Does anyone here "juice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice. I hate that I'd have to spend hundreds of bucks on one of these space age blenders. My blender I have is just a cheap one; all it can do is mix protein powder into skim milk. Sometimes I'll throw some blueberries in there and it doesn't even smooth them out, there are still little pieces in there, so I'm sure there's no way it could make carrots into a drink.

You would be amazed by the fancy ones, but its not like you have to have one. A couple quick pulses and that shit is liquefied. I would bet that introduces less oxygen, but i'm just speculating.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Further, it is a fact that some compounds are more readily deposited as fat than others. And excess of glucose will yield a higher amount of lipids than than amino acids for example.

Non of which is relevant in a hypocaloric environment. Your body cannot store energy in a energy deficit nor will it burn more than it needs to. There are very obvious evolutionary reasons for this.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
I've kept quiet for too long here.

The reason why you intake more calories and lose fat, is because you are providing nutrients that are important to different glands. Your body is actually burning more calories because you are increasing the activity within your body in more than one way. The first and most common is digestive thermogenesis, the second is the metabolic hierarchy that is primarily regulated by the thyroid, which is glandular thermogenesis.

When you're feeding your body the nutrients that it needs, your conscious activity doesn't have to increase for your body to burn more calories.

TEF wouldn't be relevant in this case. Protein consumption and alcohol consumption would make it more relevant but it's really negligible in terms of energy. More in terms of body composition.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
TEF wouldn't be relevant in this case. Protein consumption and alcohol consumption would make it more relevant but it's really negligible in terms of energy. More in terms of body composition.

Then what is the explanation for all of the success stories behind people who do nothing but replace a low-calorie diet with a high calorie fruit diet? The sheer amount of non-sponsored non-product testimonials is overwhelming. If it were just a handful of people, anyone could call bullshit on them and sweep it under the rug. Heck, I lost about 10lbs by replacing my low-carb low-calorie lunch for 10 banana's every day over the last 3 months. Given the holidays, I should have gained fat like every other year. How do I ignore my own results? Do I just admit to being wrong, claim my scale is broken, and live with the fact that I must be an idiot?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Did the water absoprtion of the pectin from bananas get you constipated? Honest question. I ask because I used to include them in my weekly fruit/veg regimen but had to cut them out for reasons stated. (At this point, all I eat during the week is kale [with cilantro -- thumbs up], walnuts, carrots, tomatoes, apples, oranges, grapes, pineapple, canteloupe, and ramen -- then eat what I want on the weekends).

I am like a fiber-hater in recovery -- I shit like 8 times a day, literally. Fear/threat of colorectal cancer does that to you.

*Edit: Also, on Botfly's recommendation, we bought some Chia seeds for our salads

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm confused. But I think I'm going with botfly. At least he professionally is accountable for his science and is nice about it.

Plus, blending raw fruits/veg makes me feel better than arguing about putting a pizza in a blender. I appreciate the mouth feel of pizza unblended.

RosettaStoned

Liked Posts:
Then what is the explanation for all of the success stories behind people who do nothing but replace a low-calorie diet with a high calorie fruit diet? The sheer amount of non-sponsored non-product testimonials is overwhelming. If it were just a handful of people, anyone could call bullshit on them and sweep it under the rug. Heck, I lost about 10lbs by replacing my low-carb low-calorie lunch for 10 banana's every day over the last 3 months. Given the holidays, I should have gained fat like every other year. How do I ignore my own results? Do I just admit to being wrong, claim my scale is broken, and live with the fact that I must be an idiot?

Is that really a serious question? To start you were consuming over 30 grams of fiber in one sitting. Aside from that, that's not a huge amount of calories. Your overall caloric intake was a deficit. You will not, and cannot lose energy while in a energy surplus. It is impossible, and has been shown repeatedly in scientific literature.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You may need to visit the mayo clinic so they can refuse to verify your results. :turtle:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why are Eskimos so cancer, heart disease free on a diet of saturated fat? Should I juice whale blubber?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why does RS call people retards and give so much stalwart advice about nutrition on a mesageboard without malpractice insurance? I am asking hard questions here, people!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
are you a pro nutrition scout/analyst/journalist?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Did the water absoprtion of the pectin from bananas get you constipated from the bananas? Honest question. I ask because I used to include them in my weekly fruit/veg regimen but had to cut them out for reasons stated.

Actually, I did a strict raw food diet for 3 months a few years ago. Why I stopped, was due to the carrots giving me mild constipation(actually, I stopped because it was fucking hard to keep up, and turned me into one of those vegan cult douchebags when other people offered me food). But I learned from another raw food diet guru that carrots and ripeness is very tricky, thats why they are best juiced with other laxative producing fruits.

Long story short, yes to your question (at first). But then I realized where ripeness comes into play. Once I stopped eating slightly green and clean-yellow bananas, and understood the spotted bananas had the best ripeness, that fixed everything. Plus I rarely consume standard sugar, only 100% cane sugar(no beet blends). I use xylitol sparingly with tea, and that is a mild laxative. I've been consuming xylitol as a sugar replacement for about 10 years now, and as long as you understand to use it sparingly, you will notice quite a few weird 'balancers' that it will contribute with in a diet. Like being a very mild laxative, slightly helps your body regulate certain acids that destroy mineral intakes. And to that fact, it even helps with the potassium being better stored and regulated. We're talking about a small improvement, but when you add up EVERY little thing, it makes a huge difference. Heck, it's not even adding up, what occurs is more of a multiplier effect.

malcore

"the mouth feel of pizza unblended"

Sounds like a giallo film by Lucio Fulci.

#dennismillerhealing

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, I lied.

I just want to reiterate that I was never tryin to claim shakes are some kind of miracle or even trying to promote weight loss or anything.

Again, was just saying it is a really convenient way to get a fast, healthy, and nutritious meal in (assuming you add protein power and other shit). For me, it was a big deal to start eating them for breakfast because before, I didn't eat anything and it was fuckin my whole day up energy wise. So for me, thats all. No magic. Just convenience and lifestyle change.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
sidebar: my older sister, after her freshman year of college, went on a "carrot" diet and ended up turning literally orange for a summer

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also makes it so I can eat 4 bunches of Kale a week without feeling like it takes an hour to chew my meal.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One time my wife made vegan chocolate mousse by soaking chia seeds and then blending them with coco and other shit. Shit was so nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.