.

By week 10 they may be gelling, but by that time the season may be over.