Liked Posts:
I already see the threads in 2 weeks..

"Youkilis blows"
"Should the Sox release Youkilis?"
"We need a 3B now! Get it done Kenny!"

:rofl:

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

:lol:

I think it'll be somewhere in between. If (IF) the Sox actually get Youk and only have to give up Thornton, it would be a win for them since they barely have to pay anything for him anyway. Youk is probably not going to be as good as he used to be, but he'll still be (wait for it) serviceable, which is more than can be said for Sox 3B so far :lol:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think it'll be somewhere in between. If (IF) the Sox actually get Youk and only have to give up Thornton, it would be a win for them since they barely have to pay anything for him anyway. Youk is probably not going to be as good as he used to be, but he'll still be (wait for it) serviceable, which is more than can be said for Sox 3B so far :lol:

This is all that I've been saying.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

a cub fan that isnt dense in this thread. nice!

now can you teach some things to some of your cub fans.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I know I could...i dont consider myself an expert...thats for sure

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
tbo41fan is like the capt serious when it comes to baseball.

Except Im not mentally insane. :lol:

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
No shit. But you do realize that the Red Sox paying most of Youk's salary and only giving up Thornton is a steal.

Youk having a bad year is still loads better than Morel having a good year.

But defense matters so fucking much right? No. :turrible:

Your on crack if you think the deal is Thornton for youks.
A major league source told Levine there are a number of things that must be checked off for the White Sox to acquire Youkilis. That includes determining if Youkilis is better than any potential third baseman the team has in the organization and if the Red Sox are willing to absorb some or most of the $6 million that is still owed on Youkilis' contract, particularly if the player going to Boston is of blue-chip caliber.

If the Red Sox take a lesser-talented player they likely would expect the team acquiring Youkilis to pay a larger share of the contract.

The combined OPS (on-base plus slugging) of White Sox third basemen in 2012 is under .500 while the American League average OPS is .729.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A major league source told Levine there are a number of things that must be checked off for the White Sox to acquire Youkilis. That includes determining if Youkilis is better than any potential third baseman the team has in the organization and if the Red Sox are willing to absorb some or most of the $6 million that is still owed on Youkilis' contract, particularly if the player going to Boston is of blue-chip caliber.

If the Red Sox take a lesser-talented player they likely would expect the team acquiring Youkilis to pay a larger share of the contract.

The combined OPS (on-base plus slugging) of White Sox third basemen in 2012 is under .500 while the American League average OPS is .729.

:rolleyes:

bruce levine? really?

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
If you get the youk from 2010 or 2011 yeah it's better than we have but to move a good player and hope his stays health, Iam not willing to take that chance. That's just me.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Weird because the only real report that has come out says Thornton and a PTBNL.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would be too if i was scouting a player coming off of an injury. kind of dumb as it is obvious that he needs to play everyday

besides this year where he was injured and lost his job to middle brooks

the last 2 seasons:

.280 BA
.390 OBP
.898 OPS

please tell me who on the sox could even sniff that?

morel? nope(oh and not coming back for a while just for brett)
hudson? nope
Mcpherson? nope ( see .257/.347 in AAA)
Lillibridge? ummmm no!

I see some of you dont follow baseball all that well.

Lets also get over 2 facts:

1) Morel is hurt and is only doing conditioning and strengthing, no swinging the bat for 3 more weeks atleast.

2) LOL Josh Fields hasnt played in 2 years (ummm....there is a reason for that)

I find it amusing that some of you dont back up your claims to the dislike.

1. Stinks that he is out but Sox and I still have confidence
2. For the last time he was injured
Dews you are normally spot on as a Sox fan but as of late you've not been. You posted an article that basically says only smart Sox fans agree with you. Messages here too in the forums to the same effect

You are entitled to your opinion but as long as you bring no reasoning why the Sox will be better as a team this year. Not past two seasons you are going to get opinions that are different than yours

:obama:

Status
Not open for further replies.