Do You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Funny how half are people who can't see, and the other half are people who stop to look at their phone and don't realize they needed to move up.

All these gaps are explained fairly clear in the 'Rules of the Road' booklets. AND THEY COME IN ALL MAJOR LANGUAGES! You can't honestly call yourself a good driver, then set off chain reactions of added traffic. You get maybe one small whoopsie for every 2000-ish miles driven, and that should be fair human error. When you constantly cause issues on the road, maybe it's time you get a bus pass.

Makes me think a future where vast majority of cars are self-driven will actually be far safer and far more efficient.

People create most traffic because they drive like fucking idiots.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People who say 'See you next year' and act like they are being witty lol

It's the worst joke of all time

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my best George Carlin (RIP) voice, Self righteous hypocrites, self entitled fucks, judgemental fucks, phony self righteous christians, people that say God has a plan, dickhead nosy neighbors...that's it for now.

thanks

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

It's even worse when they are saying it out their window while driving, not staying in their lane and taking forever to respond to a green light change.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I said this leaving a final co-worker chat circle last week.
Now I am regretting it.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's even worse when they are saying it out their window while driving, not staying in their lane and taking forever to respond to a green light change.

I could go on for hours about driving pet peeves. everyone is awful.
Of course all the normal shit is annoying, but I have one in particular that I HATE, because it is senseless.

Driving down an interstate, and you get some jackass that drives next to you or slightly behind you in your blind spot no matter how fast or slow you go.
slow down to 65 in a 70, they slow. up to 79, they speed up.
Its like they are too lazy or stupid to check their speedometer or make their own decisions on speed.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I could go on for hours about driving pet peeves. everyone is awful.
Of course all the normal shit is annoying, but I have one in particular that I HATE, because it is senseless.

Driving down an interstate, and you get some jackass that drives next to you or slightly behind you in your blind spot no matter how fast or slow you go.
slow down to 65 in a 70, they slow. up to 79, they speed up.
Its like they are too lazy or stupid to check their speedometer or make their own decisions on speed.
this makes me murderous

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Grocery stores that keep the Potatoes next to the Onions.

I don't buy produce at a number of place that do, and I tell the managers about it, they don't GAF. Not exactly experts if they can't manage this one beginners course in grocery inventory keeping-level detail. Makes you second guess EVERYTHING. Or someone high up with zero knowledge on produce is designing the floor plans based on the idea that people buy complimentary items. Guess what, I simply don't buy *anything* from your store then, because it's worthless for me to buy a 5lb bag of potatoes for $2 from you that spoil in a week, when I can pay $2.50, and they last a month from someone who cares to store foods properly. And if I can't buy produce at your store(never is just this one thing, but if you look around, it's a series of serious storage errors) and trust it is kept correctly, then I'm not going trust you keep the other things correctly.

Ever wonder why something like a potato starts rotting after a few days, when they should store nicely for months(pending freshness)? Ever wonder why the insides of your onions are soggy after a week, when the same thing, they should store for an extended period of time? Ever buy garlic that is dry, peppers that should be white inside, but are decomposing and black, despite passing any normal person's ripeness checks? The list goes on and on.

Yeah, fucking grocery stores are to blame. Guess what, this also means they need to turn over inventory faster, so if you ever worked stocking these tedious care items and moving heavy sacks of fruit, they have to do it considerably more often now. Fucking A right that grinds my gears.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It's as if they pay some poor sap minimum wage and never properly train them.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It's as if they pay some poor sap minimum wage and never properly train them.
They pay them minimum wage and then force them to join a union and pay Union dues so in essence they earn less than minimum wage because of the Union.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They pay them minimum wage and then force them to join a union and pay Union dues so in essence they earn less than minimum wage because of the Union.

Where? I was in the grocery industry for 29 years and I am unaware of this practice. If they are a unionized shop, they are making more than minimum wage.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I only shop at grocery stores where the workers in the produce department have horticulture degrees.
I will not kid anyone on this board here. I had no idea a potato could wreak such havoc in that produce area! And onions! Holy shit, It's like they are the black widow of the produce section. Today was a learning experience for me and that does NOT grind my gears!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Please take my grocery store floor plans seriously. I'm white. And privileged.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Grocery stores that keep the Potatoes next to the Onions.

I don't buy produce at a number of place that do, and I tell the managers about it, they don't GAF. Not exactly experts if they can't manage this one beginners course in grocery inventory keeping-level detail. Makes you second guess EVERYTHING. Or someone high up with zero knowledge on produce is designing the floor plans based on the idea that people buy complimentary items. Guess what, I simply don't buy *anything* from your store then, because it's worthless for me to buy a 5lb bag of potatoes for $2 from you that spoil in a week, when I can pay $2.50, and they last a month from someone who cares to store foods properly. And if I can't buy produce at your store(never is just this one thing, but if you look around, it's a series of serious storage errors) and trust it is kept correctly, then I'm not going trust you keep the other things correctly.

Ever wonder why something like a potato starts rotting after a few days, when they should store nicely for months(pending freshness)? Ever wonder why the insides of your onions are soggy after a week, when the same thing, they should store for an extended period of time? Ever buy garlic that is dry, peppers that should be white inside, but are decomposing and black, despite passing any normal person's ripeness checks? The list goes on and on.

Yeah, fucking grocery stores are to blame. Guess what, this also means they need to turn over inventory faster, so if you ever worked stocking these tedious care items and moving heavy sacks of fruit, they have to do it considerably more often now. Fucking A right that grinds my gears.
I worked in the produce department at Hyvee during college for a couple of years. I was hungover AF for 75% of my shifts and I'll be honest, I was not really concerned with where the potatoes or onions were being put.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I worked in the produce department at Hyvee during for a couple of years. I was hungover AF for 75% of my shifts and I'll be honest, I was not really concerned with where the potatoes or onions were being put.
Well clearly, as you can see from @Crystallas' post. It's the high margins on sacks of potatoes, and not the alphabet, that puts the onions next to the potatoes.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I worked in the produce department at Hyvee during for a couple of years. I was hungover AF for 75% of my shifts and I'll be honest, I was not really concerned with where the potatoes or onions were being put.
So it was YOU ASSHOLE!