Do You Really Want Albert Pujols On The Cubs?

Do You Really Want Albert Pujols On The Cubs?

• Total voters

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awwww...... Pujols will never be a Cub.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Pujols will stick with StL which would help the Cubs more than if he signed with the Cubs, they would be much better off signing 2 or more solid players, see the Fielder/ Johnson discussion. As we have seen often times it’s the role players that make the difference.

With Pujols being signed, the Cards would have their balls in a vice financiallyand would not be able to fill in the roster with those role players.

With that being said I feel the Cubs are more prepared to withstand the financial blow that signing Pujols would create. The issue is the fact that you really don’t know how willing Ricketts would be to absorb such a financial shock. I don't believe Ricketts would do that. thats why I still see Pujols singing with the Cards

exactly what i have been trying to say

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's what I've said several times now.. No matter which way it really helps the Cubs.. cards bring him back and they can't make many other moves..

He goes to the AL.. he's not in our division.

He comes here.. BTW the Cubs can afford him.. Think about it hypothetically.. Cub fans would go insane on the Pujols merchandise.. Remember right after we got Soriano? It seemed like 3/4 of the fans at games had Soriano shirts/jerseys.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
That's what I've said several times now.. No matter which way it really helps the Cubs.. cards bring him back and they can't make many other moves..

He goes to the AL.. he's not in our division.

He comes here.. BTW the Cubs can afford him.. Think about it hypothetically.. Cub fans would go insane on the Pujols merchandise.. Remember right after we got Soriano? It seemed like 3/4 of the fans at games had Soriano shirts/jerseys.

Basically what I said earlier. We win from this no matter what.

Last edited:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know this was discussed a couple pages back but I worry about the rivalry factor. If he goes to the Cubs, the reaction will be like when Favre went back to Lambeau. There's gonna be at least a few teams in the mix and even if the Cubs are offering 32 a year compared to someone else's 30, I wonder if that's enough for Pujols to ruin his image to St Louis fans forever.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I know this was discussed a couple pages back but I worry about the rivalry factor. If he goes to the Cubs, the reaction will be like when Favre went back to Lambeau. There's gonna be at least a few teams in the mix and even if the Cubs are offering 32 a year compared to someone else's 30, I wonder if that's enough for Pujols to ruin his image to St Louis fans forever.

Maybe, maybe not. Just hope that nobody blames Hendry if he simply doesn't want to come here.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Its not gonna be Jimbo's fault if Pujols doesn't wanna come here.

Jim better make it clear that Pujols wouldn't come so I don't have to hear people calling for his head for not getting him.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jim better make it clear that Pujols wouldn't come so I don't have to hear people calling for his head for not getting him.

There isn't anything about it that way. If Pujols has no interest in coming here.. There's no need from our side saying there was.

All there is to it.