Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if the Sox don't get him, I wouldn't mind them going after Headley. As long as it doesn't cost much. He's still better than anyone the Sox have.

Seriously, Headley is worth way, way more than Youk.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seriously, Headley is worth way, way more than Youk.

I'd also somewhat rather have Headley. Just don't want to give up too much. I don't even know what the Padres want in order to put a scenario together.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We do? How do we know he was after Youkie for sure?

Because plenty of sources have said that White Sox were at least talking to the Red Sox. That's something that basically everyone credible agrees on.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not trying to troll -- just honestly curious...how much to Sox fans think Youk can help? I mean, I know 3b is the black hole position in all of Chicago...but is Youk the piece that puts you over the top? Or just slightly improves the team and the fans expect more trades?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not trying to troll -- just honestly curious...how much to Sox fans think Youk can help? I mean, I know 3b is the black hole position in all of Chicago...but is Youk the piece that puts you over the top? Or just slightly improves the team and the fans expect more trades?

I personally think that he'd be great in the 2 hole for the Sox because of epic OBP.

If the Sox could get Youkilis, I'd be more comfortable with them giving up Rios to get Lincecum because there were rumors of that trader earlier this year.

The addition of Youkilis to the offense could mean that the Sox wouldn't die by giving up some offense to get pitching.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well since the the sox 3b is the worst OPS in baseball he helps.

still need a starter

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
My opinion of Brian Sabean would sink even lower than it already is if that was actually discussed.

As far as Headley goes, I don't see how his value isn't high given that he is two years away from free agency, can play multiple positions well, and has pretty damn good production in one of the worst places to hit in baseball.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My opinion of Brian Sabean would sink even lower than it already is if that was actually discussed.

As far as Headley goes, I don't see how his value isn't high given that he is two years away from free agency, can play multiple positions well, and has pretty damn good production in one of the worst places to hit in baseball.

And that's why I want him. Lol.

But I know that it'll be tough to get the Padres to let him go. Too bad the Sox don't have any prospects or good major league talent to give up for him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Because plenty of sources have said that White Sox were at least talking to the Red Sox. That's something that basically everyone credible agrees on.

Wouldn't be the first time a GM let out Misinformation

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be the first time a GM let out Misinfirmation

Okay, sure. But that's not very often and since everybody is saying that there were serious talks, I think you're reaching a little by saying that KW shouldn't get credit for trying.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
youk pulled in the 7th and mobbed by teammates. speculation he was traded. stay tuned.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was the tweet:
Youkilis triples, then gets pinch-run for. Tips cap, hugs all-around from teammates and curtain call. A sign this is it for him with ‪#RedSox

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah that's my guess. Since the Red Sox really wanted to trade him to the NL. But you never know as KW could have overwhelmed with an offer that the RS could not decline.

I'm not saying that's what happen, but it is possible.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Okay, sure. But that's not very often and since everybody is saying that there were serious talks, I think you're reaching a little by saying that KW shouldn't get credit for trying.

For doing his job? When did this all start? Was it around affirmative action?

Status
Not open for further replies.