Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said they were done while Hudson not? Do you get anything right?

i never once fucking said dunn and peavy were done. NOT ONCE! dont put words in my mouth. me and 901 were the only ones here that supported dunn all through last year, the offseason and this year.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
i never once fucking said dunn and peavy were done. NOT ONCE! dont put words in my mouth. me and 901 were the only ones here that supported dunn all through last year, the offseason and this year.

I also knew that Dunn would bounce back! Power hitter in a hitters ballpark? Only makes sense that hed bounce back!

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Dews not man enough to return the apology

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I didn't think he was done. (punny) But I didn't exactly support him. I did think he would bounce back though.

Let's not throw around accusations bro.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting to hear what Cubs fans were taking little shots at this deal...

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Why so much hate, were all Sox fans here :)

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still waiting to hear what Cubs fans were taking little shots at this deal...

tbo did think the deal was crazy but he also admitted that he wasn't an expert.

As long as the Red Sox absorbed most of the remaining salary and the White Sox had to give up nothing more than scraps this was a clear win for the White Sox.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
tbo did think the deal was crazy but he also admitted that he wasn't an expert.

As long as the Red Sox absorbed most of the remaining salary and the White Sox had to give up nothing more than scraps this was a clear win for the White Sox.

I missed tbo calling the deal crazy, but he admits himself that his knowledge is somewhat limited to these things.

And the bolded is what everyone has said included myself, but it seems like Dews has taken umbrage with my statement that other teams think Youk is done given how little it cost the Sox to get him.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I missed tbo calling the deal crazy, but he admits himself that his knowledge is somewhat limited to these things.

And the bolded is what everyone has said included myself, but it seems like Dews has taken umbrage with my statement that other teams think Youk is done given how little it cost the Sox to get him.

I think there is some truth to that, plus the injury scare and the age couldn't have helped. I would probably say that teams wanted Youk on their squad but didn't want to give up anything due to the aforementioned factors. It may not be what truly happened, but it's not illogical.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But that's also why if this pays off, it's a great move.

low risk high reward situation.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that's also why if this pays off, it's a great move.

low risk high reward situation.

Exactly which is why I have said again and again how good of a move this is for the White Sox. The only thing I've stated is that given how little risk the White Sox are taking in this deal that tells me how little of chance other teams think this has at paying off.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Considering how little it cost, I'd almost call it a no-risk move :D

And that is my point about other teams views of Youk when they weren't willing to beat that package from the Sox.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I wasn't the one setting 24 as an over/under for Dunn Dews. I also don't recall saying Peacy was done either. Still waiting for you to man up my friend

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
How does Youk's option vest? Maybe his trade didn't force him to waive that option and that is part of the scare in trading for him.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And that is my point about other teams views of Youk when they weren't willing to beat that package from the Sox.

there was a tweet by someone earlier that mentioned the counter to that, that there were teams not ready yet and didnt seem as concerned as KW was with 3b. the tweet also notes that some of the teams were caught off gaurd how quickly things happened out of boston

Status
Not open for further replies.