Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd really like to know what the offer is considering that there are some medical issues.

Then again, I'd rather have an injury prone Youk than an injury prone Morel. I'm having last minute doubts here. Just hope it pays off.

I'd rather have healthy lillibridge Escobar than injured anyone

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am also thinking that the reliever might be santiago and not thornton. Only guys who didnt play tonight: bruney, santiago, escobar, flowers, danks.

Bruney was warming up to start the ninth so for all practical purposes hes probably not the guy either

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The White Sox still seem to be the clear favorites. As of last night, talks have picked up but no deal is immiment.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Latest update from Ken Rosenthal

Interesting quotes from this largely non-update:
The White Sox’s pursuit of Red Sox infielder Kevin Youkilis is more advanced than any other club’s and could be approaching the final stages, according to a major-league source.
Youkilis’ past physical issues will make an exchange of medical records critical.
The Red Sox are willing to include about $5 million of the nearly $8 million remaining on Youkilis’ contract in the trade, sources said. The more the Sox pay, the better the player — or players — they will receive.
Most rival scouts and executives believe that Youkilis could provide a short-term jolt if traded — he is unhappy with the Red Sox, and should be highly motivated to succeed.

Those same baseball people, though, express concerns over Youkilis’ health, offensive decline and diminished mobility.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If they pay $5 million is be pretty happy on that front

bookiepriest

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they are willing to pay the White Sox 5 million to take him towards his 8 million there's more to that story.

Either that or the Red Sox are looking for weak players in compensation, which means they are just trying to unload him.

His numbers have declined since '09. There could be an underlying medical issue ( Jake Peavy) where you have to sit this guy for an extensive period of time to get him healed up.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Red Sox backed out of Sox original offer and may have screwed themselves by doing that because they aren't getting the offers they want from other teams.

Still 5 teams in the hunt for him.

If it's a Sox reliever, PTBNL, and the Red Sox pay 5 mil I'd say that's not a bad price to pay to take a chance on him.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
ChicagoFan can you provide a link?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Youk in BOS lineup today. So nothing close right now. That could change quickly

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scary moment. Youk almost hurt his hand, but right after he gets checked out the ball is hit to him and he fielded the grounder just fine.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well if we dont get him we have to give KW props that he is trying to improve the team

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well if we dont get him we have to give KW props that he is trying to improve the team

And if the Sox don't get him, I wouldn't mind them going after Headley. As long as it doesn't cost much. He's still better than anyone the Sox have.

Status
Not open for further replies.