Not open for further replies.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Is that really a serious question? To start you were consuming over 30 grams of fiber in one sitting. Aside from that, that's not a huge amount of calories. Your overall caloric intake was a deficit. You will not, and cannot lose energy while in a energy surplus. It is impossible, and has been shown repeatedly in scientific literature.

Of course it's serious. 100% serious.

I was eating 3 things on rotation, pretty much every day for lunch because I subscribed to this low-calorie diet concept. Mostly half a tuna sandwich, 2 hard boiled eggs, or a California roll. Even when I rarely over-ate(doubled my lunches) the caloric intake was half of the bananas. The bananas are about 1000 calories just for lunch, one of 4 meals) Where the other stuff was about 200-300 calories for that meal. Without any doubt, I added more calories and did not exercise more. This part is not even debatable. The fiber intake helps, there is no doubt, but the fact here that I'm focusing on is the increase in calories.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I was eating 3 things on rotation, pretty much every day for lunch because I subscribed to this low-calorie diet concept. Mostly half a tuna sandwich, 2 hard boiled eggs, or a California roll. Even when I rarely over-ate(doubled my lunches) the caloric intake was half of the bananas. The bananas are about 1000 calories just for lunch, one of 4 meals) Where the other stuff was about 200-300 calories for that meal. Without any doubt, I added more calories and did not exercise more. This part is not even debatable. The fiber intake helps, there is no doubt, but the fact here that I'm focusing on is the increase in calories.

Inb4 scientifically unpossibal...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Another hard question, were juicing threads this gangsta b4 cbmb netizens showed up?

Last edited:

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:

You ate less calories through the rest of the day. Your body will naturally do that when you consume calories like that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You may need to visit the mayo clinic so they can refuse to verify your results. :turtle:

There are plenty of competing diets and as far as I know, the mayo clinic has recognized a bit of everything to some degree. In my 20s, I was big into ketosis based diets, and they worked... until I hit my 30s and my body changed. Pretty much everything I believed about nutrition in my 20s(and I was a douchey know it all in my early 20s, not quite the elite level of assholishness aka: being a realist), has changed 180 based on my own results and not someone selling me an idea. That's the beauty of the human body, science, and all things known and unknown. Everyone is different, and everyone has different results because everyone has different needs.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You ate less calories through the rest of the day. Your body will naturally do that when you consume calories like that.

Nope. I already said that I only changed one meal. Actually, I might I eat more overall(and not counting lunch) than I did before.

and *edit*

I am not bullshitting you, to give you a hard time, or to fuck with anyone. I'm being as honest as I can get here.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Its not the flavor that bugs me. Just the endless chewing. Maybe im just lazy.

With eating kale straight up, I find adding lemon juice makes it fucking amazing. Maybe that's just me. Just plain, I'll barely get through a salad bowl worth. Add lemon juice, and I'll eat like 3 bowls. Kale is definitely a very punishing green to eat by itself.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Nope. I already said that I only changed one meal. Actually, I might I eat more overall(and not counting lunch) than I did before.

No you don't. You suck at tracking actual caloric intake. Most people do. We see it in research all the time. You cannot lose weight in a caloric surplus. No matter how much you want to sit and argue it, that's the reality.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think I've ever met anyone who eats kale by itself.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
No you don't. You suck at tracking actual caloric intake. Most people do. We see it in research all the time. You cannot lose weight in a caloric surplus. No matter how much you want to sit and argue it, that's the reality.

So research produces errors? Maybe your research has some errors too?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sitting, and arguing a topic with you would be our best chance of seeing eye to eye, no?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't think I've ever met anyone who eats kale by itself.

It's not that great. But I have.

Man, I'm full of stories today. In my army days, we were deployed for a month in Taiwan for whatever diplomatic training thing that the US and Taiwan does. The small deuce (truck with no suspension and a wooden bed) convoy that was transporting our food busted an axle, went into a ditch and a weeks worth of boxed and canned food was just destroyed as it spilled over. It took about 4 days until we finally got a meal. But in the meantime all these survivalist guys were happy as shit. Instead of carrying out a training mission, we spent almost the whole time gathering food off the training grounds. Talk about dull tasting and very chewy foods LOL. And fun fact, IIRC, the city we trained near was also called "The Windy City" and it was pretty damn windy there.

malcore

Hsinchu! I watched fishermen there tease and torture an octopus. Fun times.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
No, people are terrible at tracking calories. Even worse at estimating them. You aren't special.

Okay, so as I forecasted. I'm just wrong and that's it. And not only am I wrong, so are many(tens of thousands) others around the world that they don't know how to count calories. I'll let them all know. Do you have any advise for all of these stupid people?

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Okay, so as I forecasted. I'm just wrong and that's it. And not only am I wrong, so are many(tens of thousands) others around the world that they don't know how to count calories. I'll let them all know. Do you have any advise for all of these stupid people?

Ya, sign up for a university study where calories are controlled and see how much you actually consume. Or just learn how to read and understand peer reviewed research. If that's too much read the literature reviews of people like Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Eric Helms... etc. The shit isn't complicated. There is no biological process that allows the body to lose energy in an energy surplus, or store energy in an every deficit. This has been known for literally decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.