Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And they moved him to RT. Although obviously a part of that was that they already had Taylor Decker.

To your point, NFL.com profile says Sewell is 6'5", 331 lbs, 33 1/4" arms, and 10 3/8" hands. In their summary paragraph, they mention he can have trouble protecting his edges when defenders get into his frame. As near as I can tell, that is one of the bigger concerns when it comes to arm length - defenders being able to get into the OT's frame and push them around. Consequently, that is then when they talk about needing good technique to keep that from happening.

What really irritates me though, from a consistency point of view, is that the NFL.com profile does not mention arm length specifically as a concern for Sewell. Not in the summary paragraph, not in the bullet points for weaknesses. It gets phrased as average body type and some stuff on various techniques.
Exactly. Sewel will be fine at RT because he's also stout unlike Radunz. Honestly, Sewel or Jenkins should be able to play either side because they're both Dancing bears with a lot of strength which can help counter being controlled by guys getting their hands on you. They'll both need reps. While Jenkins had good stats at LT he needs work on optimizing his traits to the position. He can drop from either side but was still better moving forward than back. Sewell is a lot more polished and why he deserved to go much sooner. Jenkins still has everything needed to do the job at a high level and has a greater ability to grow, upside, than others. That said, potential means you ain't done jack yet.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Sewel will be fine at RT because he's also stout unlike Radunz. Honestly, Sewel or Jenkins should be able to play either side because they're both Dancing bears with a lot of strength which can help counter being controlled by guys getting their hands on you. They'll both need reps. While Jenkins had good stats at LT he needs work on optimizing his traits to the position. He can drop from either side but was still better moving forward than back. Sewell is a lot more polished and why he deserved to go much sooner. Jenkins still has everything needed to do the job at a high level and has a greater ability to grow, upside, than others. That said, potential means you ain't done jack yet.
this is where castillo has to prove his worth...jenkins, ifedi and borom have plenty of talent to thrive in the nfl, its whether or not castillo can get them fundamentally sound and be consistent week in and week out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this is where castillo has to prove his worth...jenkins, ifedi and borom have plenty of talent to thrive in the nfl, its whether or not castillo can get them fundamentally sound and be consistent week in and week out.
He's experienced and I'd like to think so but Ifedi already was a RT tackle starter before the Bear and failed at G. The other guys have played at usual levels except perhaps Mustpher who was competent but far from special. We'll know more after some games.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aren't the rookie contracts pretty much set based on draft #? Does position play into it?
Pardon my ignorance. If so, isn't this topic kinda moot as it should be known how much they'll cost.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Aren't the rookie contracts pretty much set based on draft #? Does position play into it?
Pardon my ignorance. If so, isn't this topic kinda moot as it should be known how much they'll cost.

That is basically correct. I believe the value for the first 4 years of the contract are essentially set by draft position. There isn't really much wiggle room, but there may be some within the rookie compensation pool. I think some of the other aspects are how much is guaranteed, offsets, workout bonuses, etc.

Then, for 1st round picks, the 5th year option value is determined by the position the guy plays. I believe there is a big difference between top 10 and 11-32, so Fields is likely a bit screwed to be a qb at 11 vs 10 for that option year. Top 10 picks get the average of the top 10 at their position for their 5th year option. Then, I read that draft positions 11-32 get the average of the top 3-25 at their position for the 5th year option.

The contract projection from Sportrac for Fields is 4 years and around $18.9 million, with $11 million of that as a signing bonus and it should be fully guaranteed.

Teven Jenkins projects to 4 years, $8.4 million with a $3.5 million signing bonus.

SI article about it for Bears draft picks

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
LOL. We're emotional? You're so spent you can't see reality. You were wrong on what this draft would cost and the value of the trade since you insisted he has to play like a 1st round LT. The issue will simply be whether he becomes a solid starting T. Canth has a correct perspective on this and I agree with what pace hs messed up in the past.

None of us know if the move was good or bad at this point but I personally take it over Raduz and a 3rd round WR. Raduz is a lot more likely to bust. Small school, can't move inside and maybe a fail if he can't play LT. He's played strong in the Missouri Valley conference but might get pushed around at RT in the NFL. I much prefer Jenkins.

Like other threads that you've been on rants over, I'll ask you again. What, specifically, would you have done? I think this is the 3rd time and you still haven't answered. WTF?

@halftime care to answer this or are you gonna keep ignoring it???

