Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outstanding! Well done KW! He has done his part, now let's hope Youk is motivated to show that he can still play!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
July 16th, Youk returns to Fenway but on our side. :buttrock:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the people saying the White Sox didn't get a good deal and that it's a terrible move and youk sucks:
anchorman.gif

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
From everything I've read, it's almost a no-risk move by KW...didn't give up hardly anything.

Even if it doesn't pan out, its worth the risk. Well done.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
From everything I've read, it's almost a no-risk move by KW...didn't give up hardly anything.

Well said...

Though it is interesting to see if Youk bats second the order of slow white guys from Youk-Dunn-Konerko. Can you say softball lineup? :troll:

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep. Great job by KW.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Props to Kenny. Giving up basically trash for a guy like Youk..no brainer.

I give Kenny alot of grief but at least he has a pair to do something bold.

Tazer4mvp

Liked Posts:
How can you say great trade yet, time will tell youk spends a lot of time on the DL or does not hit. How is it a great trade..we pretty much gave up nothing but youk still got to produce.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you say great trade yet, time will tell youk spends a lot of time on the DL or does not hit. How is it a great trade..we pretty much gave up nothing but youk still got to produce.
That is why you can say great trade. I think I would temper it and say good trade but that is semantics. The Sox gave up nothing on a guy that looks done right now. He has hit at an elite level as recently as last year. As is he is an offensive upgrade and defensive downgrade over what has been put out there so far. If he recaptures any of his former self it becomes a steal. As it is it is an upgrade for nothing. Good deal.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think he is done. shoulda waited for morel and stuffz

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think he is done. shoulda waited for morel and stuffz

I think it is safe to say that is what other teams think given the obvious needs of teams like the Indians, Dodgers, Pirates, etc. and the price the White Sox paid to get Youkilis.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it is safe to say that is what other teams think given the obvious needs of teams like the Indians, Dodgers, Pirates, etc. and the price the White Sox paid to get Youkilis.

Well now it's become clear that Lillibridge and pitcher is what Red Sox had their sights on anyway. So maybe there isn't complete truth in that.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well now it's become clear that Lillibridge and pitcher is what Red Sox had their sights on anyway. So maybe there isn't complete truth in that.
You really think that the Indians, Dodgers, or Pirates couldn't have topped that offer or that the Red Sox really love Lillibridge that much. Come on man.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's exactly what I said if you look at my post... Kenny did his job acquiring but now Youk has to do his job. The trade as in the transaction was outstanding, giving up a shit pitcher and a decent utility player for a potential middle of the lineup threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.