Do you like Boers and Bernstein?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That's a terrible sign...when they made the announcement last month they said it would be January 5th...

What are they saying is the reason?

Haven't heard anything about a reason, but today is just the final B & B show. Boers will be on January 5th to do his final radio show, sounds like he'll fly solo for that one.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wonder what this show is going to sound like with Boers around. I certainly haven't listened as long as others, but Boers always seemed like the real star of this broadcast.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haven't heard anything about a reason, but today is just the final B & B show. Boers will be on January 5th to do his final radio show, sounds like he'll fly solo for that one.
Got ya

I wonder what this show is going to sound like with Boers around. I certainly haven't listened as long as others, but Boers always seemed like the real star of this broadcast.
He was the guy that tempered Bernstein and really the funny one of the two.

The show without him will sound a lot like the Bernstein and Abbatacola show....

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ah, Despertardo; you may be gone, but your threads live on.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm gunning for a Zwaski and Bernstein show.. all hockey radio talk only

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes please!

Bummed that I missed the last B&B show though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bernstein doesn't know hockey. He knows NBA and baseball saber metrics. They should pair him with Goff. That way all the NBA and White Sox garbage can be consolidated into the same show, making it more easily avoidable.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rosenbloom

I continue to find it bizarre how someone with that much mouth phlegm can be on the radio. Every time he pronounces the letter "c" my eyes water. A voice for print if ever there was one.

Reactions: 1ke

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I continue to find it bizarre how someone with that much mouth phlegm can be on the radio. Every time he pronounces the letter "c" my eyes water. A voice for print if ever there was one.

He doesn't have much to offer, he is on some Saturday mornings and will welcome callers with a hearty "welcome to the suckage" At least he knows.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
A gift I got made me consider, which had I been listening to these ending shows I'd know. Does who you crappin'? Stay or does that segment get retired?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
A gift I got made me consider, which had I been listening to these ending shows I'd know. Does who you crappin'? Stay or does that segment get retired?

Bernstein basically said it was going on hiatus or indefinite leave for now.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
By the way...article in the Trib confirms Boers is battling cancer of the jaw.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw a picture of him taken at his farewell show and his cheek/jaw on one side was noticebly larger than the other side.

I wonder how Terry being gone now will effect that time slot's ratings.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I saw a picture of him taken at his farewell show and his cheek/jaw on one side was noticebly larger than the other side.

I wonder how Terry being gone now will effect that time slot's ratings.

Depends who they replace him with. You have a lot of dedicated WSCR listeners to that slot. Plus, Spring Training starts in a month and WSCR has the Cubs so that will help bouy them for a while. I would imagine you'd see some natural attrition but it's not like ESPN is really offering anything new or comforting to really pull long time Boers listeners to ESPN. I would imagine the ratings would stay somewhat the same really. ESPN might pick up some shares but it will really be due to people not tuning into WSCR at that slot because Boers is gone...not because they jumped to AM1000. Basically, ESPN will just pick up some shares of a smaller pie.