Do you like Boers and Bernstein?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Or waddle and silvy?

I like boers and Bernstein, hate Lawrence Holmes(cuck), waddle is cool, silvy is a Whiney bitch and my main bro Les Gorbstein is GOAT.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Of the radio shows available during the afternoon in Chicago, I think they're the best. I like Boers but I think Bernstein is a self-righteous prick. Bernstein is a smart guy with good knowledge and when he's not yelling at callers he can be very informative, but sometimes he's just insufferable and I have to turn off the radio.

Side note: I love the Spiegel and Goff show.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Of the radio shows available during the afternoon in Chicago, I think they're the best. I like Boers but I think Bernstein is a self-righteous prick. Bernstein is a smart guy with good knowledge and when he's not yelling at callers he can be very informative, but sometimes he's just insufferable and I have to turn off the radio.

You notice that literally Goff talks most of the show with Spiegel getting a few sentences in here n there? lol

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
B&B is great entertainment value. They screen callers and specifically let the idiots on air just so they can rip them to shreds and make soundbites out of the callers ridiculousness.

OP would definitely have a soundbite if he called in.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agree on Bernstein, Goff talks to much, can't stand him, he needs to take a breath and let Spiegal talk.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or waddle and silvy?

I like boers and Bernstein, hate Lawrence Holmes(cuck), waddle is cool, silvy is a Whiney bitch and my main bro Les Gorbstein is GOAT.

I don't listen to B&B much. I don't mind Waddle but can't stand Silvy.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chicago sports talk, always a good topic IMO.

I have moved Spiegal and Goff up to number one on my list as well. They have a very good vibe. I still listen to B and B but I find myself listening to more of Spiegal and Goff because the whole smartest guy in the room things gets old. I like Jurko for his breakdowns of line play and NFL football.

How about some of the guests?

Hub is hit and miss for me.
Greg Gabriel is fossil. He says a lot of ridiculous stuff. I recall him bashing Lovie for always wanting a new safety every year from the scouts. 1. Every team is always looking for DBs 2) The scouts didn't find a decent pair after Mike Brown until they finally got Major and Conte.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Abbatacola is an uncomfortable listen. Just a completely unpleasant person with no idea how to engage in on-air conversation. Not sure why he's ever allowed out from behind the glass.

Its funny to me that both sports stations are now hyping their "broadcast media schools" as a way to get into the business...then you see guys like Fred Huebner remain on the air for 15+ years and think "what jobs are out there for these students"?

There is a reason why Goff is the one that got a show.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
How about some of the guests?

Hub is hit and miss for me.
Greg Gabriel is fossil. He says a lot of ridiculous stuff. I recall him bashing Lovie for always wanting a new safety every year from the scouts. 1. Every team is always looking for DBs 2) The scouts didn't find a decent pair after Mike Brown until they finally got Major and Conte.

I loved Big Cat Williams during his time with the Bears, but he's a horrible radio hit. Just spouts the same platitudes and cliches that every other athlete does. I don't learn a thing from him.

Agreed on Gabriel.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved Big Cat Williams during his time with the Bears, but he's a horrible radio hit. Just spouts the same platitudes and cliches that every other athlete does. I don't learn a thing from him.

Agreed on Gabriel.

Big Cat needs to go, Olin is good but would be much better with a different partner.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
They were very entertaining during the Trestman debacle years and they're entertaining when the Bears are bad (which is most of the time).

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were very entertaining during the Trestman debacle years and they're entertaining when the Bears are bad (which is most of the time).

Mully and Hanley gained A lot of respect from me by being early Emery doubters.

Last edited:

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I absolutely despise the social justice warrior aspect of Bernstein and more importantly his hypocrisy. And his 'bum slaying' - stands on the soapbox but refuses to engage with people who would tear apart his positions. Instead they let the mouth breathers on.

But it's like a relative or friend whose politics you can't stand. As long as they shut the fuck about those topics, you enough their company.

If we subtract the sjw shit, the show is quite funny and I love it when Drinky throws shit back in his face.

I've actually gotten to know Dan a bit. His son plays in the same hockey league as my kids and I've chatted with him a number of times at various games/tournaments. Actually a VERY nice guy in person.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bernstein's worst characteristic is the low regard he holds animal life in. If he's just trolling about that, then I guess he's an ok guy. I hate that he thinks he knows anything about football, because he doesn't. His topics are the NBA and baseball saber metrics.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
B&B is great entertainment value. They screen callers and specifically let the idiots on air just so they can rip them to shreds and make soundbites out of the callers ridiculousness.

OP would definitely have a soundbite if he called in.
Def. B and B is hilarious

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Terry's return yesterday instantly made the show 500% more listenable. When it's Rozner, Abbatacola, or whatever warm body they can find to make occasional comments in between Bernstein's rants, it gets really bad, but Terry tempers Bernstein's dictatorial side somewhat and lightens the mood. He also made me lol (actually laugh out loud) a couple of times, which is a couple more than I've done in the whole time he was out.