Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you get the youk from 2010 or 2011 yeah it's better than we have but to move a good player and hope his stays health, Iam not willing to take that chance. That's just me.

2010 and 2011 was last year and the year before...

He has been injured this year and hasn't played at his normal position and doesn't play every day or even close to that.

A change of scenery and playing every day could change that. And he'll be playing his natural position.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Stinks that he is out but Sox and I still have confidence
2. For the last time he was injured
Dews you are normally spot on as a Sox fan but as of late you've not been. You posted an article that basically says only smart Sox fans agree with you. Messages here too in the forums to the same effect

You are entitled to your opinion but as long as you bring no reasoning why the Sox will be better as a team this year. Not past two seasons you are going to get opinions that are different than yours

:obama:

how the fuck do you figure? Its 100% fact that casual fans dont catch on to the whole salary thing. This is fact that a casual fan will think what kenny says is true. "if you dont come we cant spend" When infact they can make deals and not not have to take on money....those are the more in depth fans that realize that.

no reasoning? sox are half a game out? where can they be if they didnt have the worst OPS in baseball at third base? but go ahead bitch and moan about how morel should be there etc etc blah blah blah

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it could change it. I agree. As long as the cost is minimal

And from the reports that have come out so far, the Sox aren't giving up that much for him.

I'm not saying to trade half the team for him or trade any prospects. I'm saying that right now the Red Sox realize they won't get much and the Sox can take advantage of that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Dews. You are going to say that an average hitting 3b who fields below average would have us up? Have you not watched the games this year? The horrible o hasn't really hurt us as much as awful d of Hudson has at 3b I believe

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And from the reports that have come out so far, the Sox aren't giving up that much for him.

I'm not saying to trade half the team for him or trade any prospects. I'm saying that right now the Red Sox realize they won't get much and the Sox can take advantage of that.

For me Thorton is too much unless the cash is right. He's the veteran glue of the bullpen imo

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dews. You are going to say that an average hitting 3b who fields below average would have us up? Have you not watched the games this year? The horrible o hasn't really hurt us as much as awful d of Hudson has at 3b I believe

You just love ripping O-Dawg yet defend trash like Morel.
happy0007.gif

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Doesn't matter if you score enough runs to make up for a defensive error. I think Youk for cheap helps the Sox win the division for sure.

For me Thorton is too much unless the cash is right. He's the veteran glue of the bullpen imo

I don't know about that. I'd miss him and it would affect the bullpen, but I won't be super mad if he leaves as long as it means the Sox have a serviceable 3B.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per ESPN Sportscenter communicating with ESPN Boston:

If he is going to get dealt it will be to the white sox....thats per espn boston.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal tweeted that it might be in final stages.

And then said that it's not a certainty because of injury.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep. something about medical records. hope he passes!

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd really like to know what the offer is considering that there are some medical issues.

Then again, I'd rather have an injury prone Youk than an injury prone Morel. I'm having last minute doubts here. Just hope it pays off.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
You should pick up Koyie Hill and see if Boston will take him, since they seem so eager to get rid of him :troll:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd really like to know what the offer is considering that there are some medical issues.

Then again, I'd rather have an injury prone Youk than an injury prone Morel. I'm having last minute doubts here. Just hope it pays off.

all it is from interpretation is the medical records for his previous injury. Team Doctors for the sox want to interpret all the info to make a decsion on this.

Look, if his medical records are up to par he will be on the white sox, if not he wont. trust the medical staff for this team, they are actually some of the better doctors in the league.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am also thinking that the reliever might be santiago and not thornton. Only guys who didnt play tonight: bruney, santiago, escobar, flowers, danks.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just Santiago? I don't think that would be enough for the Red Sox, but maybe.

I'd be happier giving him up compared to Thornton. As long as the amount of cash that the Red Sox suck up is high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.