Do you believe Trubisky has the tools to succeed?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have said it since the spring. I expect this offense to struggle until after the bye week. The tools are there but expecting an offense to gel and click on all cylinders out of the gate is unrealistic.

Trubisky was confident while executing the scripted plays week one. He knew those plays inside and out. Once the sripted plays ended they went deeper into the playbook Trubisky was unsure and to be fair his receivers might have been as well.

There is a valid argument about offseason/preseaon prep vrs getting the players to game one healthy. Its really seems that the Bears 4th preseason game was a wasted opportunity to get this offense more time to gel and tape to learn from.

My personal opinion is that the offense will get better each week after the bye and by the end off the year this Bears team will be effective on offense.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Classic movie. What's concerning though is if a young QB was subjected to the worst of Cutler in a Clockwork Orange way, the result could be a gun shy QB too afraid of making mistakes to make enough plays, and a perpetual look of confusion.

To this I will agree, lol. And I know we are saying it in joking, but might be a bit behind it.

Grimson - sorry for saying "we'

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You hung on to Cutler the whole way despite no improvement and little sign of wanting to improve. At least give the kid two years.

6 wins if he’s in yesterday!

I’ll take mr 4th quarter over high n tight Trubisky

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky reminds me too much of Ryan Tannehill and Alex Smith. Tannehill had some flashes before the ACL and could turn into a serviceable back up with a chance to be a decent starter in the right system, health, and enough opportunities.

Alex Smith did not start becoming the guy he is today until year 5 with San Fran. Who here thinks Mitch will or should be given that much time to start LOL.

For all those that want to bring up Drew Brees, please fools. Drew always knew how to navigate in the pocket, Mitch has never shown this in college or the NFL. Mitch is a feel the pressure and scramble out or wet the bed kind of QB up to this point. Not sure he will ever become anything more or will be given years of failures to prove himself.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Trubisky reminds me too much of Ryan Tannehill and Alex Smith. Tannehill had some flashes before the ACL and could turn into a serviceable back up with a chance to be a decent starter in the right system, health, and enough opportunities.

Alex Smith did not start becoming the guy he is today until year 5 with San Fran. Who here thinks Mitch will or should be given that much time to start LOL.

For all those that want to bring up Drew Brees, please fools. Drew always knew how to navigate in the pocket, Mitch has never shown this in college or the NFL. Mitch is a feel the pressure and scramble out or wet the bed kind of QB up to this point. Not sure he will ever become anything more or will be given years of failures to prove himself.

More like year 7.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is the most frustrating part of it. They look like they're a good QB away from being a serious contender. I can only imagine what was going through Khalil Mack's mind watching that last drive being pissed away with terrible throws and his work being flushed down the toilet as the offense can't just get a first down.

Mack was probably thinking if he could of just got some pressure on Rodgers in the 2nd half for those 3 TD drives that maybe we could of won the game....Hmmmmmm.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
No..more like "put Derek Carr on this team and watch out":nelson:

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Like I said,we will know around week 4 if Mitchell shows promise.If he is not the guy we are completely fucked for the next 5 years or so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mack was probably thinking if he could of just got some pressure on Rodgers in the 2nd half for those 3 TD drives that maybe we could of won the game....Hmmmmmm.
Yes, one of my first takeaways from that game was that Khalil Mack didn't do enough to help the offense. Great point.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Like I said,we will know around week 4 if Mitchell shows promise.If he is not the guy we are completely fucked for the next 5 years or so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Why five years am I missing something lol

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have said it since the spring. I expect this offense to struggle until after the bye week. The tools are there but expecting an offense to gel and click on all cylinders out of the gate is unrealistic.

Trubisky was confident while executing the scripted plays week one. He knew those plays inside and out. Once the sripted plays ended they went deeper into the playbook Trubisky was unsure and to be fair his receivers might have been as well.

There is a valid argument about offseason/preseaon prep vrs getting the players to game one healthy. Its really seems that the Bears 4th preseason game was a wasted opportunity to get this offense more time to gel and tape to learn from.

My personal opinion is that the offense will get better each week after the bye and by the end off the year this Bears team will be effective on offense.