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@halftime care to answer this or are you gonna keep ignoring it???
I've answered before, you & @Bearly just don't like the answer. So for the last time...

When talking about the roster depth and the team's overall talent level...trading picks didn't just start this year - it's been going on since 2017.

I'm not going to go back and unwind all Pace's drafts and trades since 2017, and do my own mock.

If this was something he had just done this year, it'd be okay. AND yes, I've been complaining about him wasting draft capital for years.

I don't know what is so hard to understand, but when the issues arise I will OFFICIALLY be calling out you and Bearly in every post about it.

You could just acknowledge the waste of draft capital, but since that's not going to happen...I'll get a good laugh at your excuses.

...like usual.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
I've answered before, you & @Bearly just don't like the answer. So for the last time...

When talking about the roster depth and the team's overall talent level...trading picks didn't just start this year - it's been going on since 2017.

I'm not going to go back and unwind all Pace's drafts and trades since 2017, and do my own mock.

If this was something he had just done this year, it'd be okay. AND yes, I've been complaining about him wasting draft capital for years.

I don't know what is so hard to understand, but when the issues arise I will OFFICIALLY be calling out you and Bearly in every post about it.

You could just acknowledge the waste of draft capital, but since that's not going to happen...I'll get a good laugh at your excuses.

...like usual.

LOL! I'd love to see you as a GM. You'd drive a team straight into the dirt in a matter of months. You think you're a lot smarter than you are. I mean, you like to say how right you are so many times, when you've been wrong more. People like you are generally idiots.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OMG. Thanks for nothing. Absolutely zero about how you would of handled this draft. I think we all agree Pace has messed up picks and salaries in the past. Still chasing windmills.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
By addressing a team need, he is putting pressure on the draftee? Anything to put a negative spin on it.

There’s pressure on Fields, too.

Should have traded the first rounder and second rounder for multiple seventh rounders. No pressure there.

JFC!
I find it incredible how you continue to always completely miss the point. One day you'll understand that the constant negativity around here is a result of 10+ years without a playoff win and 30+ years without a championship. We don't even need to go back that far. Year 7 of Ryan Pace and the issues with this team are well known and the sliver of hope that we currently have is completely on the shoulders of two rookies and hoping that a bunch of underperforming defenders turn it around under the scheme of a first year DC.

It's pretty obvious that there is added pressure on the rookie because he will be asked to play a tougher position, that he may or may not be ready for, when the consensus seems to be that you can put him in at RT right away.

I'm sorry the board isn't all puppy dogs and daffodils. Some of us want to see them make deep playoff runs. Join us, please.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why this is something people ask. No one here is a GM or even a real scout.

Pace gets paid the big money to get it right. He hasn't. End of story.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL! I'd love to see you as a GM. You'd drive a team straight into the dirt in a matter of months. You think you're a lot smarter than you are. I mean, you like to say how right you are so many times, when you've been wrong more. People like you are generally idiots.
I CONSTANTLY admit that I'm merely a pedestrian fan...so what does that say about you two?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why this is something people ask. No one here is a GM or even a real scout.

Pace gets paid the big money to get it right. He hasn't. End of story.
Exactly. And if they wanna go that route...how does one take in account the endless draft day trades I could force to strengthen my postion?

It's silly. Pace has wasted draft capital over the years. I'm not sure why they argue like it's not a valid point.

Frankly, it's more about showing up guys like us than being reasonable.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
So now you edit my posts...like forgery.

I don't know why I bring out your insecurities but okay.

No, I make the truth out of your posts. Big difference.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
LOL. We're emotional? You're so spent you can't see reality. You were wrong on what this draft would cost and the value of the trade since you insisted he has to play like a 1st round LT. The issue will simply be whether he becomes a solid starting T. Canth has a correct perspective on this and I agree with what pace hs messed up in the past.

None of us know if the move was good or bad at this point but I personally take it over Raduz and a 3rd round WR. Raduz is a lot more likely to bust. Small school, can't move inside and maybe a fail if he can't play LT. He's played strong in the Missouri Valley conference but might get pushed around at RT in the NFL. I much prefer Jenkins.

Like other threads that you've been on rants over, I'll ask you again. What, specifically, would you have done? I think this is the 3rd time and you still haven't answered. WTF?
What to do?

Don't move up and draft Mr. Fantastic, of course.

1623099340467.jpeg

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

...like usual.
But what would YOU do?

Still not answered, I believe.