Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If Morel was truly hurt all year the combination of Morel with a healthy power bat an superior D is in line with a declining and hurt Youkie.

I need to know how much cash is coming across since we are trading our best reliever at this point IMO

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Morel was truly hurt all year the combination of Morel with a healthy power bat an superior D is in line with a declining and hurt Youkie.

I need to know how much cash is coming across since we are trading our best reliever at this point IMO

:rofl: best reliever? haha! ok. Ever hear of a guy named addison reed?

KW got youk because josh fields wasnt ready to play in the MLB yet, ya know because he sucks and hasnt played MLB ball in 2 years.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just twittered back and forth with chris rongey. thornton still on the field as of right now. 98.5 pulled their report. either they did it because of it being pre mature or there is a different player involved. stay tuned

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
:rofl: best reliever? haha! ok. Ever hear of a guy named addison reed?

KW got youk because josh fields wasnt ready to play in the MLB yet, ya know because he sucks and hasnt played MLB ball in 2 years.

I've told you why he hasn't but perhaps the word injury is a tough one for you?

Yes, Thorton is better then Reed though I would rather have Reed then Thorton. You keep praising rookie closers til the hills come home. I'll go with veteran leadership. Thorton helps with salary off set but weakens the bullpen a ton and really we don't bolster the offense that much even if Youkie is >>>>>>>>>>>>> W.Sox 3b.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've told you why he hasn't but perhaps the word injury is a tough one for you?

Yes, Thorton is better then Reed though I would rather have Reed then Thorton. You keep praising rookie closers til the hills come home. I'll go with veteran leadership. Thorton helps with salary off set but weakens the bullpen a ton and really we don't bolster the offense that much even if Youkie is >>>>>>>>>>>>> W.Sox 3b.

you.are.clueless.

Josh Fields and stuffz.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
right tbo because in 40 games playing injured he cant comeback. go follow a sport you might have a thought about like soccer. please refrain from baseball talk.

Ill post where i want thanks

:umad:

Sent via Tapatalk on Droid RAZR MAXX

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
right tbo because in 40 games playing injured he cant comeback. go follow a sport you might have a thought about like soccer. please refrain from baseball talk.

Thought this was directed at me at first :shifty:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You & your Morel shit is :turrible:.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Capt, I'm still waiting for you to make a point and defend it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
so is Wade Boggs, want him too?

Look I get it, Youkie of the past would be great. But much like Hudson, Youkie I think is done. And his defense makes our overall defense worse. And this year he isn't hitting. And with that I am not sure he helps at all and with what we give up he's worse.

You keep bringing up Fields like I want his as plan A. He's like Plan C because of a few reasons. 1) He's a great glove man, 2) He looks to be past his injuries and can hit some. 3) He's cheap and wouldn;t distrupt the current team or the future in the minors one bit.

I really want Morel like the Sox do, but it could be he's hurt bad (still haven't seen a link on it but it could be) Second I think the Sox would be fine with Lilibridge at 3b. Actually Fields is Plan D because I would like to see McPhereson get a shot at 3b. All internal options.

So there's a defense. May not be one you agree with but says a lot more than most of your posts about how horrible someone is. Try it once, you might like it.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
I don't want him either let the dodgers have him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rick Hahn was just on Sox Weekly. He said that nothing was imminent. He also mentioned that typically when the Sox have made a move it wasn't what people were talking about. It was a pretty interesting interview overall on a lot of topics include famrz and stuffz, but there were very few specifics obviously.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That says the most. Kenny is a lot like Krause. Leaks don't happen

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Morel is better than Starlin Castro, Adam Dunn, Alfonso Soriano and Paul Konerko combined guys!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morel is better than Starlin Castro, Adam Dunn, Alfonso Soriano and Paul Konerko combined guys!

That may be an exaggeration :lol:

I think if the White Sox are (allegedly) giving up a no-longer-consistent over-the-hill LHP reliever for Youkilis AND his salary is paid for, that's a win for the South Side. But that also depends on whether Youk bounces back. He's got the eye and the on-base skills though. Couldn't hurt, especially if all you're giving up is a reliever and a scrub.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Kenny Rosenthal just said the White Soxs had a deal but the Red Soxs backed out. Said they want to send him to the NL.

and the soxs are gonna eat 5m of the 8m when they trade him.

FOX pregame is where he said this

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those are certainly interesting and direct statements about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.