This is how I feel. He has an offensive minded coach, legit wrs and rbs, and a solid oline

But doesn’t change the fact he just hasn’t had that wow he is an up and coming qb game yet and it should concern people

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I’m guessing that he’s serviceable at best. He has all the physical tools except for elite arm talent but one has to wonder why he never has been able to usurp the starting QB at any level.

He didn’t play qb until senior year in high scool, he couldn’t beat out the bum at North Carolina and didn’t beat out Glennon.

Those are the facts, all be it; the last one doesn’t really count as Fox wouldn’t have started a rookie regarldless of who it was, which was fucking stupid if you ask me. Fox tried at the end to basically not admit his failures by starting Glennon or someone with some sort of experience but if he was brighter her might have tried to start the young one from day one, which might have made it harder to fire him but I digress.

I think he’s got the talent to end up being serviceable. I mean, take Fitzpatrick for example. No team has thought of him as the answer and has gotten rid of him everywhere he went but the guy is a professional. He’s put up pretty good numbers for the most part.

My point is, if you give someone enough time in a good system. Then they’ll end up being better than average especially given his physical tools. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the best qb’s are far better the older they get. The best qb’s in the league are all older than 35.

I’m just scared that the guy who picked Trubisky was Pace, the same guy who brought in Glennon and said he was a great player. Forget the money, I think that was more of spending the minimum cap money. I watched Tampa as I live in Tampa and I can tell you Glennon stinks as a QB and has zero physical talent.

I hope he will be great but I feel deep-down that he’s going to be a bum given that he was drafted by Pace and or the Bears organization!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m guessing that he’s serviceable at best. He has all the physical tools except for elite arm talent but one has to wonder why he never has been able to usurp the starting QB at any level.

He didn’t play qb until senior year in high scool, he couldn’t beat out the bum at North Carolina and didn’t beat out Glennon.

Those are the facts, all be it; the last one doesn’t really count as Fox wouldn’t have started a rookie regarldless of who it was, which was fucking stupid if you ask me. Fox tried at the end to basically not admit his failures by starting Glennon or someone with some sort of experience but if he was brighter her might have tried to start the young one from day one, which might have made it harder to fire him but I digress.

I think he’s got the talent to end up being serviceable. I mean, take Fitzpatrick for example. No team has thought of him as the answer and has gotten rid of him everywhere he went but the guy is a professional. He’s put up pretty good numbers for the most part.

My point is, if you give someone enough time in a good system. Then they’ll end up being better than average especially given his physical tools. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the best qb’s are far better the older they get. The best qb’s in the league are all older than 35.

I’m just scared that the guy who picked Trubisky was Pace, the same guy who brought in Glennon and said he was a great player. Forget the money, I think that was more of spending the minimum cap money. I watched Tampa as I live in Tampa and I can tell you Glennon stinks as a QB and has zero physical talent.

I hope he will be great but I feel deep-down that he’s going to be a bum given that he was drafted by Pace and or the Bears organization!

^^^^zero understanding of college recruiting politics

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Regardless of tools, the Bears as a franchise have no idea what they are doing. Look at KC. They have a pretty good QB in Alex Smith. What do they do? They draft a QB in the 1st round to sit behind him and learn for a season. That same QB is dominating right now all while they trade Smith and get some draft picks out of it.

The Bears should have drafted a QB high (1st/2nd round) about 3 seasons ago when Cutler was still around. The last QB the Bears drafted before Trubisky was Fales in the 6th round in 2014! This is incompetence at the extreme.

The Bears 3 previous first round picks before Trubisky were Kyle Fuller, Kevin White, and Leonard Floyd. Is anyone gonna miss any of them? You need to give a rookie QB a chance to learn from the sidelines and the film room all while learning how to prepare and train as a NFL QB. Preferably you want to do this while you have an entrenched starter that can take the spotlight away from that QB to do all that behind the scenes. Cutler was average at best but he was entrenched and here for the duration. What do the Bears do? Draft a QB only after they don't have a starter on the roster forcing that QB to play way sooner than he should have.

This is why the Bears are the Bears and I drink.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The Bears have given Trubs everything they can from coaching and system to a good group of pass catchers and a good run game and defense. If Trubs fails it is on him and him alone. I kinda blamed the Bears for ruining Cutty but this time they have done everything right to build a young QB into a real QB. Did they pick the right QB is yet to be decided. IMO Trubs will be the guy we hoped for but it will take longer then expected.