Down On The Farm:Cubs Minors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
the way I read it made it seem like it was the year arbitration was earned. I could be wrong but the freezer immediately preceding season seems to indicate that to me.

The more than two but less than three makes me think it has to be the first of the three years before arbitration hits. It's part of the reason why Mike Fontenot was a Super Two.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more than two but less than three makes me think it has to be the first of the three years before arbitration hits. It's part of the reason why Mike Fontenot was a Super Two.

The 86 day s clause excludes people from super 2 status. the reason Castro or content got it or will get it is because they were in the top 22 percent of service time in players with 2 to 3 years of service time.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, both Castro and Fontenot had more than two years by the time they hit the year before arbitration, and also more than 86 days in their debut season (in Fontenot's case, he was called up in 2005, then down, then back up for good in 2007).

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another three strikeouts for Brett Jackson. Ick.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Iowa Cubs‏@IowaCubs

Tonights lineup: Jackson CF, Sappelt RF, Vitters 3B, Valbuena SS, Wright LF, Lalli 1B, Apodaca C, Hernandez 2B, De La Cruz RHP.

Rizzo not in lineup. Must mean he being called up :troll:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
miCubs‏@miCubs

Rafael Dolis gives up three-run walk-off HR to former I-Cubs outfielder Brad Snyder.

guess he not learning anything down there lol

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
So who wants to babysit so i can go to Chiefs game tonight to watch Baez? lol

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just got back from the Chiefs game. Baez is a STUD!! He hit 3 ropes and i mean ropes. 1st one was a rope into RF with runner at 2B and 2 outs. For some reason the coach sent home the runner and he was out by 10 ft. 2nd rope was into LF. 3rd Rope was in the 9th inning with 2 outs and he hit missle into the RCF gap and got an easy triple. I was really impressed by him tonight. Hopoefully we see him in couple of years at 3B

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did he look defensively at SS? The reports have been pretty promising so far about his defense. If Baez could handle SS or 2B that would make him a lot more valuable.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did he look defensively at SS? The reports have been pretty promising so far about his defense. If Baez could handle SS or 2B that would make him a lot more valuable.

He made 1 really nice play going into the hole and made a long throw to get runner by halve step. Arm didnt really impress me to much. He tried to come in on a slow roller and missed the ball. Was called IF hit. Was tough play. Made all the easy plays look easy though which was good. I think he be to big for SS in my opinion. I think he looks like 3B. Looks like a pure hitter though at the plate :)

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
3B is what has been talked about a lot, but man if he could handle 2B. That could be a special player if his bats continues to develop.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
3B is what has been talked about a lot, but man if he could handle 2B. That could be a special player if his bats continues to develop.

I wouldnt mine seeing him being a Uggla type of player.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Szczur is being placed on the DL with a strained knee according to Bleacher Nation. I know some people here had noticed he had been out of the lineup the past few days.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez range has been the problem. He can make great plays, but I think when he gets called up to AA or AAA, he'll play 3B. He's probably the future 3B for the Cubs. If he had range or if he can improve on his range, he can stick at SS.

But I have Castro at SS and Baez at 3B. I don't see Castro moving, especially if he keeps play defense like he is now.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baez range has been the problem. He can make great plays, but I think when he gets called up to AA or AAA, he'll play 3B. He's probably the future 3B for the Cubs. If he had range or if he can improve on his range, he can stick at SS.

But I have Castro at SS and Baez at 3B. I don't see Castro moving, especially if he keeps play defense like he is now.

Im actually starting to get confident when GB goes to Castro now :thinking:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot to ask last night how didconception look

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot to ask last night how didconception look

Looked alot better then last time i saw him. Still to many walks but kept ball out of middle of the plate. Nothing to get over happy about. I think he basically a Maholm type of pitcher. Be 4th, 5th SP type

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Conception can cut down the walks, he may be effective. He can stikeout pitchers and can get outs. In his last 3 starts, he has looked way better as he has a era in the 3's. I can't rememeber what it was in the 3's, but still not too bad compare to his start of the season/

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looked alot better then last time i saw him. Still to many walks but kept ball out of middle of the plate. Nothing to get over happy about. I think he basically a Maholm type of pitcher. Be 4th, 5th SP type

that is probably what ill end up being if he makes it. I think many fans got their hopes up when I saw the bonus that he received. but that was more due to the new cat coming then his actual talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.