dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace has stuck pretty much to BPA in the first so far to date, agree? I think most would say Ridley is not top 10.

I could be wrong, but I don't see Pace reaching for a position of need.

Maybe I just have a sour taste in my mouth from White.

It's just that there's so much farther to go in this evaluating of these kids process. We haven't even hit the scouting combine yet where things changes for these GM's and for us fans. Some positions the combine doesn't change much, for me anyway but some the combine definitely change things and WR is up there with these kids. Ridley is no doubt the top WR in this draft and we desperately need WR's so i wouldn't count anything out this early. The fans don't know close to as much about any of these kids in the draft that the scouts and GM's do so for any of us to say we know what Pace or any GM thinks about any of these kids is crazy to me cause it's impossible for any of us to know.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Maybe they are tagging and then trading him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whether you wanted Landry or not this hurts the Bears.

The market becomes tighter and more competive.

Now we have a GM who has struggled to land his top targets, who has struggled at the WR position, in a smaller more expensive talent pool. Not good.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Exactly what I thought. The beginnings of FA always look better than what they eventually become. Same thing every year.

Last year was great. Alshon was a steal for philly. I was hoping landry would be a steal for the bears and give the bears a philly like renaissance. Oh well. 7-9 here we come.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Ewwwwww no thanks. We can do better and get guys that actually want to play in Chicago for the Chicago Bears.

Not really. Players don't want to play for the bears. Alshon walked and got a good contract mid season plus a SB. There are now reports that fuller wont be coming back. Why do players not want to stay? I hope the mccaskeys look in the mirror and figure this out. I hate watching studs leave but it's starting to become commonplace with the bears.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace has stuck pretty much to BPA in the first so far to date, agree? I think most would say Ridley is not top 10.

I could be wrong, but I don't see Pace reaching for a position of need.

Maybe I just have a sour taste in my mouth from White.

I could argue that every one of Pace’s 1st round picks was at a position of need.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Whether you wanted Landry or not this hurts the Bears.

The market becomes tighter and more competive.

Now we have a GM who has struggled to land his top targets, who has struggled at the WR position, in a smaller more expensive talent pool. Not good.

You were so confident that the Dolphins couldn't franchise him. Now what?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, he was considered BPA at the time. He went where most people had him ranked. There was even some people who had him ranked hire then Cooper.

He might have been the best wr available after cooper was gone but not BPA. That was a need pick and pace needed to replace marshall after trading him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He might have been the best wr available after cooper was gone but not BPA. That was a need pick and pace needed to replace marshall after trading him.

Yes he was BPA.

The only other players that were close was Gurley (coming off of an ACL and Beasly.

And every pundit and draftnik had White ahead of them and many had him as a top 5 lock.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Per @ProFootballTalk, the #Dolphins decision to franchise Jarvis Landry at the start of the period to tag players is "being interpreted as a desire" by Miami to potentially trade him.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Glad he was franchised as I wanted no part of him here. But it will negatively effect us with FA wr as we will now most likely have to overspend for lesser skilled players. Robinson is critical now if he gets out of Jax untagged. He’s the only one I would overpay for.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Yes he was BPA.

The only other players that were close was Gurley (coming off of an ACL and Beasly.

And every pundit and draftnik had White ahead of them and many had him as a top 5 lock.

Mock drafts are mostly based on what teams will draft and not what they should. Many mocks have ridley going 8 to the bears. Not because he should drafted at 8 but that is what will likely happen.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mock drafts are mostly based on what teams will draft and not what they should. Many mocks have ridley going 8 to the bears. Not because he should drafted at 8 but that is what will likely happen.

I think you’d have a better argument with either Trubisky or Floyd.