Done Deal: White Sox Obtain Youkilis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think that the Indians, Dodgers, or Pirates couldn't have topped that offer or that the Red Sox really love Lillibridge that much. Come on man.

I'm just saying that it's not like the White Sox gave crap for him because he's absolutely done. Red Sox were interested in the Sox deal because of Lillibridge.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just saying that it's not like the White Sox gave crap for him because he's absolutely done. Red Sox were interested in the Sox deal because of Lillibridge.

The reason this is a good deal is how little the Sox gave up. Other teams had as pressing of a need for a right handed stick and they choose not to top that low offer from the Sox. You can interpret that however you want.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ya know we are .5 game ahead in first and if someone told me in march that on June 24 we would be .5 ahead in first I would have been estatic plus getting youk......i dont know why certain cub fans want to keep taking their little shots at this move. If it is because I troll you hard than thats pretty lame....I hope some of these posts are just some fans trying to troll me and not actual real thought.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
9k=
Jordan Danks will probably switch #'s with Youk.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
ya know we are .5 game ahead in first and if someone told me in march that on June 24 we would be .5 ahead in first I would have been estatic plus getting youk......i dont know why certain cub fans want to keep taking their little shots at this move. If it is because I troll you hard than thats pretty lame....I hope some of these posts are just some fans trying to troll me and not actual real thought.
Seriously who is taking shots? I hope you aren't referring to me who has had nothing but complimentary things to say about the deal for the Sox. All I am pointing out is the logical conclusion drawn from the available evidence.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said at the beginning of the year that if everything came together for the Sox, this could be a really good season. Adding Youk helps that and I was right.

I picked the White Sox to win the division when no one else did. And not because I'm a homer, but because I truly believed that this team could surprise people if everything came together and players who didn't hit at all last year actually did something this year.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
O-Dawg on Youk acquisition:

Escobar will see outfield time due to Lillibridge's departure. Hudson, meanwhile, handled the change with great class and dignity, after Williams praised him for the effort he put forth at an unknown defensive spot.

"If I was a GM, I'd make the same trade," said the 34-year-old Hudson. "I'm not the best third baseman over there, plus I'm not swinging the bat well, so definitely I'd make the same trade."

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Love the deal, I even have a Youk shirt already. And its not a Red Sox shirt, just a Youk shirt, so im all set :)

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beckham will still end up loving Youk in like 2 weeks. But I know him and Lillibridge were really good friends.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I dont think Hudson is "done" he will be a great asset of the bench.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Hudson off the bench. He can sub in for Beckham or Youk at times and be able to help give guys rest.

Tired of seeing Ventura go with the same guys every night. You can't do that for the entire season. Maybe the addition of Youk and the ability to use Hudson off the bench will help Ventura to give players some rest.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hudson can be DFAd at any point. Outside is 2b he can't play d and can't hit

Status
Not open for further replies.